2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back at it for me yesterday. Chest and back and yoga. Hoping to finally reingrain these behaviors

I just ran outside...for like the 3rd time ever in my life. I always run on a treadmill so I can see my stats and control the speed, but for some reason I had this weird urge to go running outside. I probably should have taken into consideration the fact that it's 90* outside. That was BRUTAL! But I am glad I did it, and I plan to do it again tomorrow.. just earlier in the morning so I don't die.

I have been back for 10 minutes now and I still can't stop sweating.

I need to purchase an armband for my phone, and I am thinking I need some kind of device to track my stats. Any recommendations?

2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

I just ran outside...for like the 3rd time ever in my life. I always run on a treadmill so I can see my stats and control the speed, but for some reason I had this weird urge to go running outside. I probably should have taken into consideration the fact that it's 90* outside. That was BRUTAL! But I am glad I did it, and I plan to do it again tomorrow.. just earlier in the morning so I don't die.

I need to purchase an armband for my phone, and I am thinking I need some kind of device to track my stats. Any recommendations?

I have the Nike Fuel band and like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one too, but it's not holding a charge, so I was looking for something new.

Fitbit One maybe? I have a fitbit. I really need to start using it more.

I have heard quite a bit about the fitbit. I know nerfny was telling me about hers and how she had to get a new band because there was a problem with the material. Do you like yours?

Yeah. I have the older version that doesnt have a band. Just clips on and works just fine. I need to use it more to be honest. Havent used it a ton but it does the job.

I have one too, but it's not holding a charge, so I was looking for something new.

I had the same issue and had it replaced. I've heard Garmin vivofit's are supposed to be good.

Yeah. I have the older version that doesnt have a band. Just clips on and works just fine. I need to use it more to be honest. Havent used it a ton but it does the job.

I will look into this more. I honestly haven't researched it at all. I am trying to find some way to motivate myself to run outside, even though I despise running.

I had the same issue and had it replaced. I've heard Garmin vivofit's are supposed to be good.

I got mine directly from Nike at a media event a few years ago so I feel bad trying to replace it since I didn't actually pay for it. I will look into the Garmin one though, thanks!

What kind of phone do you use? I hear the samsung activity bracelet (or whatever it's called) is quite good...heart rate, calories etc.

I use an iPhone so can't get it myself...

Hamstring is healed. Time for the gym tonight. I've missed it.

I have a Lg G2 android phone.

Ok, apparently it's only compatible with samsung phones, I thought it would just require android. Sorry :)

Came back from my trip to Miami and got on the scale...not one pound gained. Whew, that's a relief. Still just shy of my 200 lb goal...need to get after it to get past this plateau.

FWIW I have the BodyMedia Link. It bases its numbers of a lot more data than the fitbits for better accuracy (accelerometer plus skin heat, moisture plus more).

Came back from my trip to Miami and got on the scale...not one pound gained. Whew, that's a relief. Still just shy of my 200 lb goal...need to get after it to get past this plateau.

Nice man! Huge to do on vacation!

Nice GG! That's great news! Treadmills are good but nothing beats the good old outdoors!

Down 2 pounds last week making the total 7 over the last 2 weeks. This week was tough as I tweaked my back on Thursday and havent worked out since Wednesday, so happy with a loss. Hoping to test the back again today and get back to the Insanity workouts.

Congrats dude!! Keep it up!

Set a 37 second PR yesterday in a 5k. 28:10 on course with a lot of uphill. The one thing that I have noticed by doing crossfit and running is the muscular endurance from crossfit helps me go harder longer when running.

Congrats and totally true observation

I'm going to try a more traditional upper/lower body split program. Just to see what happens.

asanu8uh.jpg

I'm back running again. Knee is feeling much better. Got 2 miles in today and am hitting the bike in a bit. I let almost all of the 35 pounds I lost about a year ago creep back on. Not again it is time to make some changes

Back is feeling ok so back to insanity. ..and it was pure cardio...brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back