What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swing was pretty good. Minus one terrible double on a par 5.

Swing was pretty good. Minus one terrible double on a par 5.

Hate doubles on par 5's. Now worries man, learn from it and birdie it next time

Played 27 again today. First 18 was 43, 37 = 80. Got off to a really bad start. I think I was 5 over after 4 holes. I'm not sure why I'm starting so slow. I had a great warm up on the range, and was hitting the ball sweet. Came to the first tee feeling great. Parred the first hole and then went double, double, bogey on the next tree. Settled down after that and played pretty well.

The last nine my buddy and I played a Chapman. This weekend is our Member/Member tournament and one of the nines is that format, so, we thought we'd get in a little tune up. We were 2 under on that with 3 birdies and 1 bogey (1st hole lip out). I've got another lesson coming up and lots of range time before the big weekend.

Hate doubles on par 5's. Now worries man, learn from it and birdie it next time

Dumb tee shot and then a pretty big debacle getting to the green. I was just glad not to have let it kill the round. Those are hard ones to stomach.

Snuck out after work today for 9 with a coworker. Shot a 40. Driver was a little off for the first 2 drives but then hit 2 280+ drives right down the shoot. No birdies at all. Missed a 30 ft putt for eagle then missed the 5 footer for bird. Some encouraging signs. It's taking some getting used too the new 2 piece ball compared to the 5 piece around the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong thread

Last edited:
Played 27 again today. First 18 was 43, 37 = 80. Got off to a really bad start. I think I was 5 over after 4 holes. I'm not sure why I'm starting so slow. I had a great warm up on the range, and was hitting the ball sweet. Came to the first tee feeling great. Parred the first hole and then went double, double, bogey on the next tree. Settled down after that and played pretty well.

The last nine my buddy and I played a Chapman. This weekend is our Member/Member tournament and one of the nines is that format, so, we thought we'd get in a little tune up. We were 2 under on that with 3 birdies and 1 bogey (1st hole lip out). I've got another lesson coming up and lots of range time before the big weekend.

Solid recovery on the back 9!

Some great rounds in here the last couple of days.

Proud of you Rickster! That's a huge accomplishment and I am proud of you. Keep up the hard work.

I will be refraining from posting in here for awhile. If I do people will start to think I am sandbagging, and I wish I were.

Nice round after a rough start, Ken.

I played 9 after work. Shot 36 even with 2 bogeys, 2 birdies, and 5 pars. Hit the ball pretty well for the most part. Putting was solid--didn't make any long ones, but made all the putts I should.

41 Front with 2 double bogies and a bogey
35 Back with a 1 double bogey and 3 birdies
So I ended up with a 76
Boy Oh Boy did those doubles cost me!
Was a great day though, the weather was nice and the Course Conditions were very good. And played with good people, so, all in all really enjoyed myself.

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

Check out Cypresswood.com for your next outing in the Houston, Tx area!

What did you shoot today?

A Jekyll and Hyde 9 today. Started off with a birdie and a par. Through five I was three over with a 22 (4,3,5,5,5). The last four holes I shot a 28 (8,7,6,7) for a 50. Oy vey! So I know I can hang, I just need to persist. Still working out kinks with my swing, and my driver failed me on the last four holes. Had 20 putts (three jacks on three of the last four holes), no penalties, no sand shots, but I did have to punch out of a hazard once. Not pleased with the score, but pleased with the knowledge that if I can stay consistent, I have game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

96 - 49/47. Not a single par or better to be had (missed all of my par putts, and even my one birdie opportunity was squandered into a 3-putt). Been struggling with hosel rockets through the bag real bad to start the year, so even though I don't love the final score (I'm usually about 5-7 strokes lower at this course), I came away happy. Really had a great time playing for the first time in a while, since I wasn't trying to figure out how to make contact with the ball. The aerated greens were probably good for 3 or so strokes - had a few putts just die on patches of sand. Was driving relatively straight all day as well, but was just giving up too many strokes around the green. Pitches and half wedge are still in my head. Always something to work on!

was a sub in a 9 hole league tonight, hit 7 out of 8 fairways and hit the one par 3, did not putt well, shot 38-2 over par

shot a 91 on the back tees at Hawaii Prince Golf Club. That was actually pretty good for playing from the back with longer distances that I wasn't comfortable with on my home course with windy conditions. Had two birdies on the back to kind of save the round. Always great to finish with a birdie!

