Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I believe I am making the move to the Big Bertha. Love the Alpha, but playing this one gives me an extra layer of forgiveness that I absolutely love.

That was honestly my takeaway when hitting them both, but it was into a net. Alpha has a better headcover, though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

That was honestly my takeaway when hitting them both, but it was into a net. Alpha has a better headcover, though.

For the most-part I agree, but it depends on WHICH Bertha HC you compare it to...

C0FE6BF2-EEE0-434F-A695-932C2DA06625_zpsefcko0yt.jpg

:alien:

Cheater.

I had another awesome day driving today with the Bertha. There were a few holes that called for less than driver, but I hit 8/9 fairways on the driver holes. The one I missed actually went through the dogleg into a bunker I've never reached. Everything was going straight or just a slight bit of fade. Swing easy and let it fly! Drove of the day was 250 perfecly straight into the wind. This driver has given me so much confidence on the tee, it's just sick.

Just have to take advantage of the improved driving.

Another great day with Bertha. 9/14 FWs, but the misses were good misses. I'm pulling driver more than ever.

Pulling my driver right now. Since I set it to the draw setting I have made some swing changes and am hitting it much further but pulling it. Wondering if I need to go back to the N setting.

Pulling my driver right now. Since I set it to the draw setting I have made some swing changes and am hitting it much further but pulling it. Wondering if I need to go back to the N setting.

Most of the time, changing the face angle will not rectify this.

Most of the time, changing the face angle will not rectify this.

It's just weird because I have never ever in my life pulled my driver. At most it was a fade. I have a lesson Monday night so hopefully we can rectify this.

Another great day with Bertha. 9/14 FWs, but the misses were good misses. I'm pulling driver more than ever.

It made me smile to see you killing that thing buddy, I kept telling Rancey how the lessons and finding the Big Bertha have transformed your game. It is a sight to behold.

Personally today I hit 11/13 FWs with the Big Bertha, I really did not have the A game to day but it seems that BB doesn't care, it is just a fairway finding machine.

Last edited:
It's just weird because I have never ever in my life pulled my driver. At most it was a fade. I have a lesson Monday night so hopefully we can rectify this.

Those two things are caused by the same issue. Coming over the top.

Went 6 of 7 for fairways on the back 9 today on my first go round with the Big Bertha. For someone who has NEVER been able to hit driver, I'm ecstatic. The one miss was a ball I played my usual fade on that just went straight (and long). I love this thing already.

Putt Bertha back into play today (big thanks to Kang again). She's got some bite and definitely is taking some time to transition from the lightweight Optiforce. I hit a could really nice drives with it and am looking forward to being old friends come July.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

For the most-part I agree, but it depends on WHICH Bertha HC you compare it to...

Absolutely love that Masters head cover.

I had another interesting day with Bertha yesterday. Only 4 fwy hit. Still working hard to get a predictable miss. Had some left and some right.

Love that headcover Jman! Where did you pick that up from? Would match my green bag perfectly.

Tap tap taparoo

Josh, what was your previous driver?

r u using the stock stiff?

Had a poor ball striking day with my woods today, but I was impressed with how playable (and long!) my mishits were with the Big Bertha. Nothing out of play, which was great. I'm really happy with this driver on both the good and bad days.

I hit one this weekend at Golfsmith......got it adjusted just right and was hitting mid high baby draws that carried forever....ponder mode activatied

I hit one this weekend at Golfsmith......got it adjusted just right and was hitting mid high baby draws that carried forever....ponder mode activatied
Tim what setting? I assume stock shaft.

Another round this morning with BB and hit 11/14 FW and the ones I missed were in the first cut. I even had a few over 250 and one that went 272. Granted that hole has a downslope, but it still put a good swing on it.

Once you get the settings dialed in, this driver is a beast. This year the only club that comes close IMO is the BIO Cell.

After playing 9 Saturday and struggling with a big right miss I moved the sliding weight to the draw - 3 setting on the range today. After getting warmed up I settled in and started seeing some very consistent results. I wouldn't say I took the right side out of the "course" but aside from a few mental/tired swings I keeping drive after drive in the "fairway" on the range. The distance was noticeably longer than I'm used to as well. I aimed on the left flag and watched the ball fall right off that line. I can't wait to keep working with this driver!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd be curious to see the direct impact of thinking with the sliding weight. I didn't have 1 long enough to tinker, and not that I would have anyhow but I'm curious nonetheless.

I'd be curious to see the direct impact of thinking with the sliding weight. I didn't have 1 long enough to tinker, and not that I would have anyhow but I'm curious nonetheless.

Unlike the other drivers out there sliding weights, it actually works and works well, its all about the location. Saw it with multiple users in my testing for the review on the homepage.

Unlike the other drivers out there sliding weights, it actually works and works well, its all about the location. Saw it with multiple users in my testing for the review on the homepage.

+1 the apw flat out works

Back