2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

Just landed in Milwaukee and Becky is telling me she needs to practice for next year..that's a good sign :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Of course it was great to get the wives involved, they all enjoyed a good weekend but on Sunday I think they all got to see and enjoy for a few hours a part of our lives that is so important. If I can be a little sentimental, there was a moment this weekend that defined the event. On the 18th hole, MikeDean and GRex were on the green waiting to hit their putt. Grex was at the ball and MikeDean was coming up to join her and he gave her a very loving embrace and kiss on the head that struck me as very genuine and amazing.

This event was more than just golf and spa treatments. This was more than what makes THP great. I have been so happy to take part in THP events and this one was so special because for a few days, it wasn't about equipment or courses or banter, it was about family. Of course I call many of you my brothers, but having wives as a part of the event brought them into our crazy world of golf we obsess over. They were part of that and I will never forget it. We were a true THP family.

Josh and Morgan, this event was more than I imagined and I am proud to have shared this experience with Nicole and everyone. Next year will be even more amazing and hopefully we will be a part of it.

Man oh man, where to start.

Friday started early for us, but when we touched down in FL and was picked up by GolfinFF and Mandi, it was all worth it. First time meeting Jason's WAY better half and she is just as awesome as he is. Got to the resort, immediately changed and went to grab some lunch down by the pool. But from a distance I could see some crazy dude wearing a flatbrim and figured it had to be TNT and of course it was. After lunch hung out at the pool and said hello/introduced ourselves to everyone that made their way down there.

After that headed up to get ready for the meet and greet. Man that suite was SOMETHING else. Loved the outdoor patio even though it felt like the wind was going to blow us off the building. Picked up the awesome SWAG courtesy of JB and GG and then headed out to dinner. A HUGE thanks to JB and GG for picking up the tab for dinner, was totally unnecessary considering everything else you guys did for us, but much appreciated. Had a great time at dinner despite the numerous prime rib jokes being tossed my way. Kept an eye on Wardy from a distance to make sure he wasnt eating in line again and then headed back to the hotel. And of course rather than going to bed we headed down for some night swimming and was surprised at how many people came down and hung out for that. Of course the guys talked golf and the MC while the ladies chatted it up. And then despite my hate for hot tubs I went and hung out in one with the Mrs as well as Matt and Kristen and another couple from FL who were trying to convince us to move down here (Starting to think JB planted them there).

Saturday AM Laura and I woke up early ate a severely overpriced breakfast and then walked around the grounds of this amazing resort. Easily the nicest we have ever stayed at here in the US and there was just so much to see and do. Then JB and I headed over to OCN to get things setup for the pre round range session. After hitting the new TM irons and the absolutely amazing new TM Driver (that was full of sarcasm) the rest of the crew started to file in. A little bit of harassing Coers, cracking jokes and it was golf time.

After the awkwardness of the 1st hole, I had a great time despite not being able to hit an iron to save my life. No stranger to playing golf with JB and I could feel him putting me on the clock with the practice swings lol. Had a great time chatting it up as usual and in typical fashion managed to make him spit up his drink twice, just cant recall the jokes. My man Coers came to play and I thought he did really well for playing the course for the first time. Hit that FW off the deck like a boss and had a very nice swing. Dude is making strides for the MC and will do just fine come July. And Mr Deucy with a little PB was just icing on the cake for an awesome day. Tom has made HUGE strides since I last saw him in March and that handicap will be dropping like a boss real soon.

Dinner that night was at Kobe, tons of pics already in this thread. Just shot the breeze for awhile waiting for the tables to clear and had a drink of JB's Kool-Aid/Rubbing Alcohol concoction. #AWFUL. Food was crazy good, there was way too much of it thats for sure, but enjoyed the time chatting it up with KenH and Mrs KenH, JB/GG, Golf4Life/Mrs Golf4life and that fireman fella and his wife. And no it wasnt my birthday, but I liked the cupcake, not the hat so much and Im fairly certain I know who did it and redemption will be mine later this year.

Was kinda late but still tried to get some pool time/hot tub in but it was pretty empty besides me, wardy and Niteowl. Hung out with those guys for awhile then called it a night.

