Ugh. My daughter had a sleepover at her friend's house on Saturday night, and they pulled an all nighter. Yesterday she was miserable, and was very cranky while visiting with family, to the point where she was crying in another room because we woke her up so she could eat dinner. She put herself to bed 2 hours earlier, but took a shot at my wife and I beforehand about how we're horrible parents and all her friends know we're horrible. I brushed it off, figuring she was just not herself due to her crazy sleep schedule, but this morning my wife is still very upset about it. I told her she was just being mouthy, and then my daughter didn't help matters by continuing to be mouthy to my wife this morning AGAIN.

Ah, the joys of teenagers.

Parenting tip of the day:

When chasing your three-year-old daughter through a play scape designed for five-year-olds remember to duck your head. I may have a minor concussion but at least my daughter laughed.

When chasing your three-year-old daughter through a play scape designed for five-year-olds remember to duck your head. I may have a minor concussion but at least my daughter laughed.

Hahahaha. Ive been there! On the flip side, if you crouch down for too long, it hard to stand back up!

You had to duck? :wink:

My son was playing in the other room earlier, then I heard the freezer door open, then shut. After a few minutes of quietness, I walked in to the kitchen. There on the floor he sat, eating an ice cream sandwich. I asked him what he was doing and he pointed to the freezer and said, "Dad, Dad." This was his attempt to tell me to look in the freezer, apparently. So, opened the freezer and I see two of his plastic dinosaurs... I assume as a trade for the ice cream sandwich.

Apparently for almost 2 year olds, toy Dinosaurs are some form of currency.

Little dude cracks me up.

My son was playing in the other room earlier, then I heard the freezer door open, then shut. After a few minutes of quietness, I walked in to the kitchen. There on the floor he sat, eating an ice cream sandwich. I asked him what he was doing and he pointed to the freezer and said, "Dad, Dad." This was his attempt to tell me to look in the freezer, apparently. So, opened the freezer and I see two of his plastic dinosaurs... I assume as a trade for the ice cream sandwich.

He is brilliant. He had it all worked out in his head, I think he's on to something.

He is brilliant. He had it all worked out in his head, I think he's on to something.

I shall now buy groceries with toy dinosaurs.

That's awesome. Seems like a fair trade too.

That's awesome. Seems like a fair trade too.

It was a brontosaurus and a triceratops. Had he thrown in a t-rex I would have considered it a fair trade.

I completely forgot my daughter had an orthodontist appointment this morning! My phone reminders have been hit or miss, I didn't get one but as I was driving by her ortho I remembered and scrambled to sign her out of school and get here on time.

It worked out well - her first class was band, where she learned that she's one of a few kids who were asked to march with the high school band next year while still in middle school. She's been anxious to find out, and if I remembered her appointment, she wouldn't know about it until Friday. So yeah, score one for my bad memory!!!

Loves her fish tank in her room. Two fish so far, Rocks and Flower. Another fish later this week, Bubble. And a snail, yet to be named.
udu4ybyn.jpg

Loves her fish tank in her room. Two fish so far, Rocks and Flower. Another fish later this week, Bubble. And a snail, yet to be named.
udu4ybyn.jpg
Awesome photo man, thanks for sharing, she looks quite happy!

No worse start to the day than when you are sitting playing with your kid and the song by Darius Rucker "It won't be like this for long" comes on. Instant dust storm. Damn that man!

No worse start to the day than when you are sitting playing with your kid and the song by Darius Rucker "It won't be like this for long" comes on. Instant dust storm. Damn that man!

Man, that's too true. Sometimes I find myself thinking "Man, it'll be nice when you (my kid) can finally do X", then I realize that means they'll stop doing a bunch of other things that I enjoy right now. My kids are growing up too darn fast.

That song came out just after my older son was born, and it got me everytime.

Has anyone had experience with their kids having to get tubes in their ears? My little girl has been having issues lately and the ENT finally said it's time for tubes. He said it's painless and very easy to do but I'm a father with a little girl, so I worry.

That song gets me every time. Real dusty in whatever room I'm in.

It's a pretty easy process dude. They go under for about 20 minutes max, have very little pain afterwards. If she's got some pretty serious ear issues, you should be very happy with results. Our son still got some ear infections after the tube, but it was just a matter of drainage the the pain and pressure. After a while they just went away.

The worst part probably that's some kids react differently to being put under then others. Can make them either goofy or really sad for a short time

How long did it take to snap out of it from the anesthesia?

I think we were on our way home within an hour. He was running around playing right after we got home

Really, the worst part is probably that you will have to use ear plugs for every bath and trip to the pool until the tube come out.

Back