Do you clean your grips?

TTime

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. If you do clean your grips, how often?

I do not clean them that often maybe biweekly with a little water and a brush

Clean them once every 5 uses or so with Lamkin Gripes. Best $6 you'll ever spend on golf.

Hawk and GG are wise. Gripes all the way for me.

They really do work.

Hawk and GG are wise. Gripes all the way for me.

They really do work.

Not only that, but no mess and no hassle of dealing with soap/water.

Not only that, but no mess and no hassle of dealing with soap/water.

Precisely, and you can do it anywhere. Home, course, range, whatever.

I got a few gripes samples last time I bought lamkin grips, I need to try them

I cleaned mine last week with the Gripes and finally remembered to put the package in my bag.

Love Gripes! I use them often between periodic scrubbings.

JM

Cool, finally started cleaning my grips a couple weeks ago, and didn't want to overdo it… Gonna check out lamkin gripes soon.

I always used a mild dish soap and soft brush but am going to have to give Gripes a go.

I do not clean my golf club grips ... never occurred to me. But I do replace them when they show wear ... does that count? :)

Indeed I do, i wipe them down after a very shot and they get scrubbed before every round. One of the most underrated pieces of equipment in your bag.

Yes. bout every other week

I need to get some Gripes, mine are due for a good cleaning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I use Tacki Mac Itomic grips... they are very similar to the Lamkin Iomic grips in texture and sticky-ness... I clean mine the night before or the morning of every round I play....I use clorox wipes on them and then wipe them off with a dry towel and it brings them right back to that new sticky soft feeling. I have a Lamkin Iomic on one of my driver shafts and I clean it the same way and get the same result. I have used the Lamkin Gripes, and they work great on the Lamkin grip, but on the tacki macs they seem to dry them out a bit too much and take away the sticky feel.

Definitely pick up some gripes! Great investment and you will be very surprised how great they work

Usally scrub the grips every couple of weeks. Need to try these Gripes though.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I clean them after or before every round, depending on what I've got going. Dish soap & water with a nylon brush is all I use. But I should mention that I don't wear a glove so having them clean is pretty essential.

Some of the responses as far as not or never cleaning grips are pretty amazing - your only connection to the club is through the grip ...

Title pretty much says it all. If you do clean your grips, how often?

When my opponent cries.

Or with Gripes. Whichever.

Yes, I use Gripes and probably once a month I'll give them a good cleaning.

Back