The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

10330446_10152355358767527_7168624102865655057_n.jpg

Just shared on TB's Facebook this morning. Looks exactly like it did Saturday morning before everyone teed off. Gave me goosebumps.

If you look real close you can see Wake's teeball...oh wait no its zoomed in too far

Just shared on TB's Facebook this morning. Looks exactly like it did Saturday morning before everyone teed off. Gave me goosebumps.

Yup. Goosebumps it is.

The answers so far to this question have been great to read. Different approaches, different frames of mind. While reading through them many have said things like "practice with a purpose". Before your selection to the Morgan Cup, what was the purpose of practicing? I've followed along with many of you through the practice thread, many of you are seeing lower scoring too! What are you plans to break through the frustration and the plateaus as you continue to work hard along your journey to THE ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD?

Good question and sorry for the delay in my response. Being from the Northeast, I need to give myself a few weeks of bad scores to get the rust off. It happens each year. Each year I start out putting up some big numbers for 3 weeks or so and then the swing comes back and I play like I can. The hard part mentally is trusting that it WILL come back. It always does but it doesn't make this stretch suck any less.

The adjustment period for me has been noth frustrating and rewarding. I have made some serious swing changes and body changes in the last 4 months and those dont just work instantly. I think the biggest thing my journey has taught me is patience. Knowing that it is the long term goal that matters and there will be ups and downs along the way that will be equally rewarding in the long run.

The adjustment period for me has been noth frustrating and rewarding. I have made some serious swing changes and body changes in the last 4 months and those dont just work instantly. I think the biggest thing my journey has taught me is patience. Knowing that it is the long term goal that matters and there will be ups and downs along the way that will be equally rewarding in the long run.

Patience. Exactly right

Good question and sorry for the delay in my response. Being from the Northeast, I need to give myself a few weeks of bad scores to get the rust off. It happens each year. Each year I start out putting up some big numbers for 3 weeks or so and then the swing comes back and I play like I can. The hard part mentally is trusting that it WILL come back. It always does but it doesn't make this stretch suck any less.

I guess I need to move to the northeast. Here in Indiana I couldnt shake off the rust and shot bad scores all summer, and then maybe the long car ride to Myrtle Beach made my body just stiff enough that it made the correct swing adjustment and I played out of my mind. Haha.

The answers so far to this question have been great to read. Different approaches, different frames of mind. While reading through them many have said things like "practice with a purpose". Before your selection to the Morgan Cup, what was the purpose of practicing? I've followed along with many of you through the practice thread, many of you are seeing lower scoring too! What are you plans to break through the frustration and the plateaus as you continue to work hard along your journey to THE ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD?

Before the morgan cup there was no real objective. Went to the range to just pound balls. Played rounds more than practiced. Since being selected, everything has changed. Practice more than play. Full swings at tje range have a specific purpose in mind. More short game practice. I would have been thrilled to shoot in the 80s before. Now its not enough. The MC has put higher standards and I intend on not disappointing

I loved seeing the marks in the dew after the first shots, such an amazing moment!

I think I have made some controversial posts about the MC before and this will be no different. I feel strongly about this though so I'm not going to hold back. JB made a post in here about people bitching a few days ago. It was about much more than that but if you read the post you get what he was saying. I might regret this post but such is life. I feel strongly about the family that has been created here and I don't feel bad calling out BS when I see it.

I think some of us have been alienating the rest of the forum lately and it may cause people to hesitate posting in certain threads. If there are threads that I hesitate to post in, I know there are threads that other THPers might hesitate posting in. The Morgan Cup is not what makes this forum what it is. Just because we are all in the MC does not mean we run this forum and others opinions don't matter. Too many times I have seen someone get jumped on because he/she does not own the popular opinion. This event is absolutely amazing but I have said before that the MC encompasses all of THP, not just the competitors.

Many may think that I am way off here and that is fine. I do think that this is something to think about and one of our goals as MCers should be to grow this community and include everyone.

