Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Took a few swings with this at Golf Galaxy, finally saw some spin numbers in the 3000's, been a long time since Ive been anywhere near that.

Tried the 13.5* head, Launch was 20*-22*, had nothing for distance but I wasnt freely swinging as I dont do well in enclosed areas.

The misshits didnt seem much different at all from the solid contact.

Continuing to be intrigued by it

This thread and #TheKing talk is making me take mine out again today, I really do love this one still.

This thread and #TheKing talk is making me take mine out again today, I really do love this one still.

it's making me want one even more

it's making me want one even more

Mine has a Red Tie in it now for you to hit on the range Saturday. Could we have...60 clubs out there?

Fine Bertha, you win.

I like my BB, a lot. The look is awesome. The sound on flush hits is second to none. And it is easy to hit off the deck, I mean real easy.

I have almost pulled the trigger on this driver like 4 times. Bio Cell performed slightly better on an indoor monitor, but I want to give Callaway some love. Knowing I get a driver for #PersonalDistance isn't helping me justify the purchase.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Bertha continues to amaze me. The distance is there, but the forgiveness is what I love the most. On tee shots where I know I didn't get all of it or not a center hit I'm still seeng respectable distances.

This driver has transformed my tee game. I am seeing parts of course I previously didn't. Today the tee shots not in the fairway either rolled into a FW bunker or in the first cut. Granted my lessons are paying off and I'm swinging better, but the club flat out performs.

Hitting my Bertha on my usual range back home just reinforced what I saw at The King. I was carrying the flag where my drives usually land, and they were bouncing/rolling very nicely.

Can't wait to tear up my home course with this bad beeotch.

Hitting my Bertha on my usual range back home just reinforced what I saw at The King. I was carrying the flag where my drives usually land, and they were bouncing/rolling very nicely.

Can't wait to tear up my home course with this bad beeotch.

Taking my alpha out on my home courses has left me in positions I've never been before. That is when I was really able to see the difference between my bertha and old driver

Just bought a shaft adaptor to throw a White Tie in my BB. The stock shaft is great, but hitting JB's BB with the White Tie has me shaft tinkering for the first time.

I had a mid size grip put on my Bertha yesterday. When the time is right to get back out there, it will be fun to see how she works with my normal setup.

I had a mid size grip put on my Bertha yesterday. When the time is right to get back out there, it will be fun to see how she works with my normal setup.

Grip will be my next purchase. I know you'll enjoy it even more with that mid size on there.

Getting out with Bertha on my home course in a couple of hours. Looking forward to seeing how she does. Going to raise the loft to 11.5 after hearing how the greater loft worked well for a few guys at #theking. I played it at 10.5 down there and saw a solid penetrating ball flight. Raising a bit may get me more carry distance.

I enjoyed my Bertha a good bit in Orlando, definitely need to spend more time dialing it in, as my misses were still a bit off.

I enjoyed my Bertha a good bit in Orlando, definitely need to spend more time dialing it in, as my misses were still a bit off.

I'd personally just give up and stick with amp cell if it's not working for ya :D

You would say that.

Dream on, 441.

Empty promises lol.

Good luck, all I know is 13.5* was a little too high for me...11.5 may be the golden ticket

Just bought a shaft adaptor to throw a White Tie in my BB. The stock shaft is great, but hitting JB's BB with the White Tie has me shaft tinkering for the first time.

Great minds think alike. I am waiting on the adapter to throw the White Tie on my BB. I agree the stick Fubuki is nice, but my previous history with the White Tie has me wondering.

Great minds think alike. I am waiting on the adapter to throw the White Tie on my BB. I agree the stick Fubuki is nice, but my previous history with the White Tie has me wondering.

I need to research that Fubuki stock shaft more to know what to expect and think about. First time really playing around with changing shafts out, so it should be fun. I've got a feeling I'll like them both.

Curious to read you guys' thoughts on the White Tie. I really like the stock Fubuki but may tinker this weekend with the DI-6 in my Xtreme. Only thing its the old adapter but it should work.

I need to research that Fubuki stock shaft more to know what to expect and think about. First time really playing around with changing shafts out, so it should be fun. I've got a feeling I'll like them both.

For me it was the weight I had to get used to. I've never gamed that light of a shaft and one thing it did force me to do is swing easier (harder than it seems), but when I do good lord does the ball just go forever. The ball flight is what I like to see & while I know the face is hot the Fubuki is a great combo that works. If someone told me I had to game that and not look back I could, but having experienced the White Tie before in the AMP Cell, I'm curious about the combo with Bertha.

For me it was the weight I had to get used to. I've never gamed that light of a shaft and one thing it did force me to do is swing easier (harder than it seems), but when I do good lord does the ball just go forever. The ball flight is what I like to see & while I know the face is hot the Fubuki is a great combo that works. If someone told me I had to game that and not look back I could, but having experienced the White Tie before in the AMP Cell, I'm curious about the combo with Bertha.

I've really tried to shorten my swing lately, but when I know I need to try and get a few more yards out of one, the Fubuki does really well. I've tried the combo in the BB and I really think you'll like it.

I've never gamed a shaft this light before in a driver either, and it does change the feel, which could explain my "adjustment period", let's call it (those of you who saw me off the tee at #TheKing may be slightly less friendly in your word choice hahaha). But that being said, I took her to the range two days ago to do a few drills to try and get my hooky ways under control, and let's just say I hit some of the longest and straightes drives I've ever hit in my life. Flying my best R11S drives of the day by 10 or 15 yards, easy - the range has a net at 225, and uses limited distance balls, and I was hitting the net about 20 feet above the ground.

Once I get the swing locked down (you dumba$$ :banghead:), this thing is gonna be a freakin BEAST.

EDIT: I also notice the torque is fairly high on this shaft, about 5* - this could be having an effect as well, IIRC the Phenom in my R11S has a torque closer to 4*.

Having hit a bunch of shafts yesterday in this and finding out that the stock shaft was night and day better for me from a spin and launch perspective was eye opening. I think they did a really good job matching the head and stock shaft in this. It wont work for everyone but it will work well for a vast majority. Just changed a few settings and was getting my launch angle in the 15-16 degree range which was my sweet spot and no more pesky fade. I like playing a straight ball so now on the D setting at +2 loft I have a slight baby fade but was really pummeling the ball. Felt really good.

Back