The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

My #THPMC prep will be derailed for a couple of weeks starting Monday when I have a melanoma removed from my shoulder. But, I'm sure I will find something I can do every single day that in some way will help keep me on track. Even if it's just putting and reading golf books, or sharing thoughts with my team mates, every day will still be focused on the goal of being ready for July.

Wow Ken. Just getting a little caught up after being on the road this week. I know this puts a kink in your prep plans buddy, but keep yourself busy with other things and it will be time to get back out before you know it. Thoughts and prayers for a smooth procedure buddy!

JM

We're all here for you, Ken. Rest up, and we know you're going to bring it in MB!

My #THPMC prep will be derailed for a couple of weeks starting Monday when I have a melanoma removed from my shoulder. But, I'm sure I will find something I can do every single day that in some way will help keep me on track. Even if it's just putting and reading golf books, or sharing thoughts with my team mates, every day will still be focused on the goal of being ready for July.

Hate to hear this Ken. Take this time & take mental game to the next level.

Prayers going your way Ken. Wish you the best and hope to hear you back say it soon. Stay positive and you'll be good.

Get better dude!! Positivity coming your way!

Rest up buddy, lots of positive thoughts coming your way......plus who needs prep when you NEVER miss a fairway!

Positive thoughts coming your way bud. Rest up and you'll be back at it before you know it.

All the best Ken...definitely things that are more important than golf. We need you to be attending events for a long time to come.

Ken stay strong buddy you'll be back at the course in no time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ken, you got this man. Stay strong and stay positive.

It's sneaking up on ya boys so hunker down and get those games fired up for action :bomb:

hahaha. Nothing about this event is sneaky OG. But it sure does come up quick.

After spending a great weekend with THP members, a few of which are Morgan Cup staffers, its getting very real. Just over 2 months left and I feel like I have more to do now then ever to get ready for Myrtle Beach in July!

All the best Ken!!

I have to make a post and before I begin, I want to say this is not directed at any individual, and I hate that I have to make it, but I am going to do so anyway. The Morgan Cup is about three things.
An event where you are a tour player for the weekend.
A personal journey to prepare to be a tour player for the weekend.
A pre/post event where you are representing not only yourself & teammates, but also THP and a major golf company.

That's it. Those 3 things. However they want to be romanticized or fantasized about by the individual is up to them. Those 3 things. There was criteria to be a part of it, and many of the 40 that are a part of it earned their way in through some very difficult contests. Each of them are capable of forming their own journey (with assistance from THP) to create the Ultimate Golf Event.

Im not a sugar coating kind of guy, so I will just be the guy that comes out and says it. It is ridiculous how once every couple of weeks, the same thing comes up and it almost always involves some of the guys that have been through this before, dictating how someone that has not should go about this journey. That is wrong on every level and the "hazing" (as I will call it) needs to stop. Let people enjoy their last 60 days before the Cup. Let people prepare their own way for the Cup. Stop trying to tell someone how they should be happy, sad, work harder, less work, fit more, etc. Each person knows what needs to be done. Each person wants to be in the best position they can be in.

But each person also needs to take the journey on their own. A few years ago, we had this issue, and everybody hated it. Its not hard to remember how freaking awful that was and why GG and myself killed this event last year only to bring it back. There is nothing wrong with being a helping hand. THere is something wrong with doing it in a condescending manner that says "Im right and you're wrong, because I was here before".

We have said this 1000 times...This event is unlike any before it. Every new event, every change to an existing event and every mention of new things scares people on THP, and yet each and every time I believe we have done right by everybody here. Nobody knows what we are doing, or planning or anything else. Rookies, Vets and even the volunteers. So just give us 60 days of fun, prep and eagerness for a weekend like you have never seen before and we will give you The Gawd Damn Best Weekend of your entire golfing life.

#StopPreaching
#EnjoyTheRide
#FranchiseRewritten

Well said JB. FWIW I lave leanes on previous years participants amd they have been nothing but encouraging and motivating! This WILL be the ULTIMATE WEEKEND OF AMATEUR GOLF put up by 5 amazing OEMS, THE GREATEST ONLINE GOLF COMMUNITY, and 40 unbelievably lucky participants!

Well said JB. FWIW I lave leanes on previous years participants amd they have been nothing but encouraging and motivating! This WILL be the ULTIMATE WEEKEND OF AMATEUR GOLF put up by 5 amazing OEMS, THE GREATEST ONLINE GOLF COMMUNITY, and 40 unbelievably lucky participants!

You said it KC!

This event has and always will be the pinnacle of my amateur golfing career, I've seen it live and I've seen the life changing effects on the guys playing in it and the volunteers helping out (me included), It's a really special journey that should never be overshadowed by anything but strong legacies of what is and what was. I believe that those that have been there before mean well but sometimes get caught up in the passion of their own experiences with The Morgan Cup. At least that's what I hope is happening lol.

There's no room for anything else but selflessness and gratitude, we've been given something millions dream about.

Last edited:
Okay gentlemen, your Saturday matchups have all been officially announced.
Your Friday will be an amazing day that NOBODY has a clue about.
Your Sunday will be filled with singles.

You have 60 days or so before the event is here and we are asking all 60 of you to meet the criteria and do so with a bang.
Show the THPers out there, those following the event and the sponsors that this event brings excitement to the community.
If 200 posts is too much to ask, then it tells us something for future events of this magnitude.

For the last 2 months of action, we have a request. Bring it.
Everybody has reached the requirements so far and for that we applaud you.
Some however have decided that their 200 posts per month should be relegated to local area chat threads or saying "welcome to THP" to new members. Nothing wrong with either of those approaches as they are with in the rules, but we are asking, maybe the better word is telling, you that the last two months, we need to see some action.

If 10 minutes a day on THP is too much to ask for, for 6-10 posts, then I am at a loss for words. As I said, everybody has done great so far, but for the last 2 months, we are going to say that local chat threads and welcome to THP posts will not count towards your 200 mark. You have plenty of time to finish off the month strong.

Come next week, THP will be meeting with each and every sponsor to discuss this event. To discuss Staff Sponsor Day. To discuss the future. Its hard to believe that in listing the 40 THPers involved, I only got to 31 before having to look. That tells me something since its my job. A...That I need to do it better. And B...That the last two months is your chance to shine.

Each of you have done a great job in this long and monumental journey and the finish line is in your sights. Some say we ask for a lot, I am not sure I agree, but lets say we do...We are asking for you to tear it up and be a part of this community for the remaining time until Staff Sponsor Day kicks off. 10 minutes a day is all we are asking. Join us in making sure the final turn is an amazing chapter.

These days will fly by! This is the event of the lifetime and wake up everyday realizing so many others would love to be in your shoes.

Make the most of it!

I can't believe we're close to the 60 day mark already. It wasn't that long ago that captains and sponsors were named

This thing is so close. None of us newbies really understand just how close, but its bearing right on down on us!

Lets Go!

JM

60 days away to see all the hard work put in over the last 7 months. It's time to let everyone know what and how much the Morgan Cup means. We have been given the opportunity that thousands if not more dream of. Continue to roll on with your personal journey! Chills!

It was like yesterday when indy invitational was 60 some odd days away. Now its the MC! BETTER KICK RHINGS INTO HIGHER GEAR!

You want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Can't wait!

I'm so pumped, the round 1 and 2 pairings have put a huge jolt into me and my prep went from overdrive after round 1 to insanity. Practicing even more with a purpose, here we go!

I couldn't ask for a better partner to go into battle with, kc720. These next 60 days are where the good become great and the great become phenomenal. Time to be PHENOMENAL.

Back