Is there a club in your bag that doesn't see much of the course?

I would guess it would be either 5 wood or 5 iron

Sand wedge .. But also 3 wood ( removed from the bag) . Hybrids changed my whole game for the better .. Love love love hybrids . Sand wedge only gets used on difficult courses with numerous bunkers , only play courses like that once or twice a year

I could leave out the 3w, 5i, 8i, and 54* most of the time. That's just because of the courses I usually play, those clubs just aren't needed much.

Definitely my 4i and 5i. Cant honestly remember when I actually used either of them in a round

My 53° wedge. Just doesn't seen much action. Maybe the odd long chip, or if I'm needing exactly 90 yards, +/- 5 or so.

My 4 iron doesn't see much play, either. Too inconsistent, my 2-way miss it too brutal with that distance.

Definitely my 3 wood. I'm properly more accurate with my driver, and I'm very inconsistent with it off the deck. Thinking of ditching it and replacing it with a 15.5 hybrid.

My 58* degree wedge. I used to use it all the time but I use my 54 for just about everything now, maybe a 1 wedge bag is in my future.

52 degree, just not in that range too much. However sometimes I do chip with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are very few rounds that I use every club in my bag. Usually of a club stays in the bag it's the 5 iron. All the clubs around it get a good work out.

This is a good question. My current is rather new and the clubs I've used the least so far would to be 6I but I'm still getting used to everything on different courses.

Using Tapatalk

5 iron for me. Other than a low punch shot, don't have a lot of confidence in this club so when I am around 180, I will typically pull my 7 wood and choke down on it.

I pulled all the non-used clubs a year ago (5w , hybrids, 3I, ) mainly cause the bag straps were ripping from excess weight.

Of the ones left. The 62* wedge (I'll never part with this club) doesn't get used sometimes because it is flat out scary on mishits. It is not matched to my beginners set so the bounce and all that stuff is way different making mishits fairly common.

Also the A wedge (gap). This is matched to my set, but I went so long without a gap wedge that I really struggle with hitting it sometimes and opt for a half-swung pitching wedge or an overpowered sand wedge instead.

For me it is the 58° which is my LW, I play the chip an run when I am close to the hole so that almost always means a less lofted club. I do use the LW for short pitches that I need to get high and 60 yard and less shots when I am short sided. It seems these shots come in to play less often than others so that is why the LW may go a couple of rounds without being used.

Definitely my 5i. I could easily use a hybrid in that spot, but I use it to punch out, and that happens a lot!

4I is the one that rarely sees action. Just havent quite gotten comfortable in the limited time with my set.

For me it's the 50* wedge. I can't tell you the last time I used it. I just don't find myself at 115 yards out very often. It always seems to end up being a PW or 55* distance.

60*. Don't use it around the greens at all and rarely find myself 75-80 yards out with that as my only option as I'll typically go soft SW or run with a PW.

5i and 3w. Really not confident to take a full swing with my 5i right now and the 3w is reserved for an alt to driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

5i/6i most definetely, thinking of swapping one out with a hybrid or maybe a driving iron of sorts.

I rarely hit my 3w unless I'm playing a really long course, don't seem to hit my 3h or 5i too often either.

Stats show it's my 9i. It's a distance that I don't get often, and when I do I have another knockdown option I hit more often than not since I'm more consistent with that shot.

Probably my 4i. I just don't hit from that distance often, and I rarely use it from the tee.

I'm not sure if having a 4h instead would make a difference. I think it's just a function of that distance and rarely seeing it.

I've had times in the past when I didn't hit certain clubs intentionally. It was due to a lack of confidence in them. I can honestly say that I don't have that problem right now with anything in my bag. I don't hit them all perfectly (or even well against the standard set by some), but there are none that I shy away from.

There are gaps that I seemingly rarely am in on certain courses. On longer courses I might hit driver, FW or hybrid and then wedge. That means I won't play the 7-9 irons hardly at all. On some shorter courses, I won't hit the FW but then end up playing a lot of middle irons.

Stats show it's my 9i. It's a distance that I don't get often, and when I do I have another knockdown option I hit more often than not since I'm more consistent with that shot.

Oddly enough, thinking about it more, this might be mine as well. My initial thought would have been a longer club like 3 or 4 hybrid, but I can't think of the last time I used my 9i.

Back