Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Indian Wells Celebrity course yesterday. #12 is a short par 4 drivable from all tees, tip is 258, next box up is 248, I drove it to about 10yds off the green, walked up and felt I was going to chip this one in, pin was up front, sure enough chipped it on the green about 2yds and it rolled right in for eagle. Haven't had one for awhile so it felt good even if on a short hole.

We we played this course for our second round of the day, teed off at 5:30, finished the front as a foursome in 1:10, made the turn and got to 16 before it got dark. I was determined to get all 18 in, so I played speed golf the last 2 holes. The other 3 watched while I hit, couldn't see a thing lol. Hit a great drive on 17, had about 135 left, ended up about 10ft below the hole, 2 putt. 18 hit 3w felt great but no one saw it, found it right side of fairway, 145 out, 7i to back of green, 2 putt par. I really wish I could have played those holes with some light as I couldn't see any of the green to read breaks and just walked from the hole to the ball to try and feel the ground. Ended up finishing the round at 7:45, so we played almost 18 as a foursome in 2:15, nice pace :).

Played nine holes league play tonight:

Two (for me) great shots:

1) 8th hole: drive ended up slightly behind a large tree. I deliberately curved a 5 wood around the tree to get to 100 yards with my 2nd shot. Kept my head down & smoothed a good out-to-in with the face slightly open at set-up - which resulted in a nice 20 yard fade.

2) 9th hole: is a 188 yard par 3 - all carry over a pond and a big bunker with a raised back lip guarding the front of the green. Since it was getting cold & damp, I figured the ball wouldn't carry, so I hit a choked down 3 wood & put it on the green! (and then 3-putted...crap!)

When the best shot of your day is a chutt......

Or is that for the rant thread?

110 yard PW uphill

a9yzybu4.jpg

Tap in birdie
Hell yeah Dev!
When the best shot of your day is a chutt......

Or is that for the rant thread?

Doesnt matter how the ball gets there, just as long as it does. No pictures on the scorecard dude.

Eagle!!! Combination of 3 great shots... Drive split the bunkers nice slight draw, followed by a towering 7 iron with a slight draw just left of the big tree guarding the green on the 16th at Stoneybrook, followed by the 5 ft putt little break and just enough steam to fall into the cup..
First eagle of the year!!

Hell yeah Dev!

Doesnt matter how the ball gets there, just as long as it does. No pictures on the scorecard dude.

"I hope you like tap in birdies"... Haha two can play that game my friend.

I typically just draw a stickfigure.

With a weenis. Of course.

I hit a 54 from 101 to a foot today, I'm getting there with the scoring clubs.

With a weenis. Of course.

I hit a 54 from 101 to a foot today, I'm getting there with the scoring clubs.

Nice! On the weenis joke and the shot!

My 54* was back in top form for me in #TheKing. That 100ish yard shot with a 54* played a bit back in my stance could be my favorite shot to hit in golf.

Nice! On the weenis joke and the shot!

My 54* was back in top form for me in #TheKing. That 100ish yard shot with a 54* played a bit back in my stance could be my favorite shot to hit in golf.

I'm getting comfortable with it again, when I stopped trying to hit full swings with my wedges and realized I didn't need to hit 106 yard 58's just because I could, I had to refocus myself with the wedges. Its starting to pay off big though, slowly.

I'm getting comfortable with it again, when I stopped trying to hit full swings with my wedges and realized I didn't need to hit 106 yard 58's just because I could, I had to refocus myself with the wedges. Its starting to pay off big though, slowly.

Same here dude.

I had to remind myself what I was trying to do by swinging out of my shoes with a mid-wedge.

Eagle!!! Combination of 3 great shots... Drive split the bunkers nice slight draw, followed by a towering 7 iron with a slight draw just left of the big tree guarding the green on the 16th at Stoneybrook, followed by the 5 ft putt little break and just enough steam to fall into the cup..
First eagle of the year!!

Way to go!

My best immediately followed my worst. I miss badly to the right on a dogleg left par 4, leaving me 229 to the pin into the wind. Hit a 1h to 25ft and sunk the birdie putt.

First hole of my 9 hole round yesterday with no warmup and straight into a 10-15mph wind I hit a 328yd bomb right down the middle. Ended up with a two putt birdie on the par 5.

Closest I've come to hitting a par 5 in 2 today! Tee box was up a bit and #9 sets up perfectly for my fade. I hit a great drive and new I had a chance to go for it. I was left with 170 to the middle into the wind a bit. Hit 6 iron.

na4uhe4u.jpg

Awkward putt from the fringe as the ball was close to the rough. Tap in birdie is still a great way to end a round!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Best Shot Of Your Round

Wasn't me but a guy the next hole over got a hole in one from 150. First one I've seen on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longest par 4 on the course, had 225 left to the pin with the wind a little behind me and the green significantly downhill from where I was standing, so I couldn't see the green or the top of the flagstick. Hit a 23 degree hybrid to pin high, 30 feet to the right of the hole. I'm hitting the green maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10 in that scenario, so to make an easy par was really nice on that hole.

Crosswind 7 iron from 160 that actually hit the green and gave me a 20 footer. Not my closest shot of the day, but the one I was happiest with.

156 yard par 3 into a 28 mph wind Sunday. I actually hit a 5 hybrid that came in high and stayed on the pin all the way. Stuck 10 ft below the hole and hopped back out of its divorce. Made the birdie putt!

HTC M8

Stupid wind. It's been ridiculous.

Yes sir. Today was great, of course!

HTC M8

Went out for 9 after work to Longwood in NW Houston, never seen the course before just closest to where I'm working now. Played the Pine side got to #8 a par 5 playing just under 490 blowing downwind left to right hit a drive that cleared the tree line left and faded right back to middle and ended left fairway 161 after cutting the dogleg, so now the wind is in hit 7 iron to 6 feet and dropped the eagle putt. Ended up with a 39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back