Cobra Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Can't wait to see what is being offered. Another step of the process to complete.

Those guys know best. Remember the thoughts of just sending in your numbers and finding out what arrives? I'd trust all those guys.

That is what I wanted to do. Leave it to the experts. Sadly (or maybe not sadly), it would lead to the interwebz officially exploding.

I can honestly say that the reason they put this menu together was to eliminate that and I think it does a good job. Yes, guys will overthink it. It never fails, especially the shafts...

many times less is more. The shaft selection always gets people. We see it every year.

Spoke to both R&D today, as well as a guy that works there that might know a thing or two about drivers and club heads(came on after Bio Cell launch) and they put together a few choices for THPers that according to them work incredibly well with the club heads being played. Some I am sure will view it as "wait where are my options", but we are used to it at this point.

They know way more than me about there product. They have my absolute trust in whatever options they feel are a good fit.

Not sure who the guy is, but I remember a question that was on a thread awhile back. The thread was would we allow oir bags to be picked by another person ( a professional). Some said no, some said yes. While I think id rather pick the actual clubs, having someone from the r&d department taking the time to offer exactly what has been proven to work is a great idea. Alot od guessing taken out.

I can honestly say that the reason they put this menu together was to eliminate that and I think it does a good job. Yes, guys will overthink it. It never fails, especially the shafts...

Simple is better and guys should be thankful Cobra has helped int he decision making process by doing this

Too true. It inevitably happens, instead of focusing on what is the best combo it becomes whats shiniest or even what does a certain pro play (Yeah, I'm talking about THAT pro :alien:).

Too true. It inevitably happens, instead of focusing on what is the best combo it becomes whats shiniest or even what does a certain pro play (Yeah, I'm talking about THAT pro :alien:).

I wasnt even talking about that. Just watching from the outside and observing how golfers choose their equipment, why they choose their equipment and what they choose. Not my place to tell them what is best, but when you host an event like this, and the equipment is part of it, it brings out some very interesting perspective.

I wasnt even talking about that. Just watching from the outside and observing how golfers choose their equipment, why they choose their equipment and what they choose. Not my place to tell them what is best, but when you host an event like this, and the equipment is part of it, it brings out some very interesting perspective.

Oh I know, but thats the one that always sticks in my personal craw :alien:. I agree though, its interesting to just watch and see what/how people think about things and more importantly to me how the focus goes from the most important part, the head, to the shafts.

Very excited for the Cobra/Puma guys. I look forward to hearing the details.

Question for the staffers here, (I have been skimming so sorry if it's been mentioned) so based on the offerings from Cobra, will most of you take those options out to a fitting to see what works best? Or use data from a previous fitting?

Very excited for the Cobra/Puma guys. I look forward to hearing the details.

Thanks cap, just making everything more real and inspiring some improvment, time to tjrn it up a notch

Question for the staffers here, (I have been skimming so sorry if it's been mentioned) so based on the offerings from Cobra, will most of you take those options out to a fitting to see what works best? Or use data from a previous fitting?

I've been lucky enough to spend prolonged time with a lot of the line and also know my fitting bases with irons, so my decisions will be made from that unless otherwise suggested by my Tour Rep.

I have to drive about 3.5 hours to get a fitting for cobra, so ive been waiting for the info release myself.

Thanks cap, just making everything more real and inspiring some improvment, time to tjrn it up a notch

You're going to do great man.

This is very true. I can look at just about every post in this thread and see that with myself.

It's going to be a new process for me, that's for sure. I went for a fitting a few months ago and got a pretty good picture of what would be right for me from Cobra. However, having the actual engineers behind the equipment adds another factor. I'll be very curious to see if they'll ask for a video of our swing as well as looking at our numbers. I could have a 105 driver head speed and a very smooth deliberate transition (hence why I'm playing an R-flex in my driver now). There are 1000 variables running through my head right now. Definitely not knocking it until I've tried it. If you look at it this way, no other sponsor is putting their engineers behind the selection of clubs.

I almost feel like it's my birthday or Christmas, and I've been told that I'm getting something really cool from a menu of cool things, but I'm getting the cool thing that has been picked based on my performance by the creator of that cool thing. So the suspense of it all is heightened.

Very very very very excited to see what tomorrow brings.

Just wanted to point out, that I think people are a bit confused. We did not say that R&D would analyze what equipment for what person. I said that R&D analyzed what equipment (shafts) work best with their heads and came up with some decisions on what would be offered for #THPMC

I am sure if someone would like feedback the Tour Rep will be glad to assist and get any questions answered however.

Just wanted to point out, that I think people are a bit confused. We did not say that R&D would analyze what equipment for what person. I said that R&D analyzed what equipment (shafts) work best with their heads and came up with some decisions on what would be offered for #THPMC

I am sure if someone would like feedback the Tour Rep will be glad to assist and get any questions answered however.

You can just say, "I think you're confused, Adam". My feelings won't be hurt :alien:

I'll wait until tomorrow and see how it actually goes down before I even start to think about questions for my tour rep. Based on comments made in another thread by my tour rep about how OEMs determine what becomes the stock option (how the OEM puts the best club setup out of the box for the consumer - SLDR Review thread maybe?) I'm very interested and excited with the options afforded us. Not saying that all that will be offered is what is listed as "stock" on the Cobra website.

So, to revise my birthday analogy....It's like we're getting something cool from a menu of cool things, and that menu has been put together based on facts that the creator of that cool has gathered on the ideal performance of that cool thing.

No matter what, we're getting the best performing "cool thing" available.

Cobra...
You are on deck. PM Coming tomorrow on equipment.
You will have specific choices on equipment and a menu of options to choose from. This menu contains the shafts that are available and were chosen specifically by the clubs creators to give the best fit with the designed club heads of choice.

I'm pretty pumped about this, the new line up is so good it's not funny, I'm sure they have put together an excellent set of options for us. Man I can't wait!

I'm pretty pumped about this the new line up is so good it's not funny, I'm sure they have put together an excellent set of options for us. Man I can't wait!

Definitely! I'm seriously going through all of the possibilities that they can put together for us.

Sorry that I'm just seeing JB's post, it's been an incredibly crappy day.

Looking forward to the PM with subsequent options.

Still can't believe I am this lucky again.

Playing catch up myself today. I love that Cobra hand picked what we are offered. JB has seen me hit the Bio line and I will trust that input and be ready to rock. I know pondering is half the fun but I fully expect my order to be set in stone by the weekend.

Already one 2014 Morgan Cup bomb dropped today, pretty darn excited to get that tour rep PM at some point today. The mind is a racing and I'm really excited to see what Cobra has come up with for us.

Having the club creators involved with the shaft offerings is awesome. They will set us up for success I have zero doubt about.

Already one 2014 Morgan Cup bomb dropped today, pretty darn excited to get that tour rep PM at some point today. The mind is a racing and I'm really excited to see what Cobra has come up with for us.

Having the club creators involved with the shaft offerings is awesome. They will set us up for success I have zero doubt about.

Apparently refreshing on a regular basis doesn't make the PM show up any faster. Love those Tour Rep PM's.

Apparently refreshing on a regular basis doesn't make the PM show up any faster. Love those Tour Rep PM's.

NOW someone tells me.

:alien:

Back