What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an 85 on a par 72 (The Warrior in China Grove, NC). My previous personal best was a 85!!:bananadance:

What did you shoot today?

Just had a very inconsistent day today. I played extremely well for stretches of golf and played poorly for other stretches. I just couldn't seem to pull it all together. I shot a 45/45 90 today on a brand new (to me) course. I was really encouraged with stretches of my game. There were definitely positives to take away from today and gave me a good idea of what I need to work on

Last edited:
We played the whites (though they were rather far back). We had 2 seniors and a fairly new golfer in the group, and since my game is still a little suspect, I had no objections to playing the whites. BTW. I took a 6 on #6 and ran to the next tee. :) I think the group shot 95, 95, 92, 86. It was tough.

Shot a 40/38 - 78 on a par 70 West Point, NY Course. Finally getting a little consistency this year.

83 today with a shaky front and a steady back. Birdie and greenie worth $26 bucks in league though. Got one more round tomorrow. I played golf swing today which was dumb. When I did so well on Thursday it was just relaxed and free wheeling. Really going to try for that tomorrow.

JM

83 today with a shaky front and a steady back. Birdie and greenie worth $26 bucks in league though. Got one more round tomorrow. I played golf swing today which was dumb. When I did so well on Thursday it was just relaxed and free wheeling. Really going to try for that tomorrow.

JM

I played golf swing today too JM. After just playing "golf" on Friday. Go figure I scored much better on Friday then today.

I played golf swing today too JM. After just playing "golf" on Friday. Go figure I scored much better on Friday then today.

She is a fickle mistress, but I love her!

JM

I think that is what happened to me on Saturday....Friday I just stroked my drives down the middle all day (except the 2 OOB holes).....Saturday I felt like I was trying to "steer" the ball all day.

37 - 40 = 77. Left arm was barking at me pretty loudly starting on 13 so no more for me until SeeMore Extravaganza. Long game was much better than Friday but still not where it should be.

47/38 today. Booked an afternoon time as a single and was paired up with a guy who I've come across before, and I knew he had a good game to match up with. Struck it ok on the front but had a few not awful shots put me in tough spots. Ended up in bunker next to tight pins where I just missed hitting the green.

On the back, the skies turned dark and some area weather seemed to scare some folks off the course because we didn't see anyone the rest of the way despite picking up our pace trying to beat the weather. The quick pace really suited my game on the back, and I basically played in regulation the whole way. Overshot a LW on a par 5 approach and ended up having to hit a nice flop and a two putt bogey, and had a three putt as well. Good round overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a very inconsistent day today. I played extremely well for stretches of golf and played poorly for other stretches. I just couldn't seem to pull it all together. I shot a 45/45 90 today on a brand new (to me) course. I was really encouraged with stretches of my game. There were definitely positives to take away from today and gave me a good idea of what I need to work on

We were both inconsistant but if we played that course again i bet we would both be 6stokes better easily just knowing the layout.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Played 36 holes today at StoneyBrook West in Winter Garden. First 18 shot 45/45. Had some real good birdie and par opportunities that I let get away. Got it together on the second 18 and went 44/45. Still not where I want to be though. Going to keep working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 2 man scramble today with my dad. We ended up 2 under, and played pretty good team golf. I had two solo birdies which made me happy, and used a majority of my shots but not as many as I would have liked. Playing again tomorrow.

I'm in a slump. Big one. Haven't broke 90 in the last 5 rounds - all in the last week. Back nine on my last round of the four I played this weekend was finally little better. Relaxed and just swung away it was night/day. Issue is off the tee. Lots and lots and lots of penalties and if I'm in play there is a 75% chance I'm in the rough, which is too thick to hit anything lower than 8 iron out of. Feeling a bit bummed out by all that b/c the irons/wedges are pretty good, but 175 yard from rough = might as well write a double down. I suck!

We were both inconsistant but if we played that course again i bet we would both be 6stokes better easily just knowing the layout.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Had a blast playing with you bro. Your partner in Indy next week is one lucky guy!

I'm in a slump. Big one. Haven't broke 90 in the last 5 rounds - all in the last week. Back nine on my last round of the four I played this weekend was finally little better. Relaxed and just swung away it was night/day. Issue is off the tee. Lots and lots and lots of penalties and if I'm in play there is a 75% chance I'm in the rough, which is too thick to hit anything lower than 8 iron out of. Feeling a bit bummed out by all that b/c the irons/wedges are pretty good, but 175 yard from rough = might as well write a double down. I suck!

It's like you logged in as me...guess we can both peak in july.

Keep grinding

I know exactly how you feel dude. We will just hit our stride in July, no big deal.

Hang in there Hawk. The amount of work you have put in is gonna all come together soon. I've enjoyed the winter in the practice thread. You have the game dude. I know it

I know exactly how you feel dude. We will just hit our stride in July, no big deal.

Yea that's what I told myself. I've got some things working. Just need to work on the driver. Lesson this week or early next and we'll address it. This whole year the stupid driver has been an issue and it's normally a club I keep in play.

Hang in there Hawk. The amount of work you have put in is gonna all come together soon. I've enjoyed the winter in the practice thread. You have the game dude. I know it

Thanks dude! Taking a day off and will give another go next week.

Hold the course, Hawk. Your work will pay great dividends.

Nah I got that u take care of the iron thingys

They are actually good dude. Better than ever. Just not getting a chance to hit them from <3" grass very often. Ha.

We played the whites (though they were rather far back). We had 2 seniors and a fairly new golfer in the group, and since my game is still a little suspect, I had no objections to playing the whites. BTW. I took a 6 on #6 and ran to the next tee. :) I think the group shot 95, 95, 92, 86. It was tough.

Nice man. If your not in the trees off of that hole your doing good. I'll take a bogey all day there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back