The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Range day with mainly my pitching pw trying to make consistent contact. After words I hit about 20 balls with the driver testing the hover method (worked well). Then it was over to the pitching are to work with my sand wedge. I've figure out that my biggest problem is decelerating. QUESTION- my swing coach has me move the ball 6-8 inches ahead of my normal address. It helps me transfer weight and hit the ball clean. Any thoughts on how to translate that into the swing with ball addressed normally? I hope that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hips hips hips (pelvis).

That's my major focus at this point, after shooting some video out its evident that I've got a nasty habit of keeping my right hip higher than the left by a good margin through the swing and its leading to me get my weight out forward and helping to force the OTT. Primarily a long club thing for me right now (driver mostly), but its def there looking at the markups. So, its something to work on, and I'm happy to work on it.

Worked on full swing and putting drills from my lesson yesterday. The gate drill emphasizing an inside to down the line putting stroke will be a game changer.

Had a lesson today and talked with my instructor about working on the short game. My down fall this year is that I have no idea what I'm doing inside 85 yards this year.
Well, it has become clear to me what my big issue has been. It is something that should be rather easy to fix, but I need to get out there and ingrain what I need to do. Nothing drastic, but many reps will need to be done for it to become second nature.

Worked on my swing in the backyard today in between chores. I've been hitting it straight with respectable ball flight, but haven't been getting the distance I'm used to recently and definitely not hitting it as flush as I've been getting used to with the irons. After checking a few things out with my swing, I'm pretty sure I'm thinning my shots and hitting a lot of shots with the bottom half of the club face, probably from rising up too early. I've been working on curing that, but will definitely address with my pro during my lesson next week.

Hit the range tonight for a small bucket tonight to keep the momentum going after my last session and to get myself prepared for my lesson tomorrow night. Took about a half step back off the ball and was hitting everything flush. Cannot wait to get out on the course. Here is a 6 iron video:

[video=youtube_share;qp4A50-VgAM]http://youtu.be/qp4A50-VgAM[/video]

Nice Dev! That looked and sounded crisp.

Dev dialing it in...yes!

Nice Dev! That looked and sounded crisp.

It's the highest and further I have ever hit a ball. I don't know if it's the KBS Tour 90's or all the hard work is paying off but I am borderline giddy about it. Can't wait to get out on th course... And shockingly rain all week. Boooo

Rick, I love it brother.

Dev, nice swing man!

Ricky, that's an excellent swing my dude.

I like that lefty swing Dev!! Looks great!

5 Lessons in to what will be probably a 12 lesson package.

The swing change implemented on Wednesday has already paid dividends off of the tee. Actually managed to get the ball airborn and a few in the 250 range, which is huge for me as its been a long time coming. Tempo will be the key and not taking too short of a back swing and then rushing through the downswing. Also noticed Im starting the ball off a tad too far right for my liking, Im hoping its an alignment issue, as I saw the same thing with a hybo off the tee yesterday as well.

The Irons continue to be a work in progress. Didnt hit the ball as solid as the last 2 range sessions but the contact was much better and my misses left my reasonable wedge shots at greens. Similar to the driver, I just need to slow things down get more upright and keep the swing nice and smooth. Its close, I can feel it, just gotta keep plugging away.

Short game is solid, not perfect, but a huge improvement on the past. Confidence is at its peak with the wedge which is nice not having the fear of thins in my mind before swinging.

Putting is pretty solid, liking what Im seeing with my speeds, still just a little right on alot of putts. Wondering if its alignment just like im seeing everywhere else.

For April Im pretty happy with how things stand so far, May will be a big month for me, actually playing some rounds with THPERS and will continue to work hard with the lessons and range time.

May is going to be a good month for team partyeditor.

Love it Deano!!!! 250 is huge for you off the tee and having a short game is awesome getting those alignment issues straightened up and you'll be deadly

This ones for my Captain. I have always struggled with long irons, which is why I have carried multiple hybrids. I have been struggling with the X2hot hybrids mightily this year. Brought my 4 and 5 irons to the range last night and the results were awesome. A few more range sessions like that and I might ditch a hybrid all together. I hit my 4 iron last night 200 yards. I have never hit an iron that long in my entire life.

Interesting Ricky. I wonder what the difference is?

Dev are you hitting off mats? Those things can be deceiving.

Interesting Ricky. I wonder what the difference is?

I made a few small changes and it has been such a huge difference. Loosen the grip and I took about a half step back away from the ball which is allowing me to get more arm extension on the takeway and follow through. Another big thing for me was ball position. Always played everything in the middle of my stance. A few tweaks here and there and it has been such a night and day difference. Also, keeping my head steady has been huge. Come to think of it, thats alot of changes..haha. Work work work. Rukk net and mat come this week. Seeing progress like that only fuels my fire to get better.

Dev are you hitting off mats? Those things can be deceiving.

1 session was off a mat and the other was grass. I have historically been utterly useless off mats so it was a pretty big shock to be able to carry it over.

Well, you have some time to play around. Might consider taking them to the course and seeing how they pan out for you?

Well, you have some time to play around. Might consider taking them to the course and seeing how they pan out for you?

I am going to try but rain all week. My fitting is Thursday but order doesnt have to be in for a few weeks so I have some time to decide. I always bring them to the course with me, just rarely ever use them..haha

Hit the range yesterday in hopes of fine-tuning my game for the start of my work league on Wednesdays!

238706fa-de7c-4666-97f7-21f11576294d_zpsd8987418.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back