Sunday, man I wasnt sure what to expect, but man oh man was that fun.
Another great range session which didnt convert to the course, and we were off after the Mrs rolled some putts and was ready to go. This round was with TroyFL, Fupresti and TexasBrons. Troy almost making numerous shots greenside with his hybo was absolutely nauseating, and man does him and Fupresti hit the ball a long way, more times than not in another zip code from me thats for sure. It was funny seeing Glenn apologize when leaving his wife some really long putts, but all in all I think we had like 1 4 putt all day which was pretty darn impressive considering some of the shots we hung the ladies out to dry with.
I was absolutely stunned how awesome of a putter my wife was. She was banging in those 8-10 footers like a boss dead center of the cup. And I could tell she loved how excited the group got when she made one which was cool to see. Just a all around fun and great time that if it wasnt a billion degrees out I would have loved to have played another 18 that way.

Goodbyes suck, the weekend came and went and before we knew it we were heading back to the airport already talking about next year.

Thank you to everyone for making this such an amazing weekend. Seeing/hearing people having such a great time really made me happy and the amount of thanks I received for helping set this up was awesome (but not needed), but to me was confirmation that expectations were met. People asking about next year after only being there for 24 hours says alot and the 40 awesome people there made the event very special to me.

Thank you to JB and GG for coming up with this amazing weekend. Giving the wives a small taste about what the events and THP are all about was something that I think will go a long way in a lot of relationships. Being able to help make this events about the wives just as much as it was about the golf/contest was just awesome. You guys went above and beyond to make this event very special and this was the most fun we had in a weekend in a very long time and it was much needed so thank you again for everything.

And to my lovely wife I say thank you for putting yourself out there and making this trip with me. 36 people you had never met before and I know you were nervous about that but you were so awesome chatting it up with all of the ladies all I can do is smile. Add in the banter on the course Sunday and it just made for an awesome weekend with you. You have been so supportive in all of my THP endeavors and hopefully this past weekend gave you a good glimpse into what its all about. If you had half as much fun as I did, Id say it was a success.

JB/GG have some ideas for 2015 regarding this event, and as usual it will be better than the last!

Awesome recap 441!!!

Man oh man, where to start.

Friday started early for us, but when we touched down in FL and was picked up by GolfinFF and Mandi, it was all worth it. First time meeting Jason's WAY better half and she is just as awesome as he is. Got to the resort, immediately changed and went to grab some lunch down by the pool. But from a distance I could see some crazy dude wearing a flatbrim and figured it had to be TNT and of course it was. After lunch hung out at the pool and said hello/introduced ourselves to everyone that made their way down there.

After that headed up to get ready for the meet and greet. Man that suite was SOMETHING else. Loved the outdoor patio even though it felt like the wind was going to blow us off the building. Picked up the awesome SWAG courtesy of JB and GG and then headed out to dinner. A HUGE thanks to JB and GG for picking up the tab for dinner, was totally unnecessary considering everything else you guys did for us, but much appreciated. Had a great time at dinner despite the numerous prime rib jokes being tossed my way. Kept an eye on Wardy from a distance to make sure he wasnt eating in line again and then headed back to the hotel. And of course rather than going to bed we headed down for some night swimming and was surprised at how many people came down and hung out for that. Of course the guys talked golf and the MC while the ladies chatted it up. And then despite my hate for hot tubs I went and hung out in one with the Mrs as well as Matt and Kristen and another couple from FL who were trying to convince us to move down here (Starting to think JB planted them there).

Saturday AM Laura and I woke up early ate a severely overpriced breakfast and then walked around the grounds of this amazing resort. Easily the nicest we have ever stayed at here in the US and there was just so much to see and do. Then JB and I headed over to OCN to get things setup for the pre round range session. After hitting the new TM irons and the absolutely amazing new TM Driver (that was full of sarcasm) the rest of the crew started to file in. A little bit of harassing Coers, cracking jokes and it was golf time.

After the awkwardness of the 1st hole, I had a great time despite not being able to hit an iron to save my life. No stranger to playing golf with JB and I could feel him putting me on the clock with the practice swings lol. Had a great time chatting it up as usual and in typical fashion managed to make him spit up his drink twice, just cant recall the jokes. My man Coers came to play and I thought he did really well for playing the course for the first time. Hit that FW off the deck like a boss and had a very nice swing. Dude is making strides for the MC and will do just fine come July. And Mr Deucy with a little PB was just icing on the cake for an awesome day. Tom has made HUGE strides since I last saw him in March and that handicap will be dropping like a boss real soon.

