Cobra Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Rumor has it, that something is heading to the 8 lucky staff members next week. Just a rumor though.

I'm liking that kind of rumor, can't wait!

Rumor has it, that something is heading to the 8 lucky staff members next week. Just a rumor though.

I love me some cobra/puma rumors!

Going to be very interesting to see what everyone chooses for thier set ups. Are the Amp Cell Pro irons an option this year or no?

Nope. Who needs last years , when the bio line is #awesome.

No they are not an option, but being completly honest im not sure many/any would choose them with all the technology and performance in the bio and bio+ line

Going to be very interesting to see what everyone chooses for thier set ups. Are the Amp Cell Pro irons an option this year or no?

Kaaaaboom!

Well, I'm settled.

Bio Cell Driver - 6Q3 Stiff
Bio Cell FWY - 5/7w - 6Q3 ***
Bio Cell Hybo - 3/4 and 4/5 - Stock Stiff
Bio Cell Irons - 6-AW, SW - KBS Tour R+
Tour Trusty - 56.12/60.06 - KBS Tour S
SeeMore X3 385g 38" Counterbalance

So, also, my mind is racing about Cobra goodies. WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!??!?!??

First Bridgestone now Cobra! Awww yeah!

Let the speculations begin

I'm not even gonna try. I know I won't be anywhere near right no matter what I guess.

Bet it blows you away, regardless of what it is.

Another amazing rumor, I can't wait to see what Cobra has in store for you staffers.

Well, I'm settled.

Bio Cell Driver - 6Q3 Stiff
Bio Cell FWY - 5/7w - 6Q3 ***
Bio Cell Hybo - 3/4 and 4/5 - Stock Stiff
Bio Cell Irons - 6-AW, SW - KBS Tour R+
Tour Trusty - 56.12/60.06 - KBS Tour S
SeeMore X3 385g 38" Counterbalance

***'s are bc I will decide the flex today, will either be S or X depending on what I see flight wise today when I try the S in my 5w.
I really like this James! Shaft choices have me very interested! Play what you know bro

Hey cobra guys, just saw this on twitter last night. Bet you a few THPers could get some questions answered!

Yep, they were quick and answered some of mine already.

Hey cobra guys, just saw this on twitter last night. Bet you a few THPers could get some questions answered!

I love that, although my mind is pretty set I'm interested in this driver a bit, I'm seeking one out to hit as soon as I can.

Its an interesting driver, and im sure the implicitly of the setting coild be good. However, I have become spoiled and love options on drivers these days.

Bio Cells only and that's not a bad thing.

I had to postpone my fitting and did some self analysis and love the pxi bio cell combo from a feel perspective. No number s though. My partner keeps pushing me towards the plus....

Can't wait to see what Cobra has in store for us....

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

What an amazing day! So much Morgan Cup/Cobra prep!

The morning started off with a trip to Golftec/Golfsmith for my Cobra driver fitting. I came into this fitting with an idea of what I wanted but still wanted to try all of the options. After warming up, I was first handed the Bio Cell driver with the stock PXv shaft and stared swinging away. I noticed right away that I was having a really hard time controlling this set up. It felt a little too whippy. So the fitter put the Red Tie shaft in and I went back to trying to groove this driver. My spin rates were still pretty high though. The fitter decided that we had seen enough of the Bio Cell and handed me the Bio Cell + with the Red Tie....and BOOM! It felt amazing! I was able to swing easy and put the ball out to 265 and in the general area of where the fairway should be. My dispersion was so much tighter as well. I didn't even need to hit the S+, this was the perfect set up.

I had finally decided on one piece of equipment for my bag. I was anxiously waiting for 1pm to come...that's when my iron fitting was scheduled for at Club Champion in Willowbrook, IL. First, let me say that the guys at Club Champion were AMAZING! Dave was such a huge help. I had never really gone through a fitting like this. He pulled no punches and was really helpful in my decision making process......or lack there of as you'll read :alien: I filled out a form with my info and grabbed my clubs from the car, then Dave carried my clubs to the hitting bay. After discussing why I was there, Dave had me warm up with my current 6i. I had some questions and concerns about the setup of my TMaG CBs so we looked at my numbers and Dave said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. The shaft setup was perfect and my smash was around 1.34. The only issue he could potentially see was that my launch was a little high. He took the club and took it down 1.5* and handed it back to me. Suddenly my launch was perfect and good shots followed. Don't worry Hawk, I still have the AP1s and fully intend on gaming those....the CBs were what I had in the bag from last night. Now it was Bio Cell time. I had hit the Bio Cell with the S300, but that was about it. I came in knowing that the PXi felt pretty good, but wanted some tangible evidence to back it up. Dave first handed me a Bio cell 6i with the KBS Tour shaft in a stiff. It felt "ok" but I wasn't in love with it. Dave then went to the wall of shafts (Probably the coolest thing I've ever seen, BTW). What happened next was far beyond my wildest dreams.

I took my first swing and absolutely HAMMERED the ball. I knew it felt good, but had no idea it was THAT good. Honestly, I didn't know how good it was until Dave commented on it. My smash factor was 1.48 and Dave told me that was above tour average. The ball also carried 195....with a 6i. I'm not a huge hitter, so I was kind of blown away by this. The best part about this was that I wasn't even swinging hard. I continued to hit balls and continued with the same results. Even on my mishits, my efficiency was still in the high 1.4s. Dave then handed me the Bio Cell + with the same 6.0 PXi shaft and I only needed two swings to for both Dave and I to know that I need look no further than the Bio Cell with the 6.0 PXi shaft.

I hit a couple of shots off the lie board and was still amazed at how well I was striking the ball...even off the lie board I was hammering the ball. I was really shocked at the performance of this club set up. Looks like those Cobra guys know their stuff :act-up:. As of late, I had been fit at +1/2 and 1 or 2* upright. But with the Bio Cells, the best set up for me was standard 37.5 length and standard length. I had also been playing a D2 swingweight, but the Bio Cell setup was D6. So much info....my brain was spinning! I couldn't wait to tell my fellow Hackers about my bag set up. I also couldn't wait to get home and start tinkering with my current clubs.

This entire journey has been amazing. Every time I think I've got my head wrapped around it, the experience gets better. Too make the fitting even better, the other fitter Torey was standing at the counter and said, "Did I hear you say Hackers Paradise?" I replied with a "yes" and he proceeded to tell me that Coers was just in not too long ago getting fit. I then told him that I was getting my fitting for the Morgan Cup and he congratulated me on being selected and started telling Dave about the event. This is the 3rd time I've hit golf clubs and brought up the Morgan Cup only to find that there was someone within ear's shot who knew what it was. Not too long ago, I didn't really understand that gravity of this event. but the more time goes on, the bigger I realize it is.

Here's the tweet I posted of my last shot with the Bio Cell. Spin numbers are really low because I hit it off of the lie board.

Sounds awesome Adam! Smash factor indeed man!

JM

Looking forward to going through the process myself in a couple weeks! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an awesome fitting, Adam, and I'm sure it feels good having some gear nailed down. Thanks for sharing.

That is a stout 6 iron. Glad the fitting was beyond your expectations.

Sounds like an awesome experience! Nice write up too! So jealous

Talk about awesome. Glad you know what your bag setup will be. Always great getting a quality fitting!

#1Chain #SmashFactor

Glad you're on #TeamHackers, buddy. That is some yardage that'd make Bubba tip his visor. Cobra sure put some work into their choices for you guys!

Big big 6 iron right there

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Adam sounds like an excellent experience.

Back