2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got that right. Sure as hell beats being stuck inside and based on what my breathing was doing, it had to be a better workout than the stationary.

Stationary bikes/trainers have their place, thats for sure, as they can really help you build stamina. But the problem I have when I ride my trainer is I get complacent and just do what I "need" to do to feel a burn without getting a real solid workout.

Stationary bikes/trainers have their place, thats for sure, as they can really help you build stamina. But the problem I have when I ride my trainer is I get complacent and just do what I "need" to do to feel a burn without getting a real solid workout.

It's a very difficult thing to do. My stationery has different programs and levels. I always set mine on level 3 and it does intervals. I know the speed at each level I need to be at to get maximum effectiveness. When I get to the point where I am no longer breathing heavy or my heart rate isn't increased as much, I go up a level.

I think that's exactly it. Don't get me wrong either, because I've dropped serious lbs so far using it, but I was sort of forced to thanks to winter. I think the bike and terrain have a bit more control over what you experience rather than controlling it yourself.

I think that's exactly it. Don't get me wrong either, because I've dropped serious lbs so far using it, but I was sort of forced to thanks to winter. I think the bike and terrain have a bit more control over what you experience rather than controlling it yourself.

Its a good workout, whether its on a stationary bike/trainer/real bike. It has helped me a ton over the past year, just love the low impact workout it is on your bones/joints.

I may be a bit of a bike nut now, however.

Its a good workout, whether its on a stationary bike/trainer/real bike. It has helped me a ton over the past year, just love the low impact workout it is on your bones/joints.

I may be a bit of a bike nut now, however.

Knees sort of dictate what I can and can't do, so I had to go this route. I was a runner, but no more unfortunately.

Knees sort of dictate what I can and can't do, so I had to go this route. I was a runner, but no more unfortunately.

I hate running.

I'm with you. Running makes me die a little inside.

I dont see how my wife does it. SHe got up this morning and went for a "quick" "5 mile run".

I told her I get tired when I have to drive 5 miles.

I dont see how my wife does it. SHe got up this morning and went for a "quick" "5 mile run".

I told her I get tired when I have to drive 5 miles.

Does she have any idea how many donuts she can eat in that time! She's doing it wrong.

Does she have any idea how many donuts she can eat in that time! She's doing it wrong.

Shes been killing this diet she is on. Rum isnt exactly Paleo, but whatever, I'll take what I can get.

Shes been killing this diet she is on. Rum isnt exactly Paleo, but whatever, I'll take what I can get.

The cavemen drank wine. Rum is wine from Cuba. So it's all good.

That's science.

Ground out a mile on the treadmill (6mph felt like a good speed) then walked a mile at a 6* incline. I didn't realize that I would burn more calories walking at an incline than I did running. The mile run went by surprisingly quick, but I imagine I will feel it in my low back tomorrow. No where to go but up. KCM

After a tough weekend, back at it tonight with P90X.

Spent the weekend decorating (painting and wall-papering), shifting wood for the new fence that has been put up in the garden and then 18 holes on the course yesterday so that is my exercise done for a couple days as my back is struggling today with all the bending and lifting

Had a nice shoulder circuit yesterday, probably get some cardio and a quick arm circuit in tonight. Trying to take it a little easy as I've got a few tournaments coming up and I dont want to burn anything out.

Shaved a little time of my 4.2ish mile hill run this morning. Put in 4.23 miles in the hills at a 7:35 pace. Felt pretty good afterwards. Core and back exercises and lots of stretching when I was done. Between the running and the weight reps, I spent right at an hour building a little sweat equity.

That's a real good pace Acuna! Nice work dude.

Weigh in day today and another somewhat surprising result. I'm going to hit my original goal in two weeks barring some major setbacks, which puts me about two months ahead of schedule. Going to push for an additional 10-15lbs under my original goal in those free two months, with more focus on core and lower body strength.

Shaved a little time of my 4.2ish mile hill run this morning. Put in 4.23 miles in the hills at a 7:35 pace. Felt pretty good afterwards. Core and back exercises and lots of stretching when I was done. Between the running and the weight reps, I spent right at an hour building a little sweat equity.

Great news dude. Keep it up.

Minor victory, at least for me. I was away the last 3 days in California for the TM event, so my food choices were severely limited. I ate as healthy as I could considering what was offered, and the big victory, I did not eat 1 single dessert. I even threw away the little chocolates they put on my pillow at turn down service.

Minor victory, at least for me. I was away the last 3 days in California for the TM event, so my food choices were severely limited. I ate as healthy as I could considering what was offered, and the big victory, I did not eat 1 single dessert. I even threw away the little chocolates they put on my pillow at turn down service.

Travel dining is so hard. Nice work GG.

2x2 miles at half marathon pace. 10 days and counting until half #2.

Travel dining is so hard. Nice work GG.

It was so hard! So I had salad for lunch, fish tacos for dinner, eggs and fruit for breakfast, a veggie wrap for lunch and salad for dinner. I skipped all the desserts, all the fried foods, all the pastas (I did take a taste of the butternut squash gnocchi because, which was amazing by the way) and pretty much anything else that was really bad for me. I ate a lot of trail mix as my snack, and breakfast and lunch on the plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back