My Callaway Performance Center Fitting - Neshanic Valley, NJ

Will be interested to see what shafts you go with Dev

Looking forward to it Ricky! Things might be working out after all

Awesome write-up Dev! Glad you had a great experience, looking forward to part two.

Rumor has it a certain tattooed GOFFER may be headed to the fitting with me to do some documenting for me.

2nd part of my fitting is today. Focusing on irons and hybrids and figuring out which wedge configuration to go with.

Really great writeup here - looking forward to hearing what they fit you into shaft wise!

Have fun today!

Can't wait to read about it Dev!

So damn jealous buddy. Enjoy it!

Have a great time Ricky, and I hope you get all the answers you are looking for.

Good luck Ricky, I hope all your wildest dreams come true today!

Have some fun today buddy!

Got home a few hours ago and have had a chance to gather my thoughts. Went back today to work with David on my irons and hybrids but it ended up being more than that.

Upon arriving, I was able to warm up with my Speedblades and hit about 15-20 balls. Then we went right to it. Started out with the Apex with the Recoil 660 shaft in Light flex. I was hitting the ball well. Around 160-165 (6 iron) but was a little erratic. We stuck the R flex (F3) Recoil shaft in there and it was a perfect match. Despite the heavier club, the swing speed went up, distance went up and spin went up into the 4200-4500 range, launching around 17-18 degrees. I was hitting them very very well. Since I wanted to make sure I gave everything an honest effort, I switched to the X2Hot with the same shaft. I hit them fine but just couldnt get the launch or spin up to where the numbers were with the Apex. We then went outside and hit them both and continued to see the same for the short time we were out there before the weather cut it short. We checked lie angles and lengths and turns out that I am standard on both.

We then proceeded to work with Hybrids and trying to figure out the gapping. I stepped up and hit the 4Hy in Light flex and hit it a pretty nice shot. Good ball flight and around 185. Hit a few more with similar results. Then decided I wanted to switch and give the 5hy a try. First shot was almost identical distance to the 4Hy but with a little higher ball flight. Hit it a bunch more times as well. Something about the stock shaft and me just dont jive. They didnt have any aftermarket hybrids shafts with them but we talked a bit about higher launching shafts that may fit the bill.

Next we went over to the putting green again and had a good chat about what head shape I prefer and he took a look at my stroke for a bit. As David, said, could he sit there and analyze my stroke and make some suggestions? Yes. But in the end I have to go with what is most comfortable for me.

On to wedges, we talked a bit about lofts and grinds and shafts. Based on what we can expect in Myrtle and talking with some of the vets I had a good idea what direction I wanted to go here.

Last but not least, we went back to driver. In the 2 weeks since I have been there I made some big improvements in swing speed and wanted to see his thoughts. I am teetering on the border of R Flex and S flex but we both decided, after hitting a bunch of balls, that the R flex is the best route for me.

Most interesting part of the fitting was the ball. Last time I was there he had me hitting the SR1 balls and I liked them. This time in, without him telling me, he put SR3 balls in to play. I was actually hitting them quite well. He wanted to get a gauge for how much I could handle and where I would see the most benefit. Then he told me and I switched to the SR2 and it was right in my sweet spot.

Last but not least I want to give a hat tip to my fitter David. As was documented earlier, when I went for my initial fitting they misplaced the Apex iron head so I had to schedule a second fitting. He felt really bad as I had to travel an hour and a half each way so after my second session tonight when it came time to pay, he was gracious enough to waive the fee for me. That was totally unexpected and a great gesture on his part. The whole experience from start to finish is so much more than I ever could have imagined or ever deserved. Thank you Callaway and THP for allowing a hacker like me to feel like a rockstar. I have submitted my order and will be posting it in the Callaway MC thread shortly.

Glad you got it all sorted out Ricky. Can't wait to see that bag on Friday dude.

Glad you has such a great experience Ricky

Looks like he got you Set up right Ricky

Ricky, great write up. I am so glad this went so well for you man! You got a good one for sure! Sounds like you really got dialed in and the work is paying big dividends too! Well done man!

JM

Ricky too bad you are a lefty. I would have been more than happy to take your current gamers of your hands.

Ricky too bad you are a lefty. I would have been more than happy to take your current gamers of your hands.

No. Those arent going anywhere any time soon either. haha

Glad you got everything sorted out Ricky

Back