Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

Took my test drive drivers to the range tonight for a mini shootout before my fitting tomorrow and I think I finally saw the effects of "the spin killer". Balls were just falling out of the air after decent launch initially. I've changed my swing a little recently and the new swing must not spin as much because I wasn't seeing this earlier this week. Will get spin numbers tomorrow to confirm but it was quite different than what I'm used to.

How'd this go Neb? Have you had better success since your range session?

How'd this go Neb? Have you had better success since your range session?

I think what I was seeing when I first made that post must have just been a bad day. I've seen a better ball flight since, and my fitter liked the numbers from the 10.5* with the PX 6.0 shaft. I'm really starting to like the J40 driver, and just wish I'd known about it sooner.

I think what I was seeing when I first made that post must have just been a bad day. I've seen a better ball flight since, and my fitter liked the numbers from the 10.5* with the PX 6.0 shaft. I'm really starting to like the J40 driver, and just wish I'd known about it sooner.

It is such a great head. Glad you're working it out!

J40 445 10.5 with ahina 70x ordered. Getting about 10 to 11 degree launch with spin at about 2500. It is such a good pairing and I am excited to be gaming this in july!

Not sure when you guys are ordering and if anybody is still on the fence, but I have a J40 430 9.5 with Graphite Designs Tour AD-6 S that I can ship to somebody for testing if they can use it.

Not sure when you guys are ordering and if anybody is still on the fence, but I have a J40 430 9.5 with Graphite Designs Tour AD-6 S that I can ship to somebody for testing if they can use it.

Orders due today, but such a great off Tim. Thanks for all of your support and wisdom to us new Bridgestone staffers this year.

Very generous offer bro! Unfortunately our orders are due today

Understood...I would have offered sooner, but until recently I was still gaming it myself, its a really solid driver.

You're a kind man TBT! Our orders are due today.

I went with the 9.5 445 with the Diamana Ahina 70x in it. I love the accuracy I have been getting with the 9.5 with the AD-Di 7x shaft in it, but my flight is genuinely as high as I've seen it in years, and I predict the Ahina will improve that based on testing I've done with it in the past. I'm excited to have a combination that reduces spin and I can swing at regardless of the weather.

Yes the j40 is most definitely a solid driver!

I went with the 9.5 445 with the Diamana Ahina 70x in it. I love the accuracy I have been getting with the 9.5 with the AD-Di 7x shaft in it, but my flight is genuinely as high as I've seen it in years, and I predict the Ahina will improve that based on testing I've done with it in the past. I'm excited to have a combination that reduces spin and I can swing at regardless of the weather.

You will be able to somewhat confirm your thoughts in Indy as I will be bringing the 10.5 445 with ahina in it :)

J40 445 10.5 with ahina 70x ordered. Getting about 10 to 11 degree launch with spin at about 2500. It is such a good pairing and I am excited to be gaming this in july!
What kind of launch are you seeing?

More accuracy for you, good god man!

Order in. Went with the 10.5* 445cc head with a PX 6.0 shaft. Going to be fun hitting every fairway with this bad boy.

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I have been keeping an eye out for a reasonably priced J40 driver to test up against my 910 drivers and I was wondering how the J40 compares to them. I have been having good results with the D2 9.5 and I found a D3 10.5 (love the ball flight), but when I lose it, I LOSE it. Plus I like the smaller head, which is why I am dying to get my hands on a J40 to try out. Any input on what I could expect? Thanks all, I know you are gearing up for MC so your input is appreciated.

Your mileage may vary, but I switched from my 910 D2 to the 445 J40 in 9.5 because that's what I could get. Will be going with the 10.5 for the MC though. From the first time I hit Bullfrog's at RTJ, it is not uncommon for me to hit 12 of 14 fairways and have gone 14 for 14 a couple of times.

i think I'm at about 76% fairways with this thing. I was a Titleist guy, but I just hit this better.

JM

I was really on the fence with this one. I loved Kang's setup of the 445 9.5 with the AD-DI 7x, but I was hitting it pretty darn high and was just getting killed with distance loss into a headwind. I went into my fitting with an open mind and while I did not or my fitter did not have a J40 on hand, after some testing we ended up going with the 430 8.5 with an Ahina 80x. I know that's not a perfect scenario, but we did the fitting with a Big Bertha Alpha 9* with a D+ 72X. Launch was in the 13-14* range and spin 3300-4000 RPMs. I asked why the 430 head over the 445 as the 430 has the CG moved for a low to mid and the 445 is more mid to high. I was fit for 8.5 head in the X Hot Pro with the Ahina 70x last year, so I shouldn't be shocked by this fitting. I may try to pick up a J40 430 head and put the Ahina in it to get a feel for what I will be gaming in July. If I can't get any roll out of this combo, there is no hope for me haha

J40 and a 8.5* will be interesting to see that's for sure.

J40 and a 8.5* will be interesting to see that's for sure.

I was hesitant, but am going to trust the fitter. I have always erred on the side of caution in terms of taking the extra loft, etc, but not this time haha. If I can't get it off the ground, don't laugh at me. Thanks.

I was hesitant, but am going to trust the fitter. I have always erred on the side of caution in terms of taking the extra loft, etc, but not this time haha. If I can't get it off the ground, don't laugh at me. Thanks.

You will be fine. If there's anyone that can it's you. High and long so it makes sense.

Heck you probably don't even need a driver down there.

I'm sure if anyone can handle 8.5 in that head, it's Spicoli. Big swing, big launch, and notable spin.

You'll be fine my friend. I hope it's a lethal combo for you.

JeffJohn will be awesome watching you murder that 8.5 430 head and launch it higher than my pw :)

Back