Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Not me. I had it a while back. We have SW at the Tampa Airport which is about 45 minutes away.
I want to be able to choose my own seat.
I want to be able to use points to upgrade.

I feel ya on the seat thing. I had to check in to my flight from the golf course at both TheKing and LIITA...talk about loosing focus!

I guess I get why they do it the way they do but it takes forever to load the plane waiting on people avoiding the middle seat and the $40 "upgrade" at the terminal is a scam. On the planes I have been on, literally 6 seats were an upgrade and most of them go to business select anyway.

All that said, if they were in Knoxville I would probably use them exclusively.

I normally would, but I hate flying SW. Which stinks because I like their model and they are one of the few with decent customer service. Herb knew what he was doing in that regard.

I honestly hate flying them too, nothing like being treated like cattle.

It pains me to have the united card now. Had the continental card which was awesome but United sucks and has ruined what continental had in Newark. Ugh.

It's funny southwest might be my favorite. I have rarely had a delayed flight and they are the best about rewarding you if they make a mistake IMO. Also as long as you check in about 24 hours most of the time you are getting your choice of window/aisle and your bag on the plane.

It's funny southwest might be my favorite. I have rarely had a delayed flight and they are the best about rewarding you if they make a mistake IMO. Also as long as you check in about 24 hours most of the time you are getting your choice of window/aisle and your bag on the plane.

These are all true.
Except one thing...I can always ensure a window or an aisle with every other airline because I get to choose my seat. :D

Just personal preference really.
I also very much like the idea that I can cash in some rewards points for 1st class instead of just always using them for free flights. On long trips, the extra leg room very much helps someone like me.

Loved the idea of the SW card for the points and have seen everyone and these great prices they receive.

However Ive yet to find a real "deal" and after the Bstone Championship I'll probably move on to something else like the Chase card so Im not tied to any one airline I suppose

Loved the idea of the SW card for the points and have seen everyone and these great prices they receive.

However Ive yet to find a real "deal" and after the Bstone Championship I'll probably move on to something else like the Chase card so Im not tied to any one airline I suppose

You could also do the Amex Starwood card and use it for hotels, then also convert points to miles at 1.20 to 1.

You could also do the Amex Starwood card and use it for hotels, then also convert points to miles at 1.20 to 1.

ehh, id be going on against mega sheet for the 2nd time in a row

Reading over the SW benefits page and it says that 1st and 2nd checked bags are free (with weight limitations), but I'm wondering if this is per passenger (wife in my case), or is just for one person?

Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Reading over the SW benefits page and it says that 1st and 2nd checked bags are free (with weight limitations), but I'm wondering if this is per passenger (wife in my case), or is just for one person?

1st and 2nd bags free on every southwest flight for every person regardless of card or not

might be calling delta amex back to re-open up the card for a week

Actually I think you need to check over megasheet again.

I think the finished version ended up on the Totes computer. Thought Sapphire was the winner?

Dont suppose I sent it to you before I got canned?

Might need updated as bonuses, etc have changed. Perhaps something to do in our down time

Am I reading it wrong or are Delta skymiles not very valuable? Seems like it takes a lot to pay for any flight over $100.

I think the finished version ended up on the Totes computer. Thought Sapphire was the winner?

Dont suppose I sent it to you before I got canned?

Might need updated as bonuses, etc have changed. Perhaps something to do in our down time

The dynamic totally shifted for the one card idea when every company out there (they all have) devalued their points.
So while the Chase SP works as well as most on airlines, on hotels it is nearly worthless. Therefore if one was going to fly out with a particular airline, they would be better off going with them due to the perks.

That is why I said Starwood Amex. Because you still get the same point per spend, but also get Starwood perks to go along with 20% bonus on airline transfers and when you reach gold, they have a nice Delta partnership.

For me, I still think for hotels the Hyatt is the better card, due to their lower end properties being nicer.

Am I reading it wrong or are Delta skymiles not very valuable? Seems like it takes a lot to pay for any flight over $100.

Yes it does. SW kills them in that regard. I spent like 55,000 points for a RT through Delta for Nashville.

Booked SW yesterday to FLL for both the wife and I RT for 44,000 points TOTAL.

Its relative based on a number of factors.
Then add upgrade availability, companion tix, etc.

Yes sir it takes forever to earn enough points

The dynamic totally shifted for the one card idea when every company out there (they all have) devalued their points.
So while the Chase SP works as well as most on airlines, on hotels it is nearly worthless. Therefore if one was going to fly out with a particular airline, they would be better off going with them due to the perks.

That is why I said Starwood Amex. Because you still get the same point per spend, but also get Starwood perks to go along with 20% bonus on airline transfers and when you reach gold, they have a nice Delta partnership.

For me, I still think for hotels the Hyatt is the better card, due to their lower end properties being nicer.

Yeah I'm still getting a feel for the lay of the land. I suppose once I know what events I'm interested in next year will dictate if I need hotel card or airline. Not sure on the airline situation up this way quite yet.

These are all true.
Except one thing...I can always ensure a window or an aisle with every other airline because I get to choose my seat. :D

Just personal preference really.
I also very much like the idea that I can cash in some rewards points for 1st class instead of just always using them for free flights. On long trips, the extra leg room very much helps someone like me.

I fly SW 95% of the time. The seat selection thing is my only gripe. I always pay hrs extra $12.50 to gtd the A group. That way I'm assured of an isle and in is say 80% of the time get the exit row I so deeply desire at 6'4"

I was hoping to use my Delta miles for the Gauntlet. Seems like by reading this my 9,000 miles will get me dropped off in the next town jk. But seriously if that is the case I try Southwest next time for miles.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I was hoping to use my Delta miles for the Gauntlet. Seems like by reading this my 9,000 miles will get me dropped off in the next town jk. But seriously if that is the case I try Southwest next time for miles.

10k is 100 bucks off if that helps

I used to be in the anti SWA crowd. On time flights, polite employees and free bags has swayed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10k is 100 bucks off if that helps

Thank you Mike for the advice. Seems quite hard to accumilate miles. As mostly I travel with whatever airline is most convenient.

Yeah especially only getting 1 point per dollar on normal purchases

I fly SW 95% of the time. The seat selection thing is my only gripe. I always pay hrs extra $12.50 to gtd the A group. That way I'm assured of an isle and in is say 80% of the time get the exit row I so deeply desire at 6'4"

Early Bird doesn't guarantee A group. Trust me.

Back