Dinner that night was at Kobe, tons of pics already in this thread. Just shot the breeze for awhile waiting for the tables to clear and had a drink of JB's Kool-Aid/Rubbing Alcohol concoction. #AWFUL. Food was crazy good, there was way too much of it thats for sure, but enjoyed the time chatting it up with KenH and Mrs KenH, JB/GG, Golf4Life/Mrs Golf4life and that fireman fella and his wife. And no it wasnt my birthday, but I liked the cupcake, not the hat so much and Im fairly certain I know who did it and redemption will be mine later this year.

Was kinda late but still tried to get some pool time/hot tub in but it was pretty empty besides me, wardy and Niteowl. Hung out with those guys for awhile then called it a night.

Sunday, man I wasnt sure what to expect, but man oh man was that fun.
Another great range session which didnt convert to the course, and we were off after the Mrs rolled some putts and was ready to go. This round was with TroyFL, Fupresti and TexasBrons. Troy almost making numerous shots greenside with his hybo was absolutely nauseating, and man does him and Fupresti hit the ball a long way, more times than not in another zip code from me thats for sure. It was funny seeing Glenn apologize when leaving his wife some really long putts, but all in all I think we had like 1 4 putt all day which was pretty darn impressive considering some of the shots we hung the ladies out to dry with.
I was absolutely stunned how awesome of a putter my wife was. She was banging in those 8-10 footers like a boss dead center of the cup. And I could tell she loved how excited the group got when she made one which was cool to see. Just a all around fun and great time that if it wasnt a billion degrees out I would have loved to have played another 18 that way.

Goodbyes suck, the weekend came and went and before we knew it we were heading back to the airport already talking about next year.

Thank you to everyone for making this such an amazing weekend. Seeing/hearing people having such a great time really made me happy and the amount of thanks I received for helping set this up was awesome (but not needed), but to me was confirmation that expectations were met. People asking about next year after only being there for 24 hours says alot and the 40 awesome people there made the event very special to me.

Thank you to JB and GG for coming up with this amazing weekend. Giving the wives a small taste about what the events and THP are all about was something that I think will go a long way in a lot of relationships. Being able to help make this events about the wives just as much as it was about the golf/contest was just awesome. You guys went above and beyond to make this event very special and this was the most fun we had in a weekend in a very long time and it was much needed so thank you again for everything.

And to my lovely wife I say thank you for putting yourself out there and making this trip with me. 36 people you had never met before and I know you were nervous about that but you were so awesome chatting it up with all of the ladies all I can do is smile. Add in the banter on the course Sunday and it just made for an awesome weekend with you. You have been so supportive in all of my THP endeavors and hopefully this past weekend gave you a good glimpse into what its all about. If you had half as much fun as I did, Id say it was a success.

JB/GG have some ideas for 2015 regarding this event, and as usual it will be better than the last!

We will see you two at PGA National.

That was a good read 441.

Last day at the Hyatt resort here in Orlando. It's been amazing but time to head to fort Myers now.
e9ytu8a4.jpg

Excellent recap Mike. The breakfast was crazy expensive. Part of the reason I probably tired out too quickly on Saturday was because it took all my self-control to not burst into tears ordering a $9 bowl of oatmeal.

Excellent recap Mike. The breakfast was crazy expensive. Part of the reason I probably tired out too quickly on Saturday was because it took all my self-control to not burst into tears ordering a $9 bowl of oatmeal.

There was a Sizzler buffet across the street for like $3.99.

So everyone who stayed extra nights, your bills were all correct? You were charged for those extra nights? One person told me they weren't charged, so I want to make sure that was an isolated incident.

Thanks!

So everyone who stayed extra nights, your bills were all correct? You were charged for those extra nights? One person told me they weren't charged, so I want to make sure that was an isolated incident.

Thanks!

Quoting this so people see it and answer it. It is quite important on our end.

Back home in California this morning after a long day of travel yesterday.

This was such a great THP event. My wife totally gets it now. Its not that she didnt before but this brought some reality to the situation. Thank you once again to JB and GG. MD great job on the resort and cost.

