Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4 at The Brute in lake geneva. 180 par 3 into the breeze hit a choked hybrid to here

esu3ypev.jpg

e2e7e2ug.jpg

Drive on 18. 373 yard par 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drained a 35 foot putt for bird.

Had 2 rounds today, so that warrants 2 additions to the thread:

First round: Actually 2 shots on a hole. 465 yard par 4, dead into the wind. Hit a beautiful draw with the driver (an amazing rarity for me that I'm hoping I can do consistently now. Ended up 180 out and took a nice drawing 4 iron to pin high. Missed the putt but par was a great score and it was indicative of my day.

Second round: One hole was just stellar. 489 yard par 5, smashed a driver to end up about 180 out. Hit a nice 8 iron and got a great bounce on the green and ended up 6 feet from the pin. Nailed the eagle putt too!

Had 2 rounds today, so that warrants 2 additions to the thread:

First round: Actually 2 shots on a hole. 465 yard par 4, dead into the wind. Hit a beautiful draw with the driver (an amazing rarity for me that I'm hoping I can do consistently now. Ended up 180 out and took a nice drawing 4 iron to pin high. Missed the putt but par was a great score and it was indicative of my day.

Second round: One hole was just stellar. 489 yard par 5, smashed a driver to end up about 180 out. Hit a nice 8 iron and got a great bounce on the green and ended up 6 feet from the pin. Nailed the eagle putt too!
Nothing better than making an EAGLE putt!! Great job Tyler!

Most satisfying was probably an uphill 6 iron from 162. Left side of the green pin-high and about 15 feet. Tough hole for me at times, so anything on the green makes me happy. Getting a makeable putt is even better. I missed the putt of course.

Chipped in on #15 for birdie, my only bird of the day.

Honorable mention to the downhill drive that finally settled at 410yds from the tee. Longest drive of my life by far.

With the wind, 250 yard hybrid to front edge of green on a long par 5.
2 putt bird.

58* from 86 yards to a foot and a half.

I hit my best long shot in 2 years today on a 510 yard par 5. A bad tee shot left me under a tree and I took my medicine and punched out 30 yards to the fairway. I had 238 yards left uphill into a 15-20 mph wind in my face with 4 bunkers guarding the green. Hit an angry Callaway 2Deep that just cleared the bunker and finished 20 feet from the hole. Missed the putt but it was a great par.

50 degree from 130 yards out of a fairway bunker, over a tree to about 15 feet from the hole. The fact that I missed the birdie putt did not diminish my pleasure with that approach shot.

Downhill par 4, 410 yards with a tight landing area before a downhill funnel by the 150 marker. One bounced my tee shot off the cart path after the landing area, then it rolled out and I ended up with a 20 yard chip shot in. Only made a par.

120 yards. pitching wedge to 6 inches. the pitch mark was almost touching the hole... tap-in birdie :)

Best shot was on my final hole number 9 today. I hit a 6 iron from 185 yards away and stuck it to 10 ft after 1 hop. Burned the edge of the cup for birdie andjust tapped in for par to finish my round. My iron game was solid today just didn't make putts when I needed to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4I to 3ft on a 220 pin into a slight breeze. Granted, it was a re tee and my third shot. Bogey still felt pretty good.

Followed that to the Par 4 ~18th tee box standing at -1 for the back nine. After some head games and pressure banter from Kang, grabbed the driver and put it in the middle of the fairway over a very tall tree 60 ft from the pin. Had a shot at bird, but made par to stay ~1.

Last edited:
This is a tough one today, because I had two that I really liked. I hit a pitching wedge on a 135-yard par-3 to about 5 feet and dropped the putt. But on the par-5 9th hole, I hit my drive right and didn't have a shot at the green from about 200 out, so I had to lay up out to the left. Hit a 7-iron and had maybe 40 yards, over a bunker, to the hole. hit a nice pitch shot that stuck to about 3 feet and made the birdie putt. Even though the par-3 was a longer shot, something about hitting a pitch that close is almost more exciting to me for some reason.

165, strong right to left wind. Trees block me from going to far to the right to compensate for the wind. Hit the shot, ball just misses edge of trees, curls around, lands pin high on the left side of the green. Could not have hit it any more perfect.

~Rock

I would say mine was the 9i I hit from behind trees that I drew about 40ft to finish just short of the green. Unfortunately I couldn't risk an 8i as I had to get the ball up and over smaller trees as I managed to put my tee shot behind the tallest one

And to top it off I chipped on and saved par as well

I had an interesting shot/scary moment the other day.

Par 5,that doglegs left, I hit it just past the 200 yard mark, not far enough to the right to get a good shot at the green.

I figured I'll lay it up right and give myself a 60 yard shot to the green.

I thought, man if I could hit a draw I could smoke it and get on the green in two.

The scary part was there was two golfers on the green, I wasn't aiming at it, and felt like I was going to be short so I grabbed the 4h and hit.

And I hit it harder then I thought and then it started turning left and I watched it, then I realized it was going right at the green, then I realized there was people on the green, it landed right when I was about to yell, it was 20 yards short of the green, but I felt bad.

I hurried up to apologize but they left the green before I got there and drove off.

I think I got par but it was was to close for my comfort level. Was a nice shot, just not what I intended to do.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Best shot was on my nemesis hole. Uphill par 3 playing 195. 4 wood started high left and landed softly about 3 feet away from the ball mark (course is very wet). I was able to 2 putt for par which i do not do very often on the hole.

This weekend I ended up with the nastiest fried egg lie I've ever seen. The top of the ball was about a half inch below the top of the sand! The guys I got paired with looked at it and both agreed that they would have had zero idea how to get the ball out, especially with the 5 foot lip I had to clear. Played it toe down and got out, it wasn't pretty but it got out.

I had a few I can't choose between.

Played competition, so there's two competing teams and the home-team on the tee-box. And sometimes there's a few people from the homecourse looking too.

The first drive of the day was scary: three teams watching and another 20-odd people, so that's close to 40. Luckily I hit a near-perfect drive: about 245 meters and middle of the fairway.
After lunch it was almost the same scenario, though with just over 25 people. Another great drive, a little further, but also a bit more to the right.

Had a chip in on the third hole in the morning that brought us 2up. From a distance I hate (24 meters), uphill onto a slope to the right and rolling to a break to the left. It just was perfect :)

110 yard PW uphill

a9yzybu4.jpg

Tap in birdie

On saturday, i hit a fairway bunker around 215 yards out. pulled my tight lies 7 wood out of the bag and put it about 5 yards off the green. i was pretty pumped about that shot, as i havent had much practice with fairway bunkers thankfully and had never not been able to ground that specific club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back