Project X LZ Handmade Shaft - The Creation

Great to hear that it seems to be working love fairway finders

I have GOT to stop reading all of this. Would love to try one of these out, and I traditionally do not care for PX.

I never have but the shaft is different from anything I have swung of theirs

another 27 holes with the shaft yesterday and the more i use this shaft the more comfortable i get with it and the more i really love this shaft. Its so hard to explain this shaft in words its honestly a little weird to swing at first it just feels different than any other shaft i've ever swung before. but the best thing i noticed about it yesterday was that an easy swing was producing great distance still i didn't have to swing hard to see my normal distance. i could swing easier which in turn was making me consistent and accurate with my shots. I also was talking to Freddie and he said something that i completely agree with. "if a shaft can be forgiving it seems that this one is" and maybe that is because i don't have to swing hard to get this completely loaded and an easier swing usually ends up with better accuracy for me. I did go after a few balls with mixed results i do think i could have went with a 6.5 flex and still been fine but i know i did go over the top when i went after them so i think it can handle my swing speed i just havn't been swinging great and when i was going hard i put a bad swing on it. i think 2 of them went right and 2 went straight and far. The First hole the starter actually came up to me and told me what a great drive i had i think i was 60 yards to the pin right in the center of the fairway. I was finding the fairway A LOT yesterday when i wasn't trying to mess with things to see how it would react to different swings and what not. when i took a normal smooth swing i was finding the fairway or driving through the fairway on the exact like i thought would be good. The other thing is i really think this shaft would be great for people with slower swing speeds as well maybe less flex and less weight i could see this working out great for a wide variety of golfers because of that loading zone and being able to load the shaft with an easier swing. the other thing i LOVE is how it feels and how i can feel the driver club head when i swing the club i know exactly where my club head is during my swing which is something mentally i just need to be consistent with a driver. the weight of the Alpha i believe helps with that a lot but i know the whip thats in the shaft also helps. its really been a good gamble for me buying this and chancing it would work well for me because honestly it could have been bad but its easily becoming my favorite shaft that i've ever swung its just that good... i'm already contemplating getting a 6.5 to see how that feels and putting whatever i like less in another club.... but that might be down the road a bit when the price goes down a bit.

I have GOT to stop reading all of this. Would love to try one of these out, and I traditionally do not care for PX.

I'm not a huge fan of theirs either James, but I HAVE to hit this shaft sometime soon..

I never have but the shaft is different from anything I have swung of theirs
Freddie, I know you have some experience with the Kiyoshi Purple. And I have read some reviews about that shaft that compares it to a gate hinging under the hands, does the loading zone of this shaft give a similar feel? Based on the thoughts from Buck, I kind of feel like this shaft might give that feeling..

Freddie, I know you have some experience with the Kiyoshi Purple. And I have read some reviews about that shaft that compares it to a gate hinging under the hands, does the loading zone of this shaft give a similar feel? Based on the thoughts from Buck, I kind of feel like this shaft might give that feeling..

For me the delivery was not more deliberate with the purple. the LZ is smooth and it's it's there before you know it, you understand what I'm saying. Maybe I'm used to have to work hard through the zone and that isn't need with the LZ

This might be the best shaft i have ever used. Its amazing how taking an easy swing loads this shaft so well and how accurate it still is. It still has been a bit of a learning curve for me to find the right swing (speed mainly) to properly load it and see its best performance. But taking a smooth easier swing is the money swing with this shaft. I really got in a groove with it yesterday and it was launching some bombs with perfect trajectory. i really want to get on a launch monitor and see some numbers my ball speed has to have jumped a bit cause this shaft really has launched some balls that are moving quicker than i'm used to seeing they just go far and fast. I want to also go hit a small bucket and keep working on grooving this newer smoother swing down so i keep seeing these better results there were a few times i know i got a little fast and i lost the ball to the right that seems to be my miss when i try to go after one a little bit to much. i really am curious about the 6.5 i think that could be even better and would have been an easier transition for me with how i normally swing but how i can i complain about that to much when i'm seeing the results i am.