It really is a great event Jordan and even though sometimes people distance themselves by action or words, it's really no different than an unusually large family lol. At times we will shine and sparkle and at times we will say or do things that really don't represent who we really are, could have just been a horrible day, stress, loss of a pet or family member and a knee jerk reaction could follow such frustration. I hope everyone realizes that we are a very very large family and even though we bicker and stuff at times everyone shares this journey together if they wish too.

You are one of the most genuine and impressive guys I've ever met dude, I love you putting it out there.

It really is a great event Jordan and even though sometimes people distance themselves by action or words, it's really no different than an unusually large family lol. At times we will shine and sparkle and at times we will say or do things that really don't represent who we really are, could have just been a horrible day, stress, loss of a pet or family member and a knee jerk reaction could follow such frustration. I hope everyone realizes that we are a very very large family and even though we bicker and stuff at times everyone shares this journey together if they wish too.

You are one of the most genuine and impressive guys I've ever met dude, I love you putting it out there.

That means a lot coming from you man. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you.

The both of you have been on the outside making the event what it is and this year will be a part of it.
I look forward to watching each of you come down on Friday morning for Staff Sponsor Day and I will be there with a fist bump ready. Each of you personify this event, getting into this event and being a part of this journey.

The both of you have been on the outside making the event what it is and this year will be a part of it.
I look forward to watching each of you come down on Friday morning for Staff Sponsor Day and I will be there with a fist bump ready. Each of you personify this event, getting into this event and being a part of this journey.

I was on the outside looking in last year and just trying to catch a glimpse of what you and Morgan were attempting to do. I think I "get it" now and I'm not about to let anyone down.

Jordan that is a great post dude. I'm not saying I am 100% perfect, I don't think anyone of us are, but just like in a thread earlier about forum clickiness that another member talked about and it wasn't necessarily received "well" by some. It takes posts like this, people stepping up when they notice something, that helps make a change. I know it makes me step back and think about what I have been doing, and it helps refresh me. The last few days have really re energized me and I thank you for that great post brother. You are gonna do great in Myrtle!

Jordan that is a great post dude. I'm not saying I am 100% perfect, I don't think anyone of us are, but just like in a thread earlier about forum clickiness that another member talked about and it wasn't necessarily received "well" by some. It takes posts like this, people stepping up when they notice something, that helps make a change. I know it makes me step back and think about what I have been doing, and it helps refresh me. The last few days have really re energized me and I thank you for that great post brother. You are gonna do great in Myrtle!

You said it bro, we have all been guilty at one time or another (myself included). It's hard not to be when you form these types of bonds with your teammates. I think it's important to realize when it goes too far though and that was the main point of that post.

I think I have made some controversial posts about the MC before and this will be no different. I feel strongly about this though so I'm not going to hold back. JB made a post in here about people bitching a few days ago. It was about much more than that but if you read the post you get what he was saying. I might regret this post but such is life. I feel strongly about the family that has been created here and I don't feel bad calling out BS when I see it.

I think some of us have been alienating the rest of the forum lately and it may cause people to hesitate posting in certain threads. If there are threads that I hesitate to post in, I know there are threads that other THPers might hesitate posting in. The Morgan Cup is not what makes this forum what it is. Just because we are all in the MC does not mean we run this forum and others opinions don't matter. Too many times I have seen someone get jumped on because he/she does not own the popular opinion. This event is absolutely amazing but I have said before that the MC encompasses all of THP, not just the competitors.

Many may think that I am way off here and that is fine. I do think that this is something to think about and one of our goals as MCers should be to grow this community and include everyone.

The more the merrier broski. Very well said.

u5u2atat.jpg

Now that is cool.

Fancy looking water bottle holder there

Why hello there.

I love these. I have a few and they are great for certain things.

Looks space-agey...I dig it.

Those look awesome. Will be needed on those hot SC afternoons

Back