What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, competition:

18 in the morning. Matchplay, alternating shots. Played fairly well, my partner is a 14-cap, I'm 11.1. We played a 11 and 16-capper. The 16-guy was hitting crazy good 4&5 irons all day long: 200m (220yards I'm guessing) straight and superb flight. We did win, on the 18th by 1.

18 in the afternoon, had to play a 12-capper. No handicap, so same amount of shots. Won 7&5 :)

Drives where good all day long, chipping and putting was good too.

Great job!

Yesterday I got out early for a morning morning at a course I hadn't played in over a year, Buena Vista, a tight track that features plenty of fairway bunkers.

The pace was sluggish (stuck behind 5 foursomes) and because of the recent deluge of rain the course was a bit soggy. Couldn't get into a groove the entire day...just felt off. Shot a 96 and I'm pretty bummed about it...couldn't put together a decent hole until the back 9...and those were few and far between.

I'm quite frustrated with myself because I know that I have more game than what I displayed. Range session scheduled after work...might call my instructor and see if he can come take a look.

Shot 78 today, 38/40. Was not really striking the ball as well as I would have liked but it was going where I wanted the majority of the time. Hit 13/18 GIR, BUT.... I had 37 putts!!!! For a second there I thought this would be my first par/sub par round ever, it just got away from me a little bit. Regardless, I am happy to be below 80 anytime.

A PB today of 42 today at my club, slope 128. I played with my brother in law and simply did everything a little better than usual. No lost balls, no penalties, not a whole lot of mis hits. Just a solid all around game for me, with my short game and putting very good.

What I liked most about it was it wasn't some miraculous round where I was playing out of my mind. I just hit the shots and didn't have any blow up holes or lost balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A PB today of 42 today at my club, slope 128. I played with my brother in law and simply did everything a little better than usual. No lost balls, no penalties, not a whole lot of mis hits. Just a solid all around game for me, with my short game and putting very good.

What I liked most about it was it wasn't some miraculous round where I was playing out of my mind. I just hit the shots and didn't have any blow up holes or lost balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the 9 hole PB!

I shot 78 yesterday, no birdies and 12 pars. Putted great, but limped home on each 9. i was a combined +5 on the last 3 holes of each 9. That was a little frustrating.

I played a horrible 43/45 - 88 yesterday with 6 GIR, 7 FIR & 38 putts, I don't know what is up but my Iron play has left me and when I managed to hit a good Iron shot I would screw up the putt, and my HCP has risen to 8.9 after 4 rounds this year I hope it's just rust but I need to get this figured out soon.....

PB 9 holes. Even par 35. Course is only around 6200 and not very hard but it was definitely encouraging. 7/7 FIR. 3/9 GIR. 15 putts. First time I have ever carried my bag. That may sound silly but it's a huge deal for me.

That deserves a pat on the back. Good job Ricky!

Par is par. Great job Ricky!

Finally got my 2nd round of the year in today and shot an 87 (41,46). It was fun to witness MillerTime's great round!

Make sure sandy miller posts his good round lol sorry josh could not resist

Impressive Ricky! Glad to see hard work is paying off.....keep that work going

PB 9 holes. Even par 35. Course is only around 6200 and not very hard but it was definitely encouraging. 7/7 FIR. 3/9 GIR. 15 putts. First time I have ever carried my bag. That may sound silly but it's a huge deal for me.

Ricky i'm really happy for you buddy! i have really enjoyed your journey so far with lessons and all the work you're putting in to get ready for THPMC as if team THP wasn't stacked already seeing you shoot well already is awesome and carrying your own bag is a huge deal i think i play better when i carry but i'm usually lazy. Its good because it gives you time between shots something you'll prob have plenty of at the MC unfortunately. slow the game down a bit isn't always a bad thing

Great work!

#doworkteamthphashthingy

Took the day off from work and played in a men's club outing, shotgun start, play your own ball and putt out (its been a long time since no gimmies, even tap-ins). Its nice to play at a country club (man if I had the money!)
46 38 84.....front 9 is brutally hard with 3 doubles....struck the ball well all day....I really feel like Im close to going on a good run

Walked 9 holes today to test out the new stand bag and shot an even par 36! 1 birdie, 1 bogey, and 15 putts. This was perhaps the cleanest round I've ever played. 4/7 FIR and 6/9 GIR with two up n downs. Made some clutch putts and the stroked it great all round. Really happy with today. I knew this was coming soon. Now gotta keep it going!

IB5514.png

Team THP is looking sweet. Congrats, Dev!

+4 40. 4 6 bogeys one eagle two pars. Silly mistakes prevented going low...

Shot 83 today, 40/43. Making the turn in 40, I was thinking today I would break 80 (didn't add up the score, but knew where I was). Shooting three worse on the back when I usually shoot one to three better was disappointing. Jacqui shot 90!

On a side note, I am up to 131 holes with the same MaxFli Fire ball.

Dev, that's awesome! Congrats on the new PB.

Hell yeah Dev! Even par on any course is a great score! Happy for you bud!

+4 40. 4 6 bogeys one eagle two pars. Silly mistakes prevented going low...

Still a solid round, man. Sounds like there were lots of positives. You are definitely close.

Decided to play at 6300+ yards today (usually play 6000) and shot 50/45 for 95.

Dev, Crazy man! Little jealous, but happy as heck for ya going full-on into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back