Cobra Design Lab Preview

I had a hunch this was coming based on some things they said talking about customization when we were out there for the Cobra event, very freaking cool.

That driver is sweet. Can't wait to see what Lucky THPer gets to bag that.

Other than the one pictured, which has retired military toad written all over it, I just designed another hot looking winner.
Black and Red DigiCam crown, Red grip, Black and red RIP Phenom 60. It just looks like it's going to kick someone's arse.

That is freaking sick looking. Awesome news about the contest too!

This is cool! Give away you say?

Here is how the story goes.
Cobra: We are asking places to design a driver for launch and we will send it to them.
THP: We want to give it away, is that cool?
Cobra: Would you like to make a 2nd one?
THP: No, you guys made us one when we were out there last trip.
Cobra: This is going to be fun, and thanks for sharing it with your readers, now that is cool.
THP: Hope others follow suit, its too cool not too, and some lucky THPer is going to get an awesome driver.

That is so cool!!

Now I am having to look at an orange and white model....

I like the idea but think the execution is lacking somewhat, if the release says school colors, ok so where is burnt orange for the university of Texas, or purple and gold for LSU. I think more colors and a licensing deal would make it more appealing because I see many golfers who show off their favorite sports teams on the course. So the idea is sound but needs tweaking.

A bag of skittles has the rainbow inside, but I can't customize my choice of what's inside. Anything an OEM does to make it personal is great, icing on the cake. It's still the same cake, but this one is all me.

I'm getting hungry for some sweets!

That is awesome. Cobra is giving it's consumers to customize how they address the ball from the tee box. Love that.

The driver customized for THP is sick looking. Did someone mention contest?!?!

Holy Cow that is an amazing, really would love to get that beauty in hand and in the bag.

JB, Morgan and Cobra killing it for lucky THPer. Oh man that is incredible!

Loved the BC+ numbers I was getting off the LM in Lake Charles.

That's one bad mother trucker. Looking forward to the chance to win it!

I was thinking Atari when I first looked at it. How cool is that?! :) Brand new nostalgic driver

This design looks incredible in person! It reminds me of an old school Nintendo game.

Here is how the story goes.
Cobra: We are asking places to design a driver for launch and we will send it to them.
THP: We want to give it away, is that cool?
Cobra: Would you like to make a 2nd one?
THP: No, you guys made us one when we were out there last trip.
Cobra: This is going to be fun, and thanks for sharing it with your readers, now that is cool.
THP: Hope others follow suit, its too cool not too, and some lucky THPer is going to get an awesome driver.

Such a THP thing to do. Well done.

That is one great looking club!!! And to think that THP is giving it away is just unreal!!!

The driver looks amazing. So awesome to hear that this will be a content item. #Oneofakind

The green digital camo makes a great contest with Memorial Day coming up.

Slap a D+ in this bad boy and I would have my pick!
biocell.png

Edit: Of course the prize inside the box would be worth the crackers too! My son would love that camo, looks a lot like one of his fav games...MineCraft. He will flip when he sees it on the forum tonight.

The custome options look great.

The driver that will be given away is beautiful.

Huge thanks to THP and Cobra

Awesome looking driver and a great prize for some lucky THPer!

Also, I'm pretty sure that orange and black driver is calling my name. Now to just find a black and orange shaft...

That is one sweet looking driver. Can't wait for that contest.

Pretty awesome, that's for sure. I love that driver with digital camo like design. Really pops.

That driver looks AWESOME. Cobra customizing drivers is a huge deal. Looking forward to checking the site out and to seeing the THP contest coming up.

A bag of skittles has the rainbow inside, but I can't customize my choice of what's inside. Anything an OEM does to make it personal is great, icing on the cake. It's still the same cake, but this one is all me.

I'm getting hungry for some sweets!

I understand the sentiment but at $449 places it $50 more than say the SLDR, and more than the regular retail. At that price point of an extra $50 the paint job should be basically any color in the pallet like going to Lowes or Home Depot. At the surface of the area to be painted would you pay that same rate for a paint job on your car? I like the driver I've hit it a handful of times don't own one and not saying this doesn't have some appeal just saying I think it could have more.

I understand your thoughts. Custom is not always all you can eat and I use my spoon for ice cream. Sometimes before the main plate at the buffet too. $50 for a t-shirt would make me want to pop tags. Then again, I prefer the Bio to the SLDR so I may be biased. It's not black and white I guess.

Back