So I flew from ND to SF to turn back around in 7 hours to fly to Orlando and it was totally worth it. We arrived in Orlando on Thursday and had planned on meeting Coers and his wife Jen at the pool well we all know how that turned out. However we did wait for them for dinner and ate at Hemming ways. We had a great time. The girls instantly hit it off and that made them feel way more comfortable. We could see they were a bit nervous but when they saw no one was crazy they had a few cocktails and had a great time. At the end of Dinner John and Natalie also arrived and had a drink with us. It was a great dinner with new friends.

So Friday now is here and I get to go to the Annika Academy. What a great amazing experience. Thank you again Freddie for coming out and recording and taking all those pics. If you ever have the chance that is a great place to get fit.

I am back to the hotel by 11am and its POOL time. My wife is ready to go and we meet the Coers clan at the pool. Shortly there after the Dhart Clan joins as well. What a great resort. As the afternoon arrives more and more THPers arrive. Myself and a few of the boys go off to have a cigar and when we come back Mrs Tipton and Mrs Coers well lets just say the cocktail server at the pool is their new BFF! :banana:. We have a great time hanging out with everyone at the pool. And now its Reception and dinner time. The suite is awesome and we get to meet a bunch of new Thpers as well as see some friends. JB and GG have the gifts for us and the stemware is a big hit. I get to see Troy and we finally get to introduce the misses to each other. We head off to dinner and the Gaylord and thank you again to JB and GG for dinner. I am bummed the bread pudding is not made the way it normally was but the spare ribs were great. So shockingly at this point after dinner a few of us end up with some adult beverages poolside. MikeDean, Ward, Fupresti, GolfinFF, ThreeBoys, Coers, Troyefl and all most of our better halves. There was a big moan as the water slide was closed and I got to see a security guard jump in the air after seeing a garden snake. And for the record G-Rex you are awesome.

Saturday Golf, Troyefl, Golfin4life and Sparks are playing together. What a great time. The course was in good shape and OCN has an amazing facility. Now lets be honest I have been working up in ND so I was just happy to see green grass lol. Everyone plays well even after Golfin has to bring in a loaner shafter because his tip was broken on the flight in. Everyone in our group played well and we had some great shots from all. By about 15 it started getting pretty hot and we were all ready to be done. Rancey, Brett and Troy thank you boys I had a great time.

Now we are on to Saturday night dinner at Kobe. What a crazy time. First when we come in. JB has this drink that is in a bowl the size of a small basketball.
o.jpg

According to MikeDean it tastes like Kool-Aid. At Dinner we are with Troy, Threeboys and Niteowl plus our much better significant others. Our chef is an absolute riot. He has us in stitches and at some points he crosses the line but its funny. We just have an absolute blast at dinner. Thank you to our table what a great time. As we are finishing half of the employees in the restaurant come and surround MikeDean and proceed to put this crazy hat on him and sing him happy birthday. I still cant believe he did this to himself just to get a free cupcake.

Now on to Sunday. We are paired with Duece, Threeboys and Certifiable....First to Tasha, Shannon and Diane. Thank you ladies for putting up with us. And being absolutely hilarious. We have a great time playing together. Now the ladies are pretty darn funny at some points in the day. Tasha is Heckling Mr Duece Tom. Literally heckling it has all of us in tears. Shannon and my wife are telling Phil and I we play boring golf. Why do you guys keep hitting it in the fairway? And Diane is dropping puts for Gene like its her job. We have just an absolute amazing time. My wife has a 3 foot putt in her bag or a 35ft putt in her bag. We are going to have to work on that in-between. And never tell them to give it a good whack when you are 25ft out. That means you will get to chip off the green. The shot of the round goes to Tasha however. On 18 she drains a 50ft put uphill with at least 4ft of break in it. If she was not pregnant she would have been carried off the green. Thank you once again I had so much fun. My wife says she cant wait to come and do this again. Sunday night we have dinner with the Coers and Dhart clan and once again #Coersing adds another meaning to it. Thank you everyone for a great time at dinner. We had an absolute blast. I cant wait to see how this turns out next year. Once again to JB and GG thank you for putting this together it was awesome.

We check out today so I'll give it a look then and let you know if there is a problem.

2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

After finally unwinding and having a chance to gather my thoughts it's time for a synopsis of the weekend. However first I want to thank Josh, Morgan, and Mike for putting together a fabulous weekend. Enough can't be said how Fun and enjoyable, outside of the hours of prep, THP events are.

