Wilson Staff M3 Fairway Wood - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for a THP homepage Review is the new Wilson Staff M3 fairway wood. For this review THP was sent the 17-degree model paired with the stock Aldila RIP Phenom 65 shaft.

The looks and design of the M3 line is definitely a departure for W/S from what we have seen. The matte finish and sole design really stands out and additionally it features quite a bit of adjustability not only via multiple lofts but also three different sole weights to make the club play different overall weights to really tune it in for the individual.

Information on the M3 Fairway:

MULTI FIT SYSTEM
The six separate loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options in the Multi Fit System make these fairway woods customizable for optimized trajectory and increased club head speeds.

The three fairway wood head options come standard at initial lofts of 13.5°, 15.0° and 17.0°. Based on the player's preferred flight, lofts can be adjusted from 12.5° to 19.0° in half degree increments, depending on the respective head (see "More Details" below).

The Super Light (silver) 3-gram sole weight, The Right Light (gold) 7-gram sole weight and the Traditional (black) 11-gram sole weight all come included in a pouch with an adjustability wrench and manual.

OPTIMIZED TRAJECTORY
Loft changes allow Feel (F) and Control (C) players to optimize distance and trajectory.

IMPROVED CONTROL
Lie changes allow Feel (F) and Control (C) players to improve control and turf interaction.

VARIABLE FACE THICKNESS
Variable face thickness and crown elements allow mass to be moved to optimize center of gravity and increase ball speeds.

DARK FINISH
An iced matte painted crown and black PVD finish provide an understated yet performance-inspiring look.

MORE DETAILS
The 13.5° option adjusts to 12.5°, 13.0°, 13.5°, 14.5°, 15.0° and 15.5°.
The 15.0° option adjusts to 14.0°, 14.5°, 15.0°, 16.0°, 16.5° and 17.0°.
The 17.0° option adjusts to 16.0°, 16.5°, 17.0°, 18.0°, 18.5° and 19.0°.

SPECIFICATIONS:

GripLamkin Crossline Black 360
Shaft OptionsAldila RIP Phenom
Flex OptionsX, S, R, A
Player CategoryFeel, Control
HandRH, LH
PlayerAdult

In Hand Pictures:
DSC_0334-L.jpg

DSC_0336-L.jpg

DSC_0335-L.jpg

DSC_0337-L.jpg

DSC_0339-L.jpg

DSC_0341-L.jpg

DSC_0340-L.jpg

DSC_0342-L.jpg

DSC_0344-L.jpg

DSC_0343-L.jpg

DSC_0346-L.jpg

DSC_0347-L.jpg

DSC_0348-L.jpg

DSC_0349-L.jpg

DSC_0350-L.jpg

DSC_0351-L.jpg

DSC_0321-L.jpg

DSC_0324-L.jpg

Last edited:
There is nothing I do not like about this club. It looks good and it's adjustable.

Great looking club! I hope it performs half as good as it looks.

• Staff
Added pic's of the weights/kit!

The matte finish and lack of alignment aid make it look MEAN. I also like the loft adjustability on this one.

Curious about launch conditions with this one - whether it's going to be just for the better player or not. Looks good, but I wonder if I'd struggle with it.

Great looking. No alignment on the crown at all, I would like to see a little graphic or something to help getting lined up properly.

Tons of adjustability, the 13.5* model can go down to 12.5 and up to 15 *. That's like 2-3 clubs in one

Wilson is definitely bringing it with the M3 line. These, the driver and the irons all look incredible! Looking forward to hearing more about all three!

Hello 17 degree! Very much interested in this review buddy. Hit it the other day and thought it was quite good for me.

Curious about launch conditions with this one - whether it's going to be just for the better player or not. Looks good, but I wonder if I'd struggle with it.

I'm especially curious as well with what you've seen/thought from the hybrid. I will say, this one is pretty compact looking at address, makes me lean players. Will snap some pics next to some other fairways tomorrow.

Would that be extra or come with the club?

Comes with the clubs buddy.

Hello 17 degree! Very much interested in this review buddy. Hit it the other day and thought it was quite good for me.

You know I'm going to ask Dean, how did it sound?

great Pics James and the looks of the FWD and the adjustability will really allow a player to dial it in just right for them #MakeitPersonal

How does changing loft effect face angle?

great Pics James and the looks of the FWD and the adjustability will really allow a player to dial it in just right for them #MakeitPersonal

How does changing loft effect face angle?

I'm actually glad you brought that up! From what I gather, the sole on the M3's is a lot like Cobra's "SmartPad" tech which allows the club to maintain face angle while altering lofts.

I'm thinking the torque and weight would be decent for 17* off the head.

I know one thing, I love the matte finish.

Love the finish. Wilson Staff stuff is getting sweeter by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ok ok I defently need to try Wilson. These are all screaming at me. This may be all my tax money gone in 1 place

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I too, love the finish on this. Will need to look into the shaft specs in R. Specifically the torque numbers. What a classy looking hybo!

JM

Matte finish is great! Head cover is above average for OEM. The adjustable hosel seems a bit large but that could just be the picture. All and all I solid looking club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Matte finish is great! Head cover is above average for OEM. The adjustable hosel seems a bit large but that could just be the picture. All and all I solid looking club!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I dunno, I think the HC is one of the best I've seen out of an OEM in a while from a colors and quality standpoint (though the old school covers like Adams and Cleveland Classic's still win my heart the most).

Snapped these this morning, thought it would interest some people, this is the Bio+ which is tiny compared to the M3

3AB1B9AE-7EF0-4AFA-90D8-CAA1A735537C_zps5fgkv2cb.jpg

ED0B076A-54B5-4EC3-82EE-8987521A322C_zpsbo84bf7o.jpg

Love the looks again. Man, WS is bringing it lately!

This is a really good looking club and I appreciate the adjustability via both loft and weight.

Matte finish looks fantastic and the pouch/head cover are very well done also.

What's not to love about this package?

That is HOT looking. I would play that for sure.

Back