Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Any reason to think I would loose my rapid rewards points if I cancelled my card before using the points? They have been deposited to my RR account for a couple of months now.

Dont recall if there was a timeframe in the fine print or not, Id certainly hope not since you met the spending needed

Thank you SW for that solid points bonus for the card. I'm to to almost 100k with them now

Dont recall if there was a timeframe in the fine print or not, Id certainly hope not since you met the spending needed

Thanks. I have a email into them just to be safe.

Just went through the Chase Sapphire card information a bit more thoroughly and it seems to be a MUCH better option when compared to the SW card. Although getting the SW for the 50k points is a pretty darn good bonus. I do love that the Sapphire transfers point for point over to Southwest so it's almost a no brainer. I think I'm going to make the switch to the Sapphire pretty soon here.

Just went through the Chase Sapphire card information a bit more thoroughly and it seems to be a MUCH better option when compared to the SW card. Although getting the SW for the 50k points is a pretty darn good bonus. I do love that the Sapphire transfers point for point over to Southwest so it's almost a no brainer. I think I'm going to make the switch to the Sapphire pretty soon here.

Sapphire is the one we have kept thus far. No regrets.

I did verify with chase that rapid rewards points already deposited stay after you cancel your SW card. So I'll be canceling that one ASAP!

If you go Sapphire Preferred they give you a 40k Points bonus. Just FYI. At least when i signed up they did.

If you go Sapphire Preferred they give you a 40k Points bonus. Just FYI. At least when i signed up they did.

Yeah I definitely want that 40k in bonus points.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Sapphire requires you to spend 3K in three months. Wasn't SWA only 1K over that same period?

Sapphire requires you to spend 3K in three months. Wasn't SWA only 1K over that same period?

Something like that yeah.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is a skim. Anybody get the Delta Amex? Looks like there is a $95 fee after the first year, but I assume you could just cancel ahead of that?

Sorry if this is a skim. Anybody get the Delta Amex? Looks like there is a $95 fee after the first year, but I assume you could just cancel ahead of that?

I did. Met the minimums and got my miles but not canceling until later this year after flying because you get some benefits with the card (free bag, etc).

I did. Met the minimums and got my miles but not canceling until later this year after flying because you get some benefits with the card (free bag, etc).

Did your initial purchase (I assume you applied when you booked a trip) count towards the $1k in three months?

I didn't book a trip with the card but yes, if you ordered the card and then used it for a flight it will count - you will also get extra miles I think.

I had it just cancelled since the companion in ticket isn't included anymore unless u upgrade and pay 200 a year

I had it just cancelled since the companion in ticket isn't included anymore unless u upgrade and pay 200 a year

After the first year? Terms said it was included with what we got. I went ahead and got it - figured since I travel Delta almost exclusively it was worth it. Lots of perks I'll use in the next 12 months for sure - 35k in miles, $50 rebate, free bag and priorty boarding, and discounts in-flight.

After the first year? Terms said it was included with what we got. I went ahead and got it - figured since I travel Delta almost exclusively it was worth it. Lots of perks I'll use in the next 12 months for sure - 35k in miles, $50 rebate, free bag and priorty boarding, and discounts in-flight.

The gold...they did away with the companion ticket in that class and force u to upgrade.

But for what u need it for it will be good

50k SW signup bonus is back.

In other news, Hyatt just gave us a status match challenge on Diamond status. Pretty happy about that.

50k SW signup bonus is back.

In other news, Hyatt just gave us a status match challenge on Diamond status. Pretty happy about that.

G-rex needs a sw card

Using my SW bonus for Bridgestone for the wife and I.

Since then I've got the BoA Travel Rewards which gives 1.5 on every dollar and then a 10% bonus every year. I like the fact that I can redeem via their portal for any airline/hotel/rental, etc.

Hoping to rack up enough to cover 2 RT flights for Ireland in May.

Using my SW bonus for Bridgestone for the wife and I.

Since then I've got the BoA Travel Rewards which gives 1.5 on every dollar and then a 10% bonus every year. I like the fact that I can redeem via their portal for any airline/hotel/rental, etc.

Hoping to rack up enough to cover 2 RT flights for Ireland in May.

I put my car down payment on my SW card yesterday, figure why not bank some points and just pay it all off there this statement anyways instead of straight from my bank acct.

I put my car down payment on my SW card yesterday, figure why not bank some points and just pay it all off there this statement anyways instead of straight from my bank acct.

Smart. Every single thing I can charge, I do. Rack up points.

Of course yesterday I had to pay it off.

#ouch

The SW card is worth it folks, especially the Plus card that's only $69 annual fee. People should jump on this.

The SW card is worth it folks, especially the Plus card that's only $69 annual fee. People should jump on this.

I normally would, but I hate flying SW. Which stinks because I like their model and they are one of the few with decent customer service. Herb knew what he was doing in that regard.

I normally would, but I hate flying SW. Which stinks because I like their model and they are one of the few with decent customer service. Herb knew what he was doing in that regard.

I thought you had already turned the SW card...I look to you as the rewards card master. :)

Is there a SW near you? Just curious...what do you hate about flying with them?

I thought you had already turned the SW card...I look to you as the rewards card master. :)

Is there a SW near you? Just curious...what do you hate about flying with them?

Not me. I had it a while back. We have SW at the Tampa Airport which is about 45 minutes away.
I want to be able to choose my own seat.
I want to be able to use points to upgrade.

Back