Kristin and I arrived Friday afternoon and were blown away by the grandeur of the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. To actually be checking in was by far exciting and relieving at the same time. Up until Thursday morning we were not 100% sure we would make it, as it seemed unforeseen events were trying to keep us from enjoying this event.

So as the time approached pictures started to surface from the THP suite as to the ice breaking that would occur where our significant others would see a glimpse of what THP is about. Morgan and Josh outdid themselves with accomplishing that. From the cocktails, the views, and to the swag everything was top notch. It was great meeting my so called internet friends for the first time even though it felt as it wasn't the first.

Off we headed to the Gaylord Palms resort to a dinner that JB and Morgan put together as a treat for us. Talk about unnecessary and much appreciated. The spread laid out provided a great variety for each to choose from. It was great talking to kenh and texasbrons at dinner. The only awkward moment was looking up to see two butter knifes pointed in my direction by MWard. After dinner the wife and I headed to Downtown Disney, which only lasted a brief time due to the amount of people and traffic. From there we headed to the pool that so many others have talked about. The temp of the water was to chilly for my liking so I settled on the hot tub. We were joined by the Deans, and yes the couple from Florida was definitely trying to sell moving to Fl. A little before midnight we decided to call it a night.

Saturday morning felt like it came too quickly, however we headed to the gym for a morning workout. The gym at the Hyatt was well received with free weight and machine offerings. After the workout we decided to grab an quick to go breakfast and ate outside. The fit wrap by far was worth the $12 and I would highly recommend it for those planning a visit in the future.
Off to golf we went were Tom (deuce) was gracious enough to provide me with a ride. Note always remember to carry change when driving to OCN. We had to pull a Chinese fire drill scrambling for change. Forgot to shut the trunk after retrieving change from our bags.

After a quick range session, which was a tell take sign of how awful my driver was going to be, some banter, and a brief period hitting the new SLDR irons off to the first tee we went. I had a great day playing with HOFer threeboysdad, MWard, and Fupresti. All great guys and would definitely tee it up with them again. My driver was awful and I did not hit one FW, thank goodness for my clutch iron play. We all had some great shots, we even got to witness the Ward tiger fist pump, and a lot of laughs.

On to Sunday we go. I was actually more nervous on Sunday as I have ever been. It was my turn to show my wife why I love THP so much. Being the last group out on Sunday allowed the wife's to chat it up a bit prior to teeing off. We were paired up with GolfinFF, Sparksjr, Niteowl, and significant others. After the first hole jitters I think both the guys and girls settled down great. I was anxious and kind of nervous when lining my wife up to putt. With it being Mother's Day I had to be mindful of my reactions and vocabulary choices not to offend her or take the fun of the event away. Well let me just say I couldn't have been anymore proud with the way my wife handled herself and rolled the flatstick. For not picking up a putter prior to Sunday and having the ability to sink not only a 15' birdie, and a few decent par putts as well. Just seeing my excitement after that birdie said it all. I could have got her a bit closer, but I was happy she didn't have any four putts! Sparks can crush a ball of the tee with that BigBertha. Niteowl has a stellar wedge game. GolfinFF is just GolfinFF. :) Just messing. Once he figures out his tempo and occasional miss right he will be a force to reckon with. The SO's held their own out there even with the humidity and heat. Highlight of the round was when Sparksjr told his wife just hit it firm. Her response, "I don't know what hitting it firm means!"

Closing thoughts are always difficult to muster up. These events seem like eons to get here, but end to quickly. My wife had several questions regarding everything that takes place with THP. I even caught her on my phone reading up on some threads, not only to put the phone down with a response of, "How do you possibly keep up?" And "Mike Dean sure does post a lot!" The two of us are looking forward to the next couples event and she mentioned she will be ready next time. Her competitive side coming out.

Once again thanks to Morgan and Josh for coming up with these crazy, but over the top events!

Last edited:
Also, in case anyone didnt hear me all weekend, 3BD won back to back events once upon a time

Also, in case anyone didnt hear me all weekend, 3BD won back to back events once upon a time

...and only a few strokes removed from winning in Louisiana. Phil has game and just knows how to get around the course.

Thanks!
Ours was correct, we were charged for the one extra night.

