2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

So, is there a bread pudding related announcement today? Did I miss it? Sorry, just trying to focus on the important stuff.

Working on contracts and decisions.

Hahaha Hey I am trying to keep up with you man. And hey I do have a pig at my mom and dads farm, maybe I can ride that to the first tee LOL. And only getting out I do is to my lesson, range, work and to the golf course. Tomorrow Ill be out on the Harley wearing my chaps and helping a great cause on a poker run.

Pig riding in Georgia is illegal unless your under age 12. :pig:

I wish I was going to be at this event just to see all this drama play out.....The first time I played with JB in Austin, I sliced my first tee shot off the planet....played a little better a few months latter in Myrtle Beach.

JB has mystical powers. I missed a 300 yard wide fairway at Grand Cypress on the New Course's first hole :bulgy-eyes:

JB has mystical powers. I missed a 300 yard wide fairway at Grand Cypress on the New Course's first hole :bulgy-eyes:

But came back and played great.

I have some nasty images burnt into my brain right now! ?
I'm seeing dresses with hairy legs riding a unicorn pig

Pig riding in Georgia is illegal unless your under age 12. :pig:
Or someone small enough to pass for a 12 year old. I can't think of anyone attending this event who would fit in that category. :glasses-cool:

Here you go Coers...after your eight shot spread is exhausted on the 1st hole you get to play...

#2 The Pecan

I know what I'm going to be practicing this weekend. Sand shots. Lots and lots of sand shots.

Here you go Coers...after your eight shot spread is exhausted on the 1st hole you get to play...

#2 The Pecan

Hmm that hole strains my 4i off the tee box idea all weekend, pretty sure I can't get there in 2 with 4i,4i

Driver/7I....simple game lol

If we play the orange tees, I am in trouble.

If this is the Sat course you can play wherever
If I want to make that in two, it's got to be from the white's and then I can manage Driver followed by a 7i, 8i, or 9i shot wth my 9 o'clock swing. If I play from the green's, I need a long iron and while I could potentially be pin high, I'll need to chip onto the green to save par from either side because I doubt I'll be on the green. Attempting to play bogey golf anyways, and the total distances from the whites is what I typically play locally. I could play from the green's but it'll be much more of a challenge to make par for me.

Based on a previous post that I found, Crooked Cat was the Saturday round.

If this is the Sat course you can play wherever

For me #2 the driver is rocking followed by 6i/7i unless warmups direct me in a different direction.

Nice, looks like the fairway is huge LOL. I am guessing this will big a 3 wood or hybrid shot here. Any idea what kinda of carry you need to get to the fairway?

#2 The Pecan

The Yardage Book doesn't state, so I will defer to those who have played here before.
Nice, looks like the fairway is huge LOL. I am guessing this will big a 3 wood or hybrid shot here. Any idea what kinda of carry you need to get to the fairway?

on the swing by swing app it's 242 to fairway from the blacks. so I am guessing maybe 180-200 for the orange green tee's
The Yardage Book doesn't state, so I will defer to those who have played here before.

According to Callaway's uPro site, if you play from the tips it's 466 to the pin. The sand traps in front of the green start around 393 and end at 439 yards. Not sure if those numbers are "middle of the hazard" or not. I'd say you have about 60 yards of sand trap to fly. I am going to aim right on this hole.

Yeah going right is going to be the easy way out here.

Yeah going right is going to be the easy way out here.
Whoops, deleted my post because I misread the question. At any rate, right isn't the "easy way out" for me ... it's the "only way out". If I wind up in the first trap, I'd probably wind up hopping through each one on my way to the green. I'd rather not have to do that. So if I am lucky enough to make the fairway, I'm still aiming right even though I'll be tempted to try to carry it over.

Announcement

Friday evening we will begin with a cocktail hour in a suite at the Hyatt Regency and then from there head over to the Gaylord Palms to have dinner at Villa De Flora for a buffet that is quite good. While we know dinner was not included in this event, GG and I wanted to do something nice for everybody that is coming to town so this is on us. You will have the entire buffet available as well as tea, water and soft drinks.

Beer and Wine as well as a full bar is available to you, but that is at an additional cost (you will have your own bill for that).

This buffet is Mediterranean themed and has not only multiple carving stations, but also a pasta station, full sald stations, hot dishes and a dessert area that is fantastic. We have a section set aside for us so we will all be able to sit together Friday evening at 7:30pm EST.

We hope you all enjoy visiting another property and indulging in some wonderful food and we are excited to see you all there.

Please note there is a fee for parking, however if you choose self parking and bring your receipt into Villa De Flora, we are told they will validate that slip and self parking will be free of charge and valet will be discounted.

Announcement

Friday evening we will begin with a cocktail hour in a suite at the Hyatt Regency and then from there head over to the Gaylord Palms to have dinner at Villa De Flora for a buffet that is quite good. While we know dinner was not included in this event, GG and I wanted to do something nice for everybody that is coming to town so this is on us. You will have the entire buffet available as well as tea, water and soft drinks.

Beer and Wine as well as a full bar is available to you, but that is at an additional cost (you will have your own bill for that).

This buffet is Mediterranean themed and has not only multiple carving stations, but also a pasta station, full sald stations, hot dishes and a dessert area that is fantastic. We have a section set aside for us so we will all be able to sit together Friday evening at 7:30pm EST.

We hope you all enjoy visiting another property and indulging in some wonderful food and we are excited to see you all there.

Please note there is a fee for parking, however if you choose self parking and bring your receipt into Villa De Flora, we are told they will validate that slip and self parking will be free of charge and valet will be discounted.

Thank you to both of you!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks JB and GG! The wife and I greatly appreciate this.

We will be driving, so we will have room for one more couple ... two couples if everyone really wants to get cozy.

Gaylord knows how to do things right. Lucky people!

Announcement

Man you guys went above and beyond here

Back