What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a really fun round playing on a new course today. Tee it up with my brother in law who's a stud golfer and actually held my own. I shot a 40/38 and he went 38/38 for a 78 for me and 76 for him. No doubles for me and lots of burned edge birdie putts with only one dropping in the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42/40-82. Played real solid today. Didn't really have my driver going (it was ok today) but the rest of my game was in good form. I cured the chunks that I had yesterday and was hitting the ball much better with my irons. Had 2 doubles and nothing higher which is good for me. Overall it was a good round and my lowest score of the season. I think if I can get the driver going like it was in my previous rounds I'll be good to go this season.

First round if the year 79 (37/42). Could have been a few strokes lower, but is hit the wrong club into 17 which led to a double. Was able to hit it , find it, and score. I will take it.

51-44/95 on the same course I had a 79 on last week. We played the black tees that added 600 yards but all the good bounces I got last week turned into bad ones today. Golf Gods give and take away. Played with one of our newest members BogeyTrain who showed up with 20 year old butter knife blades and kicked our butts. j4u and kc720 put on their usual longdrive show and we finished right before the severe weather hit. The Colorado crew and THP has gained a good new member in Jeremy and I look forward to playing with him some more.

8 FW
only 1 GIR
33 putts
5 penalties
5 bunkers hit

Last edited:
+4 39 Same course I shot par. It's an easy course but it is what it is I guess. 6/7 FIR 2/9 GIR. 16 putts. 1 birdie. 4 bogeys. 4 pars.

What did you shoot today?

(-1) for 35 at Lakes of Taylor in Taylor, MI. One eagle, one birdie, and two bogeys. Six fairways and 13 putts.

It was my first league match and I shot a 47. I really like how I was swinging though, but had 5 strokes of penalties on silly short game shots out of rough that went OB. Putting and driving were awesome, irons were good, just some bad decisions on the short game. It's one of those rounds that felt a lot better than the score.

Taps away

Strange, strange day on the course. 46/38 for 84. Mountain Course at Mirror Lake Golf Club. Gold tees - 72.3 rating, 140 slope, 6,596 yards. 5 Fairways hit, 5 GIR, 14 GIRP, 4 penalty strokes, 31 putts. 3 birdies (all on the back nine), 4 pars, 7 bogies, 4 Dbls.

Got the duck hooks with the Bertha driver and could not shake them on the front nine. 4 tee shots snap hooked into hazards causing 4 penalty strokes. Got it working a little bit better on the back.

+3 39 today, 2 birds, took a triple after putting a second shot in the drink and proceeding to black out for the rest of the hole hahaha

SOLID day off the tee though, man its coming around there in a big way for me.

+4 39 Same course I shot par. It's an easy course but it is what it is I guess. 6/7 FIR 2/9 GIR. 16 putts. 1 birdie. 4 bogeys. 4 pars.

(-1) for 35 at Lakes of Taylor in Taylor, MI. One eagle, one birdie, and two bogeys. Six fairways and 13 putts.

+3 39 today, 2 birds, took a triple after putting a second shot in the drink and proceeding to black out for the rest of the hole hahaha

Some really nice playing, guys.

+3 with a triple is solid dude. Things seem to be really coming around man. I'm looking forward to seeing it all in person.

Time for some refresher training through SPI

Strange, strange day on the course. 46/38 for 84. Mountain Course at Mirror Lake Golf Club. Gold tees - 72.3 rating, 140 slope, 6,596 yards. 5 Fairways hit, 5 GIR, 14 GIRP, 4 penalty strokes, 31 putts. 3 birdies (all on the back nine), 4 pars, 7 bogies, 4 Dbls.

Got the duck hooks with the Bertha driver and could not shake them on the front nine. 4 tee shots snap hooked into hazards causing 4 penalty strokes. Got it working a little bit better on the back.

Strong finish Barry.

46/39 yesterday two holes kept me from finally breaking 80

9 GIR and 9 FW's
3 penalties (2 of them caused by tin cup mentality going for par 5's in two ) and 4 three putts :angry:

Last night I shot 45/44 for an 89 at Indian Boundary Golf Course in Chicago. First round in the 80s this year! Course is only 6068 yards, but I'll gladly take it. Front is par 35 and back is par 37, so I'm really glad with the improvement on the back.

I ended up taking 3 penalty strokes, which was a major bummer. I would have birdied the 9th, had my tee shot not gone off into the woods. I also had a great chance for birdie on the first, but my putt lipped out.

With the exception of a couple terrible swings, Bertha treated me well. I think I've got her dialed in. SpeedBlade irons were point and shoot.

Time to build on this momentum over the weekend.

Nice work cc! Sounds like things are coming together for you and we're just getting started with the season.

Thanks Hawk! Lessons are paying off, and I'm feeling like I'm in mid season form thanks to the warm weather golf I was able to play this winter and spring.

Thanks Hawk! Lessons are paying off, and I'm feeling like I'm in mid season form thanks to the warm weather golf I was able to play this winter and spring.

I've got a pretty stacked summer coming up, but hopefully we can find time to tee it up this year.

I've got a pretty stacked summer coming up, but hopefully we can find time to tee it up this year.

Same here. Too much wedding craziness going on, and that's with 3 other wedding than ours all within 6 weeks :-/ If you're not travelling Father's day weekend, I might be able to make my way out west.

Hmmmmmm. I don't think I am. We could even meet in the middle somewhere. Lemme see and I'll get in touch w/ you.

35(+4) and 33(+2). It was a great ball striking day. The 33 was 8 pars and one double bogey. Darn friends, making me laugh while I try to putt with their random conversations.

~Rock

42/43-85. Killed the driver but poor chipping added a good 5 strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back