My Callaway Performance Center Fitting - Neshanic Valley, NJ

Great info Ricky and I look forward to your thoughts when you go back.

I am however completely stumped by such low spin numbers that you were getting.

Great writeup Ricky. Glad you liked the experience and I hope that everything works out best for you. Keep up the good work and look forward to see what you end up with.

Great recap, Dev. Sounds like you're getting tons of good info, and will be setup perfectly for the MC. What shafts are you thinking for the irons?

Hope you enjoyed the fitting, Dev! It was a great experience when I did it two years ago!

Mashing the BB FW, love it! Thanks for sharing your experience Dev. Good luck with the rest of your fitting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Great recap, Dev. Sounds like you're getting tons of good info, and will be setup perfectly for the MC. What shafts are you thinking for the irons?

Recoil 660's in either lite or r Flex.

Looking forward to how this will pan out. I know you are enjoying this part of the preparation and learning tons to boot!

Nice recap Ricky, it sounds like you are on your way to getting it figured out and the fairway numbers sound stout! Sounds like 3w over that waste area at Lyman Orchards would be your play next time. Keep us posted on how the iron fitting goes.

Interesting that the TM and Callaway labs do two completely things. Glad you enjoyed it Dev!

This brings back memories. I loved doing my fitting at a Callaway studio a couple years ago. Glad you got to get fit with some nice high tech monitors and hopefully you nailed down everything you're going to go with for the #THPMC

Nice recap Ricky, it sounds like you are on your way to getting it figured out and the fairway numbers sound stout! Sounds like 3w over that waste area at Lyman Orchards would be your play next time. Keep us posted on how the iron fitting goes.

I still want a rematch with that damn hole. haha

great recap Dev. looking forward to seeing what you end up with in the bag.... i do have a question for your fitter when you go back do you think that maybe you should be playing right handed clubs maybe thats why your spin numbers are messed up? just a thought

Ricky did you hit the X2 hot driver at all?

Ricky did you hit the X2 hot driver at all?

I did hit a few shots with it but the distance, launch, and spin were way better and more consistent with the BB. I have hit both previous as well since I am currently gaming the Big Bertha and the Bertha gave me better numbers.

I enjoyed reading this recap Ricky, really looking forward to hearing how everything shakes out in 2 weeks.

Secretly hoping you go Edge. :)

I did hit a few shots with it but the distance, launch, and spin were way better and more consistent with the BB. I have hit both previous as well since I am currently gaming the Big Bertha and the Bertha gave me better numbers.

Hmmm. Do you mind sharing what "better launch and spin" were?

Hmmm. Do you mind sharing what "better launch and spin" were?

Sure. With stock shafts in both (sorry I am going off memory) I was consistently launching the BB set to +2 at 15-16 degree with I believe around 3500rpm spin. Was hitting the BB around 215-220 . the X2Hot was launching a bit lower around 13-14 in with similar setting with a little less spin around 3100-3200. Was seeing distance in the 200-210 range. Club speed was a little higher with the BB also which I dont know the reason for.

Sure. With stock shafts in both (sorry I am going off memory) I was consistently launching the BB set to +2 at 15-16 degree with I believe around 3500rpm spin. Was hitting the BB around 215-220 . the X2Hot was launching a bit lower around 13-14 in with similar setting with a little less spin around 3100-3200. Was seeing distance in the 200-210 range. Club speed was a little higher with the BB also which I dont know the reason for.

Were these the averages off the good shots? Or was this total shots? Did the fitter talk about club length? Settings or anything else?

Were these the averages off the good shots? Or was this total shots? Did the fitter talk about club length? Settings or anything else?

I generally hit my driver pretty consistently on the sweet spot so we went off the numbers as a whole. We set them to the same settings as far as loft goes +2 and in the D setting. Stock length is what I hit them both at.

I generally hit my driver pretty consistently on the sweet spot so we went off the numbers as a whole. We set them to the same settings as far as loft goes +2 and in the D setting. Stock length is what I hit them both at.

Okay. Good luck with the remainder of the process.
Wasnt trying to nitpick, just trying to understand.
Enjoy it.

Great writeup, Rick. Sounds like you're teamed up with a really knowledgeable fitter. I'm sure you're going to be coming into #THPMC with a solid bag. Bummer you didn't get to hit the Apex irons, though.

Ricky when is your next appointment here?

Ricky when is your next appointment here?

A week from today. I am actually glad we ended up having to break it into 2 sessions. I can just go in and focus on irons and hybrids now instead of everything.

A week from today. I am actually glad we ended up having to break it into 2 sessions. I can just go in and focus on irons and hybrids now instead of everything.

do you expect to go in and hit all the irons again or just trying the Apex and comparing numbers from last time?

do you expect to go in and hit all the irons again or just trying the Apex and comparing numbers from last time?

Hitting everything. I really really want to go with graphite shafts just because they are easier on my wrist. So it limits the shaft options. I think the Kuro Kage wont be a good fit so its either Recoil or stock Callaway graphite. I have another lesson scheduled for Monday and have been hitting my irons well of late so I think this will be a very productive session.

Back