Cobra Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Hey @JB, do you mind sharing what set-up you would go with as a Cobra staffer?

This is a great question! Looking forward to the answer

See, and traditionally I have been the opposite w/ the 2. Though the PXi does feel better by PX standards, it still doesn't sniff the Tour's in my experience.

Bio Cell Driver w/ Matrix Red Tie
Bio Cell+ FW Wood (3-4) w/ Matrix Red Tie
Bio Cell Hybrid with stock shaft
Bio Cell irons w/ Graphite Shafts in Stiff. Or KBS Tour in Stiff
50, 54, 58 Tour Trusty w/ Graphite Shafts

no overthinking, nice and easy

Great question and even better answer from JB.

These choices are awesome! I do have a question, but I'll send it via PM.

Great job Cobra!

I am golden then. I am actually leaning toward the PXi. Wanted something a little lighter. Any thoughts on the differences?

I love the PXi shafts. KBS Tours are great, but a bit on the heavy side for me. My hands generally start to ache after a while. PXi are going to give you a bit more boring trajectory. I've played the PXi in 4 sets and loved them each time. I know I'm going PXi and probably Bio Cell.

Just wanted to mention that if anyone needs a Bio Cell 6i to get familiar with before July let me know. It has the stock XPS Stiff shaft.

Just wanted to mention that if anyone needs a Bio Cell 6i to get familiar with before July let me know. It has the stock XPS Stiff shaft.

Cool offer there buddy!

I'm having the PXi 5.5 shafts put into a Bio Cell 6i and Baffler XL 7i later today. Should go a long ways towards confirming what should be in my bag in July.

Now that the options are laid out in front of you guys, how many of the 8 plan on getting a fitting done?

good to see them come back

Good looking bag right there

Now that the options are laid out in front of you guys, how many of the 8 plan on getting a fitting done?

Lol mine is already done, just trying to decide on 1* up or standard I could go either way.

I for sure will get a fitting done. I love the fact that I know what my options are so I can go into my fitting knowing exactly what I should be testing out

I won't since I've already dialed in the driver and recently had another iron fitting where I was for into the PXi's.

I've had plenty of experience with the Baffler hybrids and TT wedges also.

Bag is mostly done...just need to confirm which set I want to play in 6/7 - SW and putter.

I won't since I've already dialed in the driver and recently had another iron fitting where I was for into the PXi's.

I've had plenty of experience with the Baffler hybrids and TT wedges also.

Bag is mostly done...just need to confirm which set I want to play in 6/7 - SW and putter.

leaning any particular way?

I just had one a couple of months ago for my irons and also did an informal fitting with my instructor. Definitely going Bio Cell with 5.5 PXi, +2*. Driver I will definitely need to go get fit for. Need to look at spin rates and smash with the different shafts and flexes. I want to say I'll go R with a Red Tie or D+, but I'll let the fitting tell me the story. My bag is just about set...

Driver - TBD
3/4 Wood (D+)
3/4 Hyb (set to 3)
4-P Bio Cell w/PXi 5.5
Tour Trusty 52, 56 12* , 60 10*
PTM2

Now I can't wait to see what the apparel is going to look like. We will definitely be the best dressed group out there.

I am all set. I was lucky I was able to get the stuff on a monitor and have everything pretty well sorted out. Also had a few fittings in the last few year and the swing has not changed.

leaning any particular way?

Yeah...I'm a forgiveness guy and want something as close to the Altitudes as possible and I think that's gonna mean the XL's. I could game the Bio Cells like I did the J40's but in that pressure packed event I lean on forgiveness.

Forgiveness helps me hit more GIR's. Those cause trouble in events like this - especially on Sunday! I don't work the ball so I just fail to see how the Cells would be better for me over the XL's.

Liiiiiikely....

Bio Cell DR - Red-Tie
Bio Cell 5w 17* - Red Tie
Bio Cell 3/4 Hy - Stock
Bio Cell 4/5 Hy - Stock
Bio Cell 6-GW - KBS Tour R
Tour Trusty 54/58/62 - KBS Tour S
SeeMore X3 380g 38" CB

Jman: is that not 14 without putter?

Yeah...I'm a forgiveness guy and want something as close to the Altitudes as possible and I think that's gonna mean the XL's. I could game the Bio Cells like I did the J40's but in that pressure packed event I lean on forgiveness.

Forgiveness helps me hit more GIR's. Those cause trouble in events like this - especially on Sunday! I don't work the ball so I just fail to see how the Cells would be better for me over the XL's.

Good stuff. You have the game to play either of those sets extremely well.

Piss, supposed to be 6-GW, will fix

I was thinking that but wasn't certain. 6 is a question mark for me....hybrid or iron in that slot. Love me some Baffler hybrids and may have 5 in the bag...(2-6). Hahaha

I was thinking that but wasn't certain. 6 is a question mark for me....hybrid or iron in that slot. Love me some Baffler hybrids and may have 5 in the bag...(2-6). Hahaha

It'll be strange for me not carrying a 5i, its why my other thought was leave it in the bag an not take that extra wedge, I just don't want too much redundancy.

holy headcovers batman!

Back