Where do I start? I guess first and foremost to the people who made this weekend happen, JB, Morgan and Mike, thank you so much for putting this together. It was the best event I have been to so far as it brought in the women who put up with us and they saw what this great place is all about. We had so much fun this weekend and yes GF is ready to do it all again.
JB and Moran, so much has already been said about your generosity with the gifts and dinner that I could not express it any better. You two are very special people who are loved by many out here across this wonderful place we call THP. Thank you for all you do.
We landed Friday and while I was standing waiting on our clubs I saw Sparksjr posted he was waiting also. Well I saw someone grab a set of clubs and walk away before I could say anything. There was one other person just about to walk away from the area and I stopped him and asked him twice if he was sparks and he said yes. I introduced myself as TBD and he said hello back and shook my hand and said he had someone waiting on him and I said OK I will see you tonight. Then later I read another sparks post and realized the person I met was an imposter just wishing he was the real Sparkjrs. Wonder what that guy was thinking?
We made our way to the hotel, got all checked in and headed down to the pool. Starting meeting old friends and making new ones. Then on up to the meet and greet where JB and Morgan were kicking off the wonderful weekend that was before us. After that off to explore the hotel more then get ready for dinner. The dinner was awesome and I totally stuffed myself, it’s a buffet and I had to help watch to make sure mward was not eating in line. After the dinner we made our way back down to the pool area and just relaxed.
Saturday comes and I head down to breakfast buffet and again stuff myself, with the “resort” price I did not want to not let anything go to waste. We get our clubs and head over to the course. I played with Mward, fupresti and mmaynard and let me say, those boys can play some golf! After the round back to the hotel and some more pool time. Then off to another fantastic dinner with everyone.
Sunday arrives with a nervous anticipation look on the GF face but she is a trooper and we head over to the course. We get a little putting practice in and off we go. We played with Certi_able, Deuce and TNT and their wives. All I can say I have never had as much fun playing a round of golf. Each of those men were so respectful of their wives and it made a fun day even that more enjoyable. Let me say Deuce had some pressure on him as his wife cut him no slack! It was all in good fun and we all had a great time laughing all day. All of the women were making some nice putts out there and I don’t think anyone will be filing divorce papers after the round. After the round we took showers at the course and sadly had to start making our way to the airport leaving behind a wonderful weekend that will be talked about forever.

Thanks again JB and Morgan for a great weekend

Thoughts,
Hotel…outstanding
441…does not want me to win again but does look good in a Kobe hat
TSA agents…nuff said
All the wives ……. Great sports

Great recap 3BD

Next time wear a championship belt around, that should shut me up

Well, back home, somewhat recovered, and ready to do it all over again right now! This event was at the top of my radar from the moment it was announced. My wife even told me at one point that she would bury me in a bunker if I didnt get in! Thank you so much to JB, GG, and MD for everything they put into this event. It was far beyond our expectations even though I should have known better. The resort was stellar and the champagne and glasses were awesome touches to the weekend.

So friday morning came really early to catch a 8am flight and ensuring we got to the airport with enough time to not #coersit, we met up with threeboysdad and Shannon where we talked about how excited we all were to get away for the weekend. We landed in orlando shortly after 12 and I went down to get our rent car while 3bd and the SOs went to get bags, apparently if you ask someone if they are sparksjr in the airport they just automatically say yes even though they have no idea what you are talking about. Avis chose to not have our car so we had to wait for them to bring us one, which turned out to be an upgraded Lincoln MKZ, after taking 5 minutes to realize that there is no gear shifter but instead just buttons we were on our way. The 30min drive to the hotel really set the tone for the weekend while we were trying to figure out how to operate the car. Between my wife cranking the radio to max on accident, and the hidden light in the back seat headliner it was non stop laughing.

We arrived at the hotel changed and headed to meet everyone at the pool, finally put some names to faces enjoyed a cigar with some of the guys and allowed the girls to mingle. Then a quick shower and up to JB and GGs suite for cocktail hour where we got to meet more of the group and just have some great conversation. Having not traveled much JB informs me that this resort is like 2nd from the bottom for Hyatt's, which I still dont believe! We went off to dinner at the Gaylord, and after a quick stroll around to see the alligators we found the group and conversation started up again. Such a great spread of food, my first taste of bread pudding and praying that I could make it back to the hotel without busting the button my my pants. Thanks again to JB and GG for the meal that night it was totally unnecessary but just added to the awesomeness of the event. The night was capped off by a trip to the pool.