Shot 77 at Salinas Fairways GC. It's a fairly challenging par 72 with 3 long 220 yard pad 3s and some tiny greens. I was striking the ball great today it's just I didn't have my yardages dialed in.....On many holes I was either 10 yards long or 5 yards short and on the fringe but the flatstick was rolling today and I avoided a 3 putt all day long. I can't say enough about my ball striking. I know alot of it has to do with the premium Adams equipment I game but lately I've just been stroking it effortlessly. Own the second shot!!!!!

Played in a 9-hole work league last Thursday. Shot a +2, 37. Should have been a 33 or better. Missed a 5' birdie putt on #2, 3-putted from 12' on 3 for bogie, and missed another 5' birdie putt on #4. But it was a solid ball striking day so I can't be too upset.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Played 9 holes before work this morning. Ended up shooting a 44 with 15 putts (par is 35), which is a personal best for me on the front nine.

Where did the extra nine shots come from:

Two fatted approaches/chips (one at 88 yards the other at 63 yards) on the first hole. Double bogey is not how you want to start, but I absolutely CRUSHED my drive.

Par on hole two.

Just short of the green on hole three (missed approach shot) so I had to chip on and then two putt.

Was just short of the green on my last approach on hole 4 (it is a par 5). I just babied it too much.

Par on hole 5 (although I was way off on my drive/approach, it was a 168 yard par 3 today). Chipped up onto the green and it rolled off about two feet, then I chipped in after that.

Bogey on hole 6 (long par 4). I wrote bad drive on my score card, but really it was just a mental error because my drive had just a slight draw off my line (maybe 5-10 yards). I just picked a bad line for how far I have started driving the ball lately- the ball left the fairway and into some trees.

Bogey on hole 7 (another par 3), missed my drive to the left. Chipped on and two putted.

Double bogey on hole 8 (par 5). Bad drive (skyed it), and then missed my approach. Just a bad hole.

Bogey on hole nine (Par 3). Misjudged the wind on my approach and left it short. Had to chip on and then two putted.

So I went double, PAR, bogey, bogey, PAR, bogey, bogey, double, bogey.

I feel like I am getting there.

Take that 44 and savor it a bit dude! Think of the good things you did to get there. Nice round.

Take that 44 and savor it a bit dude! Think of the good things you did to get there. Nice round.

Believe me, I am savoring it BIG TIME!

A couple of small changes have recently helped my scores:

SWING-WISE:
- supporting the club more with my right wrist (I am left handed)
- really trying to get a good hip turn and leading with the hips
- not over-swinging and just trusting the shot

MANAGEMENT-WISE:
- the pitching wedge and 7 iron can be my very good friends inside of 50 yards if I have some green to work with. I don't have to use a 60 deg. lob wedge for every shot inside of 60 yards that isn't on the green
- play my miss. Lining up my shot so that if all goes according to plan I will be in a good spot, but if I get my "standard" miss I will still be okay and in play

41/38 79 (+7) - 5th straight round in the 70s for me, which is a new personal record

Ball striking was off on the front so I really had to work hard for that 41. Ball striking was a bit better on the back 9.

30 putts with one 3-putt.

41/38 79 (+7) - 5th straight round in the 70s for me, which is a new personal record

Ball striking was off on the front so I really had to work hard for that 41. Ball striking was a bit better on the back 9.

30 putts with one 3-putt.

Nice work dude. That's an impressive personal record.

Nice streak ya got going there Mr Lukes

Thanks Mike. Definitely playing some good golf, but I'm still leaving a lot of strokes on the course. I didn't hit a fairway on the front 9 today. Lord I was born a scramblin man

Thanks Mike. Definitely playing some good golf, but I'm still leaving a lot of strokes on the course. I didn't hit a fairway on the front 9 today. Lord I was born a scramblin man

You will have days like that, and its days like that were the short game will either save you or make it twice as disasterous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back