THP Live Coverage - TaylorMade SLDR S Metalwoods & SLDR Irons Launch

3aganeby.jpg

McCord in the house

I was trying to figure out what was on his leg, then realized it was a chair in front of him.

Thanks so much for the updates GG and Dean. Another fantastic event by TaylorMade. Sounds like the SLDR irons are going to get some serious attention.

Morgan, I see the heaters going, is it as cold as when we were there? Haha

I was trying to figure out what was on his leg, then realized it was a chair in front of him.

Was trying to figure out the exact same thing.. Bionic Man... :D

What a stellar day! Awesome GG and Ddec. Great coverage and thanks for bringing all of it to us.

JM

Loved all the coverage all day. Thanks Morgan and Dean. What a day!

YES! So cold! Dean keeps kicking himself for not bringing his jacket.

Rookie mistake. Damn tricky San Diego.

But man La Costa is just SOOOOO nice.

Rookie mistake. Damn tricky San Diego.

But man La Costa is just SOOOOO nice.

Don't let her fool you. I am good right now.

Well I'd hope so, you're in Cali!

There are 2 guys from upstate NY here. Both of us are still wearing short sleeves haha

Interesting, Gary says the two most important parts of the game are approach shots 1, then driving 2. Then it's short game and lastly putting.

I bet McCord is a great speaker!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Gary just said if you can hit it 20 yards farther than you can take 2.3 strokes off your game. He keeps reiterating the importance of distance.

Oh good, I wasn't the only person just now.

Interesting, Gary says the two most important parts of the game are approach shots 1, then driving 2. Then it's short game and lastly putting.

I believe it in a heartbeat. If I was playing with a tour player and they could hit one shot for me a hole, darn right I'd want them hitting the approach shots.

Just ran through your outstanding updates. Thank you!

Tour players used to be some of the last to change equipment. Now they are some of the first.

Gary just said if you can hit it 20 yards farther than you can take 2.3 strokes off your game. He keeps reiterating the importance of distance.

I guess if you hit it 20 yards farther you would be hitting a couple clubs shorter into the green allowing more control

McCord not a fan of the USGA and the ban on anchored putters. Talking about bifurcation and the tours, here is the quote of the night. Talking about the champions tour.

"I've got old men going out there and are dying and basically the USGA is telling them to fail"

He is. He told a funny story about JB Holmes. He is the reason he changed his name to JB instead of just John.

A wise career move on JB's part. Could you imagine the ribbing he would take on tour if he opted to go by John!

He will be very impressed if TW breaks the record. Needs to have Phil's career vs the kids these days.

Back