Saturday morning came and my wife flew out of bed ready to head to the spa, and I walked around the resort just taking it all in. Upon arriving at OCN I was shocked by the huge practice facility and the service that was provided to us. I hit the range and warmed up a bit and then went to watch the tee shots. The round with dhartmann, Just_Hacking, and Certifi_able was a story of ups and downs. I couldnt swing my driver until the last 3 holes, Derek has some serious length if he can just keep it straight, John was having a blast "just hacking" around the course with us after the birdie on hole 1, and Gene shows up with pars on the first 5 holes and making us all look bad! There were good shots, and bad shots, but none of us ever found a great rhythm, but I would play that round with those guys all over again, any day.

After the round Emily and I headed back to the poolside where I met golfinFF's wife and had some great conversation. Mandi was having a great time and when my wife told her that there were threads on here about cooking and bread making, she wasnt very happy that he hadnt shared this with her (i think she will be joining soon). He then had to explain like I have that we dont need them stalking the "What did you buy" thread because I think all the SOs this weekend realized that their house isnt the only one who is on a first name basis with the FedEx, UPS, and USPS guys, and we truly arent paying for all the stuf that shows up! At this point it was time to head to Kobe for dinner. Lots of conversation was had while waiting for our tables. Dinner was shared with Tory, Trevor and Phillip and their SOs. I couldnt have asked for better company, or a better waiter. As Trevor stated, we were all laughing so hard during the meal it was hard to eat. The food was excellent and I cant see how anyone ate it all! Back at the hotel my wife went to bed and I headed to the pool with MikeDean and Mward, lots of conversation about this event coming back next year, the MC and THP in general and it was time for bed.

Sunday morning came all too early and we headed to the course for some putting practice. Seeing all the SOs on the putting green putting in work was an awesome sight. I think we sent the started into a panic when he saw 20 carts roll up and trying to explain that only 20 people were actually playing. Pictures were talking and the groups were off. Our group was last so we got some time to chat and break some of the tension. As our group teed off and 4 balls found the fairway everything settled down. There were some great shots made and some great putts made by the ladies. I got yelled at on the first 3 holes by the ladies because I was chipping to gimme range and not letting the wife putt , at which point I assured them that she would have many opportunities and I made good on that generally leaving my wife on the opposite side of the green! I need to get some lessons from Spark's wife on "putting to a number". He told her to make solid contact and she shot the ball about 10ft past and then proceeded to step up and make the comeback put like she was Zach Johnson. Listening to all of us guys trying to convey how hard to hit putts was a blast, and many times they would reply back with "I dont know what that means!" We laughed throughout the entire round while the girls kept asking why we couldnt get them closer to the hole. Thanks to golfinFF, and Matt for picking up the tabs at the cart girl. Matt has got some game and is going to be a force in the MC, Rancy made me feel like I was hitting the original Big Bertha instead of the Alpha while he constantly put the ball 20-30yds longer than I did, with a boring baby draw everytime. Jason needs to get NASA on standby everytime he hits the ball! I would share a round with these guys (and their wives) as well anytime.

The round ended all too quickly and we met everyone back at the clubhouse where it was announced that Troy actually beat JB, and everyone was off to catch flights or to enjoy another night at the hotel. After a relaxing meal at Chili's with 3BD, we headed to the airport where reality set in that it was time to go home. Another THP event is in the books and I have still yet to meet a THPer I didnt like.

Huge thanks again to JB, GG, and MD for having this idea and putting it all together. My wife has already told me that we need to get in the next one and she is going to be practicing for it. While she has met some of the local guys it was still a bit wierd to her that I have now flown to florida twice to play golf with people I met on the internet, but now she gets it. Thanks to all the SOs that made her feel welcome, she is really shy when she first enters a group but she felt right at home with everyone this weekend.

I keep finding more pictures.... Coers, Fupresti, Mward, Erky, and significant others at dinner Saturday night. Erky reminds me of the uncle from beetlejuice in this shot :)

2aqu3usy.jpg

A few images from Sunday...

I keep finding more pictures.... Coers, Fupresti, Mward, Erky, and significant others at dinner Saturday night. Erky reminds me of the uncle from beetlejuice in this shot :)

2aqu3usy.jpg

rupu7yse.jpg

Back