The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oldest son completed his Freshman year today at Central Michigan University.

Despite what he calls an blatant underestimating of curriculum ( he took 3 science classes 2 chemistry and a biology class -all with labs) and 18 credit hours for the semester he went into finals week with a 3.75 GPA.
Just got off the phone with him, and he said finals were a piece of cake!

Very proud of him!

That's great CJ...getting a good year under the belt that Freshman year makes everything so much easier. Hard to make up GPA ground when the classes keep getting tougher.

Sitting at the airport and I am going to make the event this time! THP, Friends(get to make some new ones) and my wife gets to come plus Sun and Fun....I am a happy man right now.

Sitting at the airport and I am going to make the event this time! THP, Friends(get to make some new ones) and my wife gets to come plus Sun and Fun....I am a happy man right now.

I like your optimism...not sure I would have posted that until the plane was in the air and almost there. :act-up:

3 finals down 1 to go tomorrow. I got a 92 on my first final today!! Hoping my other 3 go that well.

Waiting for a half hour or so to head to my first league night in golf ever. Well, as a member. I've played quite a few times as a sub or alternate.

3 finals down 1 to go tomorrow. I got a 92 on my first final today!! Hoping my other 3 go that well.

Congrats, nerfny! Kill it tomorrow!

Woooo congrats Jen!!

Twilight tee time today! Taking the Apex Pros out for their first round!

Way to go Jen!

That's awesome Jen!

Waiting for a half hour or so to head to my first league night in golf ever. Well, as a member. I've played quite a few times as a sub or alternate.

I joined a Monday night one for the first time ever as well

Guess we'll be fighting it out for Rookie of the Year. Ha.

My one-year anniversary of my kidney transplant was January and that meant another kidney biopsy. I thought it'd be no big deal - my creatinine, BUN and other lab tests have had great results, but the pathology report said I was in mild rejection. Two "pulses" of massive amounts of a steroid, prednisone - 410mg at the last "pulse" :bulgy-eyes: - and two biopsies later (plus all the weight gain due to the prednisone) I was told today that there is no evidence of rejection anymore! Woohoo! Life can go on for me. All my friends and family have been so supportive and understanding of my mood swings due to those stupid steroids.

I don't want to monopolize this thread, but I am pretty exited to have heard back from my instructor.

I started in the winter taking lessons, and unfortunately my instructor had a major house fire and had to devote his time to that and made himself unavailable for lessons.

I texted him the other day asking when he would be returning, and he is coming back June 9th. He will be moving to a local (35 minute drive) shop and working with the guy who taught him.
I need lessons now, and I will be able to get them! Josh (my instructor) HIGHLY recommends this guy!

I have an email and a voice mail in to him asking when I can start!

CJ is going to be taking lessons again!!!!!! I cant wait!

My one-year anniversary of my kidney transplant was January and that meant another kidney biopsy. I thought it'd be no big deal - my creatinine, BUN and other lab tests have had great results, but the pathology report said I was in mild rejection. Two "pulses" of massive amounts of a steroid, prednisone - 410mg at the last "pulse" :bulgy-eyes: - and two biopsies later (plus all the weight gain due to the prednisone) I was told today that there is no evidence of rejection anymore! Woohoo! Life can go on for me. All my friends and family have been so supportive and understanding of my mood swings due to those stupid steroids.

Great news, Bonk!

Good luck to you Sir!

Outstanding news congrats and Stay Strong!!!

Got called into my bosses office, and told to shut the door, that we needed to talk.

"We are beyond happy with the progress you have made, and how quickly you have caught on. We realize you have only been here 1.5 months, but we want to increase your pay, so we will bump you up another $2 per hour. Your organization skills, professionalism, and ability to deal effectively with our suppliers has really added to our company. We hope within the next 3 months to have you hire an assistant to assist you, and take some of the work load off you."

I have never before felt so useful, so needed, so appreciated. 1.5 months of positive encouragement, plenty of feedback, and a welcoming management team.

I absolutely cannot believe how lucky I am to have caught on here.

That's great to hear!

3 hour exam done...170/170. Yay for the semester being over! 2 week break lol

A shipping notification from Callaway is always a great start to the day!

My youngest Julia turns 1 today. Man where has the time gone.

8epu8ypu.jpg

Happy birthday Baby Julia 441 Deano Ohioian

That's awesome Congrats Mikey

Happy birthday to your kiddo! Cutie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back