Buck swing easy with a driver? I've got to see this to believe it. I hate you Buck. I hate reading this latest positive time you had with the shaft/driver. Makes me want want want! Last few times I've played golf with you you were hitting your drives pretty low......long, but low. So is it more of a mid flight for you now? Is it going higher than the stock shaft?

Buck swing easy with a driver? I've got to see this to believe it. I hate you Buck. I hate reading this latest positive time you had with the shaft/driver. Makes me want want want! Last few times I've played golf with you you were hitting your drives pretty low......long, but low. So is it more of a mid flight for you now? Is it going higher than the stock shaft?

its def a mid flight its much higher than you saw in Myrtle. its supposed to be a low launch shaft and i do have driver cranked to 11* but its the perfect flight for me i would say its comparable to the stock flight wise but hard to say for sure since i didn't hit it much more than that first weekend i had it and was tinkering a bit that weekend.

Great feedback Buck. I knew you would fall in love with this one.

Great feedback Buck. I knew you would fall in love with this one.

It keep surprising me. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have a 6.5 down the road

I have to agree with Buck, this shaft has a learning curve. On Saturday I played a fairly tight golf course that required some tight lines. I was worried but loosing shots right as I was getting after it. But to my pleasure the ball did what I needed it to do.

I'm still not feeling that big kick but I'm also not feeling that it's not responsive. I hit two on the heal when playing a fade up the left side and knew it right away. There was not a lot of movement when trying to work the ball. The ball flight was consistent and if I needed to climb the stairs to the top floor it was more than capable. It's a solid match with my BB

I've noticed very similar results as Freddie with this shaft. The first round was nice and smooth, penetrating flight and right where I wanted. The second round was a little off, and everything had a bit of a fade to it. Today was back to the first round, smoother swing and much better results again.

I need to stop coming in here.

Great stuff guys.

That machine that puts the graphics on them is awesome.
It looks like a commercial iron press that you'd use to press fabrics.

*I haven't read the whole thread, so if someone has already said that ... whoops, my bad!

I have to agree with Buck, this shaft has a learning curve. On Saturday I played a fairly tight golf course that required some tight lines. I was worried but loosing shots right as I was getting after it. But to my pleasure the ball did what I needed it to do.

I'm still not feeling that big kick but I'm also not feeling that it's not responsive. I hit two on the heal when playing a fade up the left side and knew it right away. There was not a lot of movement when trying to work the ball. The ball flight was consistent and if I needed to climb the stairs to the top floor it was more than capable. It's a solid match with my BB

Finally put mine through some paces last night. Odd shaft feeling, but not in a bad way.

100% agree about not feeling the kick. Very consistent and tight ball flight. Hit every fairway with it last night and the distance was surprisingly good considering it didn't "feel" like I was getting the most out of the shaft.

Due to how consistent the shaft seems to perform I'd actually like to try out the 50 for sh%ts and giggles.

I have an New York State AM qualifier this weekend to represent my club at the NYS AM we are hosting. With how the shaft performed, it might be in the bag for it.

Finally put mine through some paces last night. Odd shaft feeling, but not in a bad way.

100% agree about not feeling the kick. Very consistent and tight ball flight. Hit every fairway with it last night and the distance was surprisingly good considering it didn't "feel" like I was getting the most out of the shaft.

Due to how consistent the shaft seems to perform I'd actually like to try out the 50 for sh%ts and giggles.

I have an New York State AM qualifier this weekend to represent my club at the NYS AM we are hosting. With how the shaft performed, it might be in the bag for it.

I want to try the 70g, just to compare. There is big difference in release than any other shaft I've played.

azyda2am.jpg

This thing is freaking sweet. You can feel the wraps in the load zone in the shaft. Trying to decide how long to trim it putting the tip on today. Stay at 47 or go a little shorter.

BTW this thing looks crazy good in person. Love the green numbers on it.

I want to try the 70g, just to compare. There is big difference in release than any other shaft I've played.

We can switch in September.

Just picked up a 70 gram version to put in the 3 Deep, should be able to get it out on the course on Sunday.

2rqm16w.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dude. Good luck with it.

Well, hello there...

ubarevym.jpg

So much want. Just an awesome shaft.

Back