Juice Plus Complete - Protein Shake for Golf?

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This just came in and we will have some more information on it coming soon, but I wanted to post some pictures and info to start with.

It's a protein shake that is all natural, whole food based shake mix that is gluten-free, dairy free and totally vegan.

I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you guys know how it tastes once I do.

Here's a link to their website http://www.juiceplus.com/content/JuicePlus/en/buy/juice-plus--complete-variety.html#.U3Y2bvldWL0.

i-2C69wQz-L.jpg

i-tZbWzt6-L.jpg

Interesting. I am right now trying to figure out what to eat as I am trying to get 18 in before the kids get home from school but need to eat something that won't weigh me down.

Consider my interest sparked!

Let us know GG! I'd love a nice meal replacement shake that actually worked for me.

Actually not a ton of sugar in there, I'm impressed.

Interesting product. I personally like them a bit heavier as they seem to keep my energy up better through the round and I don't have to worry about hunger kicking in on those last few holes. Will be fun to follow!

Interesting. I'm not a fan of chocolate or vanilla with shakes really. I like the more fruit flavored shakes.

We take juice plus as a family, which my wife, distributes. I just reprimanded her for not telling me they did a protein shake.

Edit: just told her to order some.

Thanks Morgan!

Super interested in hearing more about these.

I love that it's dairy free. As a person who has a dairy allergy, that's the biggest issue I have with most protein shakes.

Love me some protein shakes, definitely interested in reading your thoughts. Definitely in regards to the taste.

I just had lunch, but I normally have a snack somewhere between 3 and 5pm so I will make one of these as my snack and let you know how it tastes. I will see if I can get JB to try one flavor and I will try the other.

I love that it's dairy free. As a person who has a dairy allergy, that's the biggest issue I have with most protein shakes.

That is a huge plus for many who have dairy allergies.

I'm still looking for the protein supplement JB likes so much. Can't find the stuff.

I didn't make it too long today before needing my afternoon snack. I decided to try out the chocolate option, and I mixed it with 8oz of unsweetened Almond Milk. This keeps it dairy free for me and only adds 30 calories.

The most important part is the taste, and I thought it tasted pretty good. To me it tastes just like chocolate milk, so it gets an A from me in that category. I mixed it with a blender ball in my blender bottle, which normally takes all grit out of protein shakes, but I am still noticing a bit here. It could be because 1 scoop is roughly 1/3 cup of powder, which seems like a lot more than I am used to from other protein powders. It's definitely thicker than other shakes I have made, but not too think that I can't drink it.

Overall, I am pleased with the chocolate. Now the next test will be to see how long it keeps me full, and if it really does give me any natural energy.

i-vgQdrF3-L.jpg

i-ZmKHfcL-L.jpg

Was it smooth or chalky? How many servings per bag?
I didn't make it too long today before needing my afternoon snack. I decided to try out the chocolate option, and I mixed it with 8oz of unsweetened Almond Milk. This keeps it dairy free for me and only adds 30 calories.

The most important part is the taste, and I thought it tasted pretty good. To me it tastes just like chocolate milk, so it gets an A from me in that category. I mixed it with a blender ball in my blender bottle, which normally takes all grit out of protein shakes, but I am still noticing a bit here. It could be because 1 scoop is roughly 1/3 cup of powder, which seems like a lot more than I am used to from other protein powders. It's definitely thicker than other shakes I have made, but not too think that I can't drink it.

Overall, I am pleased with the chocolate. Now the next test will be to see how long it keeps me full, and if it really does give me any natural energy.

i-vgQdrF3-L.jpg

i-ZmKHfcL-L.jpg

It was pretty smooth, I think the issue is that I didn't add enough liquid, so it was a little gritty and very thick. With 1 scoop being 1/3 of a cup, I think it's best to add a bit more than the recommended 8 oz. At least that's what I will do from now on for my tastes.

There are roughly 15 servings per bag.

Last edited:
Well I am out this already, it's pretty big over here in the UK
I have also got the chewy tablets which are worth a mention, you take four fruit chewy tablets and four vegetables tablets, these are making a difference.
As for the milkshake, I opted for the vanilla shakes, I am going for the whole healthy eating and weight lost thing, so I am using two milkshakes to replace my lunch and currently dinner (not a fan of healthy food so good option of me!) The first week, you have to have a mass detox and this killed me, but I do feel good for it to be fair! Give it a go guys, so far so good from my point of view!

I am taking a protein supplement now and I add 12oz of soymilk vs the 8oz recommended.
It was pretty smooth, I think the issue is that I didn't add enough liquid, so it was a little gritty and very thick. With 1 scoop being 1/3 of a cup, I think it's best to add a but more than the recommended 8 oz. At least that's what I will do from now on for my tastes.

There are roughly 15 servings per bag.

It's hard for me read the label on my phone, but from I can tell it looks a lit like a body by Vii shake. For me the protein is to low in relation to the sugar and carbs, but if it tastes good and works for you that's what matters.
I use level 1 protein, it's a blend of cassein and whey which I like, gives you some sustained protein without being to chalky.

Ditto! Sounds like a good product to give a go :thumb:

There are actually15 servings per pouch as Morgan pointed out. When you order it you receive 4 pouches which will equate to 60
servings.

Well come to find out my wife has been hiding this stuff on me. Go figure. She mixes her shakes in a blender and has commented that will reduce the grittiness.

We and our children have been taking the juice plus capsules for over a year and a half now. Our children have never been find of eating fruits and vegetables and since they began taking it we've noticed a reduce in getting the common sickness.

Should you have any questions let me know.

These just showed up. The Juice Plus Complete Bars. Wholesome Grains and Cranberries and Spiced Apple Raisin. I will give one of these a try for my afternoon snack today.

0521141338a-1-L.jpg

0521141338-L.jpg

I've been looking for a different shake than what I currently take. From what I can tell it sounds like a go from your feedback. What was the $$$ per bag?

I want to say they are $30 for a month supply.
I've been looking for a different shake than what I currently take. From what I can tell it sounds like a go from your feedback. What was the $$$ per bag?

Back