Ultimate Club Testing - Hopkins Wedges - Bradenton/Sarasota

Hopefully you guys are excited for tomorrow. River Strand is a fantastic course, and will give us all an opportunity to put the Hopkins Wedges to the test.

We will start the day up at 9:30am on the range, warm up for a bit hit full shots with the new wedges to gather our thoughts on how they compare to our current gamers for full shots and then head to the short game area. There are two areas we can utilize, however to start it off we will use the area that has the most options for different lies we might see on the course. We will get some work in on short pitch and chips from a standard lie, tight lies and lies in deep rough. Those shots will range from green side to close to 50 yards. This area also has a decent sized practice bunker that we can work out of as well.

We will spend a good bit of time there, and then can move to the smaller area that will simulate greenside pitch and chip shots.

After this, it will be time to wrap the preround testing up and head to the course for our tee times.

Also, remember that during the rounds that we will need to update this thread with our thoughts and on course results we have with the Hopkins Wedges.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Party planner in training

Sounds like a great itinerary. Thanks for putting it together War

Apparently CVS and Walgreens around here aren't 24 hours. I had to go buy Aleve at a gas station. A gas station, which according to Troy's phone, didn't exist last night.

Play well today boys and have fun!! I'll be following along today.

Okie dokie fellas, today they get the workout. One thing I like is a great wedge and I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys like these and how they perform for you.

Since this one is rather interesting recently, we will be starting a new thread this morning called Hopkins Wedge Review - Live Update Thread. Each person will post their reviews all day as they test them out.

Hopefully you guys are excited for tomorrow. River Strand is a fantastic course, and will give us all an opportunity to put the Hopkins Wedges to the test.

We will start the day up at 9:30am on the range, warm up for a bit hit full shots with the new wedges to gather our thoughts on how they compare to our current gamers for full shots and then head to the short game area. There are two areas we can utilize, however to start it off we will use the area that has the most options for different lies we might see on the course. We will get some work in on short pitch and chips from a standard lie, tight lies and lies in deep rough. Those shots will range from green side to close to 50 yards. This area also has a decent sized practice bunker that we can work out of as well.

We will spend a good bit of time there, and then can move to the smaller area that will simulate greenside pitch and chip shots.

After this, it will be time to wrap the preround testing up and head to the course for our tee times.

Also, remember that during the rounds that we will need to update this thread with our thoughts and on course results we have with the Hopkins Wedges.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Quoting myself for those that might have missed it.

Since this one is rather interesting recently, we will be starting a new thread this morning called Hopkins Wedge Review - Live Update Thread. Each person will post their reviews all day as they test them out.

Looking forward to following along with you guys during the testing and round. Pics please.

9agabema.jpg
. Love this place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any other testers getting a lil rusting??? I'll have to grab some pics, but my wedge is getting a fine layer..

Any other testers getting a lil rusting??? I'll have to grab some pics, but my wedge is getting a fine layer..

Yes sir, and the rust looks sooo good.

First post - love the site and the extensive discussion of the Hopkins wedges. Read a lot about the looks and your amazingly creative custom options, but not how they perform. I've ordered a 56 bent to 55 full grind and 60 wide sole based on my Oregon conditions; they've got to be better than my Callaway Big Bertha Tour Series (yes they are that old!). What has been your experience with your wedges?

Last edited:
First post - love the site and the extensive discussion of the Hopkins wedges. Read a lot about the looks and your amazingly creative custom options, but not how they perform. I've ordered a 56 bent to 55 full grind and 60 wide sole based on my Oregon conditions; they've got to be better than my Callaway Big Bertha Tour Series (yes they are that old!). What has been your experience with your wedges?

First off, welcome to THP!

I think that they may have taken their thoughts over to this thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?45818-Hopkins-Golf-Wedges-Preview-Thread

If they haven't yet, there's about 1400 posts in there packed with first hand experiences, including my own.

So ordered my 56 & 60 last Tuesday, but having heard nothing e-mailed them over the weekend to get an update. They e-mailed back today (Monday) to say they were being shipped today and sorry for the delay. Responding to my next inquiry they said yes they had upgraded to next day air, so they should be here tomorrow!

That's the good news - the bad is that the Oregon Amateur, our state's oldest and largest golf tournament, is being held today through Saturday at the OGA course where I live and everything is closed to the public! Maybe as President of our Golf Course Board they'll let me find a vacant space to try these out?

:welcome: glad to have you aboard HB, head over to the check in desk and introduce yourself http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Check-In-Desk

Back