Edel Torque Balance E-2 Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Edel Torque Balance E-2 Putter Review

Great review James! The look is definitely different yet easy to look at. I am open to new designs as well as performance is not lessened. The look if the insert is what intrigues me and resembles the look of a honeycomb.

Very thorough review James, I glanced at the pictures before reading and was ready to dismiss this putter from my need to try list but your review changed that for me. The PIXL face and the toe up technology have me interested. Lots of machine work go into the making of one of these and I was pleasantly surprised that they only cost $299, I expected them to be more pricey.

Very interesting putter. I really do like the looks of this. The PIXL insert is quite an eye catcher. I am interested in giving this one a try, as the tech in this is would be fun to experience.

Definitely a unique concept and look for a flatstick. If I see one at a retailer ill give it stroke or two.
Good review jman.

Great review. My new Golf Galaxy has an Edel putter fitting cart and some of the stuff in there is wild. Great departure from the norm for putters.

Fantastic review James, been looking forward to this one.

I'm a fan of the non-traditional putter designs and this definitely fits that mold. The price point is solid for a higher end putter as well.

This is one I gotta roll someday, glad to hear the cavity didn't cause any issues with drag and I like the 365g head with ability to modify if desired.

The PIXL insert really interested me, beautiful and functional. Thanks for the review James.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Aesthetically, this one has some great qualities. Don't love the sole that much, but the face-on and address views are very nice. I had a chance to roll one a while back and the feel was definitely there too. Great information in this James. A very unique set of technologies with this one, so your knowledge was helpful in making sense of it all.

I've been thinking a lot about removing a certain miss from the game. Over the last year I've eliminated the fade off the tee and only miss left or hard left now, and I believe that's really been a benefit to my game -- If they are doing that similarly in putter design, I feel like it could be of major benefit to a lot of golfers who struggle with consistently missing one way or the other.

Intriguing. Great review James.

Interesting putter. Never heard of edel putters, I kind of like the uniqueness of this and the insert is intriguing.

Great review, James. Definitely a unique take on putter construction. Would like to give one of these a roll. And that insert looks amazing.

Thanks for the comments everyone, one thing Edel isn't afraid to do is "different", and these putters are definitely that. The insert though, the insert is the star IMO.

Great write up! sounds like a solid putter!

Great write up James. Lots of great insight into these. I really like the looks of them. Such an interesting design. Very cool.

I'd never seen an Edel putter before the PGATSS near me put out a selection of these a few weeks ago. I've hit them every time Iv'e been in there and they are really nice. The shaft bend you talk about, Jman, isn't noticeable to me. I'm seriously considering putting one of these in my bag. The distance control is fantastic on strikes all over the pixl insert.

I'm literally kicking myself for not knowing about Edel putters when I was working in Austin.

I'd never seen an Edel putter before the PGATSS near me put out a selection of these a few weeks ago. I've hit them every time Iv'e been in there and they are really nice. The shaft bend you talk about, Jman, isn't noticeable to me. I'm seriously considering putting one of these in my bag. The distance control is fantastic on strikes all over the pixl insert.

Interesting, because when you sit it next to any other putter, the backset sure stands out to me.

The PIXL insert is solid though, always has been, even when PING was using it originally.

I'm literally kicking myself for not knowing about Edel putters when I was working in Austin.

Haha, one of those smaller companies hidden out there for sure.

Wow very Unique looking putter from the bottom. Would be interested to try this and see how it feels. I am truly intrigued.

I'm not a big insert guy but the pixl insert feels great. I think it really helps with the distance control too

War Eagle from my iPad

Damn that's a great review.

Interesting design, the face insert reminds me of an old Ping better I played in 1999.

This review has me pondering a black E1... some are going for $180 on ebay (retail $330) and it would be cool to roll this for the winter, then compare it with the #9 toe-up when they come out this February. I have a feeling it will come down to a milled face vs PIXL insert preference...

Back