Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preeeeeeeeeetty. That is freaking gorgeous.

I'd love to have a Betti in that style, I just hate that I would have to off half of my collection to do it.

Someday. Damn Doc needs to hurry up :alien:

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

DSC_0282.jpg

Not one of my favorites from Bettinardi.

Not one of my favorites from Bettinardi.

Its a long term ponder. At 1200.00 its about 4X more then I have ever paid for a putter.

I need to replace my Cleveland 588 sand wedge. It's at least 10 years old and the new groove technology has to help. I imagine I will start by looking at the new 588 wedges. Any thoughts? KCM

Grooves are definitely different now. I'm a huge fan of the newer 588 forged and have just started trying out the rtx as well

Pondering a 4 and 5 iron 714 AP1. Really like my AP2s, but a little extra forgiveness in the long irons wouldn't be a bad thing.

One of these for my new 2ball

$_57.JPG

That's such a great looking grip JonD. I love that they are branching out, color - wise

Reading about the Z525's tonight and hoping there's something similar on it's way to good old USA this year. Cavity looks smaller in these pics than it actually is.

main0.jpg
main1.jpg

main2.jpg
main3.jpg

From translating the Japanese page, and one of the pics below, I realized that these irons have a tungsten insert in the toe, which I'm a HUGE fan of in the AP1's.

Look at that tungsten toe weight. Those are pretty.

Yea they are. A year old too.

Reading about the Z525's tonight and hoping there's something similar on it's way to good old USA this year. Cavity looks smaller in these pics than it actually is.

From translating the Japanese page, and one of the pics below, I realized that these irons have a tungsten insert in the toe, which I'm a HUGE fan of in the AP1's.
Yes please. I've been drooling over these for a week now. Or whatever the Z545 might be…

main0.jpg
main1.jpg

main2.jpg
main3.jpg

Those are sexy

main0.jpg
main1.jpg

main2.jpg
main3.jpg

I saw the toe insert on 1 of the pages as well...screamed my name

main0.jpg
main1.jpg

main2.jpg
main3.jpg

Those are quite pretty. Have that similar Z Star look with a bit of updating. I bet they are fun to hit.

I've always wanted a set of z star irons. Almost bought a set but then I was chosen for Rocketbladez testing. Hopefully these can be found on ebay for reasonable prices in a few years

I sold a couple of items and have a little coin burning a hole in my pocket. The Laser/rangefinder ponder has evolved to Bushnell V3, Leupold GX-2i and Leuopold GX-4i. TBD

Well I was thinking new putter, checked out some Ping's at Van's and ended up going to Ping to get fitted, seems the Anser 2 milled may be it. I am hoping it makes a difference but I also think a little more time on the practice green may help as well. The milled seems to keep the roll more consistent on it's path. Yes Bubba got me to take a peek and I was hooked.

Also I'm thinking of changing out my Callaway Fit driver , it's 11.5 degrees and now I am finally hitting it right and getting it out over 220 consistently. A few 230 and a couple well past that. I am thinking now that I have my swing consistent , less loft may be called for to up my distance. I used to tee it low and the flight was up as it progressed, just now arcing from the start. Thinking since I had such fun at Ping a G25.

Open to suggestions , feed back and comments.

Hit em straight fellas!

Tried the New Balance shoes on today. Impressed to say the least with the comfort. Now, to find the right pair.

Well I was thinking new putter, checked out some Ping's at Van's and ended up going to Ping to get fitted, seems the Anser 2 milled may be it. I am hoping it makes a difference but I also think a little more time on the practice green may help as well. The milled seems to keep the roll more consistent on it's path. Yes Bubba got me to take a peek and I was hooked.

Also I'm thinking of changing out my Callaway Fit driver , it's 11.5 degrees and now I am finally hitting it right and getting it out over 220 consistently. A few 230 and a couple well past that. I am thinking now that I have my swing consistent , less loft may be called for to up my distance. I used to tee it low and the flight was up as it progressed, just now arcing from the start. Thinking since I had such fun at Ping a G25.

Open to suggestions , feed back and comments.

Hit em straight fellas!

I think you should hit up the PING fitting center. Right in your backyard!

main0.jpg
main1.jpg

main2.jpg
main3.jpg

Those are awesome looking. I really like the looks of those. Hopefully something like that makes it way over here. I think they would sell pretty well.

Ahhhhhhhh. So sexy. Long and forgiving too - at least if you look at the specs and tech.

Ponder is on for a few non club items. A push cart, range finder and a new pair of sunglasses are at the top of the list. The Oakley Vaults look pretty cool and I'm a big fan of the G30 lenses, so that could be a clincher. If someone has any suggestions of a pair that gives you similar vision with the G30's, I'm open to trying them out though. Cart wise and range finder wise, I have no clue what's good.

I keep staring at them. That's such a good looking iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back