YouTube - Mark Crossfield

I like the Mark Crossfield reviews for this same reason.

Wow! this really got kinda nasty! I guess it's easier to be rude while sitting behind a keyboard than it would be face to face, for some folks at least.

@ Floor is
I enjoy Mark Crossfield videos as well, but THP is now, and has been, my home for everything golf on the internet for several years now. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I take offense at your insinuations about the integrity of the THP staff. I have always found their reviews to be informative, extremely helpful, and unbiased. Not to mention the reviews from forum testing, and pretty much anyone that takes the time to post their thoughts on a particular club or other golf item. I put a lot of stock in the reviews here, not that I buy into everything thing, or agree with them all, but they certainly carry a lot of weight with me.

That being said, I also don't get all the negative posts about Mark Crossfield either. Maybe there's something I don't know about the man, but I can't see where he does any harm.

I'll continue to enjoy both, but I suppose I'll refrain from posting any further stuff from Mr. Crossfield since it seems to be such a divisive issue. Like I said, THP is my internet home for all things golf. I don't want to help create division amongst family.
I've sent a couple direct messages to the staff offering my apologies and telling them I was very wrong. Shouldn't have gone there, shouldn't have said it as I was just very mistaken.

I don't really know what happened, maybe I got the GolfWRX reviews mixed up with the ones here, I've read a couple in the last hour and can't say anything other then that I'm really ashamed of myself and the way I've acted as the reviews are in fact very good.

I'll just crawl into a corner now and try to attract the least amount of attention for a while.

P.S. About the bias towards Mizuno: I think people have their favorite brands and will always be a little biased towards them. I like PING and so PING has an advantage when I'm looking into buying new clubs, I have to admit that I'll always be a bit skeptical towards other some other brands. While they might have equipment as good and possibly better suited to my game and that's a shame actually as we should all use just those clubs that make it easier for us :)

No hard feelings at all Floor-is.

I've sent a couple direct messages to the staff offering my apologies and telling them I was very wrong. Shouldn't have gone there, shouldn't have said it as I was just very mistaken.

I don't really know what happened, maybe I got the GolfWRX reviews mixed up with the ones here, I've read a couple in the last hour and can't say anything other then that I'm really ashamed of myself and the way I've acted as the reviews are in fact very good.

I'll just crawl into a corner now and try to attract the least amount of attention for a while.

P.S. About the bias towards Mizuno: I think people have their favorite brands and will always be a little biased towards them. I like PING and so PING has an advantage when I'm looking into buying new clubs, I have to admit that I'll always be a bit skeptical towards other some other brands. While they might have equipment as good and possibly better suited to my game and that's a shame actually as we should all use just those clubs that make it easier for us :)

I didn't realize you had already been trying to make amends when I posted, please accept my apology.
Fwiw, I have had my own personal bias towards certain clubs/brands, but THP has changed that a great deal for me.

No hard feelings at all Floor-is.

That escalated quickly yesterday for sure. I was waiting for Hawk to say that he killed a man with a trident.

What I really love about this place is stuff like this. There was a HUGE disagreement yesterday, and the poster admitted fault and people forgave. You don't always get that on every message board. Heck, just last week I inadvertently unloaded on Hawk and few others. The next day I was a bit calmer and explained my point a little more clearly and now everything is cool with Hawk and I. I even made a joke about it in the PM I sent him about the AP1s.

Haters gonna hate.....but those who stick around here long enough will realize that no matter what differences of opinion you have with someone, we're all here for the same reason.

.....and Go Team Hackers!

So how about that Mark Crossfield..eh....?

I love getting stuck in. There's value found there for sure. Might not be for everybody though. He does keep things short and to the point. The writers here do a good job of explaining the technology in full. One could use both to complement the other if you feel you need spin and distance numbers. I saw one review on youtube for the AP1s and the guy was hitting trap draws with it and I couldn't understand the point. It's great that you can hit a trap draw with the iron, but that did nothing to show me workability.

Computer geek here, so I'm all about the numbers.

Same here. I like that he knows what his "usual" numbers are, so he'll tell you when he hits a club that gives his more ball speed or the launch angle is different from what he has in his bag at the time.

I'm not sure how I was brash.

My numbers are a big deal for me. I gain a lot of insight from your reviews. I have never once read one and wished you included your launch numbers.

That's a testament to how good and informative your writing is. I mean that.

Brash to some means confrontational to others.

I agree. For me I see those launch numbers as too much of a commercial. "This is the best driver ever. Just look at my simulator numbers!" Kind of thing.

By no means do I believe Jman, JB, Hawk, Canadan, or formerly Jake would do this but it would be really easy to just lie about the launch numbers.

How is it easy to lie about launch numbers when he's showing you the graphics of the launch monitor data during the video? Just curious.

FWIW, I like Crossfield a lot. He's been able to carve out a niche in the Internet golf world: he's done really well with concise video reviews of clubs that include launch monitor data, which a lot of people like. To those that say that he's pretty complimentary of most equipment, here's the reason: basically all golf companies are putting out really good stuff nowadays. It's up to the individual golfer to find what works best for them, but right now, Crossfield is probably the best at comparing different clubs in videos that people can easily find.

I just read the last 4-5 pages. Oh geeez...
Let me just say, I appreciate all the reviews and the hard work/dedication that put in by everyone! Anything I want to know about golf related, I come here. I also enjoy the videos by Mark Crossfield, Rick Shields, etc.
Keep up the great work everyone!

Same here. I like that he knows what his "usual" numbers are, so he'll tell you when he hits a club that gives his more ball speed or the launch angle is different from what he has in his bag at the time.

Brash to some means confrontational to others.

How is it easy to lie about launch numbers when he's showing you the graphics of the launch monitor data during the video? Just curious.

FWIW, I like Crossfield a lot. He's been able to carve out a niche in the Internet golf world: he's done really well with concise video reviews of clubs that include launch monitor data, which a lot of people like. To those that say that he's pretty complimentary of most equipment, here's the reason: basically all golf companies are putting out really good stuff nowadays. It's up to the individual golfer to find what works best for them, but right now, Crossfield is probably the best at comparing different clubs in videos that people can easily find.

I wasn't being brash or confrontational. I was trying to be succinct, so I could avoid this mess.

I don't think Mark lies about his numbers. But that doesn't mean that it can't be done in a print review. That was my point. I'm happy Jman, Hawk, & JB (hopefully Dan in the future) don't include any.

Spot on. It's especially meaningful to me because he's not a big hitter.

I like all his videos and all his toys he has. . Not sure if I would take a lesson from him though.

I have to admit that I watched a couple of his "matches" with his buddies. Really funny. I used to have a group of guys I golfed with where we had the same banter. Got to have thick skin sometimes. I miss those golfing days - some of the best of my 30 or so years of golfing. Nowadays, the guys I tend to golf with are too serious and have taken the fun out of the game.

I have to admit that I watched a couple of his "matches" with his buddies. Really funny. I used to have a group of guys I golfed with where we had the same banter. Got to have thick skin sometimes. I miss those golfing days - some of the best of my 30 or so years of golfing. Nowadays, the guys I tend to golf with are too serious and have taken the fun out of the game.

You need to find some new golfing buddies...haha You can still be serious and have fun. Look at the 2013 Morgan Cup Coverage. All of those guys wanted to win so badly but they all had a good time. That's what golf is about.

As someone who just pick up golf last fall, between MarkCrossfield and Me and my golf guys they really help me understand the fundamentalsthat are needed in a golf swing. I like the course Vlogs and wish more peoplewould do them.

I do most of my research here on THP but I do use his reviews as part of my information gathering when deciding on new equipment. I have seen his biases in his older stuff but has toned that all down in his newer reviews. Nowadays he gives his opinion on feel and looks and shows his numbers to help prove/disprove certain claims. But at the end of it all he has the same messages echo'd here:
1) Try them for yourself and get fit.
2) Lessons lessons lessons.

YouTube - Mark Crossfield

Crossfield is a PGA Professional, so he's a certified instructor. I believe It's not cheap and easy to get one lol... Yea he's not a big hitter, does he need to?... He's not a tour player nor professionally compete for longest drive. He shares his knowledge to the general public for FREE

Golf is the game of respect, respect the game, the rules, the course, and respect other fellow golfers

Uh oh... Mizuno irons gonna get kicked out the bag? He really loved the SLDR irons!!

Uh oh... Mizuno irons gonna get kicked out the bag? He really loved the SLDR irons!!

yeah I watched that today too.

yeah I watched that today too.

He's so funny. You catch the end when he asked what TMAG has done to the water?

He's so funny. You catch the end when he asked what TMAG has done to the water?

yeah I did. He's certainly liking their products right now. Will be fun to see if he does end up doing that SLDR vs EZ iron video.

He certainly was gushing over them.

that he was. I think they are good irons. I'm not sure that if I hit clubs day after day that I would gush over them. But I do like them.

I wonder if it's partly that he was expecting they might just be a rehash of the CBs, or something, with little change so TM could capitalize on the SLDR name. Otherwise, yeah, I guess I would expect a more measured response too. But everyone I know who's hit the SLDR has loved them.

Back