TaylorMade Project (a) Balls Review Thread

Played 18 with this last Saturday. My thoughts are pretty much the same. I don't think that the ball is particularly long off the tee. Just average. I am convinced that it has cut down on side spin off the tee though. Maybe it is just me.

Long irons and hybrids fall into the same thought line as the tee shots. Not long, but consistent.

The short irons and particularly the wedges is where this ball earns it's reputation. Great feel from 100 yards and closer in. I had several chips that really checked up nicely just as I hoped that they would. They feel really good coming off the face of the putter as well.

While the Project A is not my favorite ball it does have a firm grasp on 2nd only behind the e6.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This will be my gamer. Picked up a dozen at Walmart this AM. Played 18 holes with one ball.
It is sooo good when I hit a wedge. I had two awesome shots that checked from 50 to 100 yards that wouldn't have stuck with my normal gamer.
Held great lines putting.

Even won closest to the pin on a 176 yard Par 3. Hit a 7 iron with a very light fade. Ball hit pin high and barely roled. Wound up 7 foot from cup. Made the put 2!
I hit a ball two days ago In almost the same spot with same ball flight that rolled off the back. I was using a ProV1x then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played 18 with this last Saturday. My thoughts are pretty much the same. I don't think that the ball is particularly long off the tee. Just average. I am convinced that it has cut down on side spin off the tee though. Maybe it is just me.

Long irons and hybrids fall into the same thought line as the tee shots. Not long, but consistent.

The short irons and particularly the wedges is where this ball earns it's reputation. Great feel from 100 yards and closer in. I had several chips that really checked up nicely just as I hoped that they would. They feel really good coming off the face of the putter as well.

While the Project A is not my favorite ball it does have a firm grasp on 2nd only behind the e6.

My experiences with the (a) have been similar Justin. While I would not say the ball is short off the tee, I'm sure there are longer balls out there. But, I don't feel penalized off the tee with it, and I do love the action on approach shots. Even mid irons seem to check up pretty well. My next test with the (a) will be heads up against the E6. But, I'm on hold with that for awhile until I get my stitches out. LOL.

Played this ball for the first time today. Extremely impressed with the performance and durability. Probably my favorite TM ball since the TP3

Played this ball for the first time today. Extremely impressed with the performance and durability. Probably my favorite TM ball since the TP3

Ur welcome :)

I took these out for some short game practice today, I am amazed at the spin I can get out of these on a 40 yard pitch. It took me a while before I got brave enough to throw it all the way back to the pin because everything was checking up way too short.

I took these out for some short game practice today, I am amazed at the spin I can get out of these on a 40 yard pitch. It took me a while before I got brave enough to throw it all the way back to the pin because everything was checking up way too short.

The spin on short shots is amazing on these and the TP line

The spin on short shots is amazing on these and the TP line

I've not tried the TP line yet, but it makes me smile when I see these jump around on the green. I am generally a low spin guy, and am not use to seeing that.

Thanks for all the reviews on this. I have been wanting to try these and will be picking a dozen up now.

Just not very long for me off any club. Distance and spin better with SR1 for me.

I played them today and was pretty impressed.... Not super long, but plenty of spin around the greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to judge distance real well because it was so wet out, but it didn't seem to be any shorter than any usual ball I would use. I love the durability of the cover and the grip around the greens. Feels great at impact as well

It is 10 to 15 yards shorter for me off a driver.
The plus is for some odd reason I can hit my 3 wood longer with them.

Driver isn't firing on all cylinders for me at the moment. Unless I'm playing a Par 5 I put it down

It is 10 to 15 yards shorter for me off a driver.
The plus is for some odd reason I can hit my 3 wood longer with them.

Driver isn't firing on all cylinders for me at the moment. Unless I'm playing a Par 5 I put it down

Shorter compared to which ball?

No more reviews of the Project A ball for a couple weeks for me as I have sent my Speedblades back to TM today for reshafting. I tried my back up clubs and it was ugly even by my low standards. Sorry, guys.

Took the project a out for a comparison today. Put it up against the Bridgestone 330rx and rxs. Wasn't seeing the ridiculous roll back I was seeing in Texas, but still performed well. This was with a 9 iron.

Project a:
ypytagu6.jpg

B330 RX:
henu9a8y.jpg

B330rxs:
aze9y9a7.jpg

Overall I think the RX was more consistent for me, but the (a) did perform quite well.

Put the Project A against the B330 RX today and the latter was the winner hands down. The Bridgestone ball was a good 10-15 yards farther than the Project A off the tee, even on a couple of holes where it was downwind. The B330 RX was great off the irons as well, however, both are very good as far as holding on the greens. There's not as much side spin either with the B330 RX...So now I have a dozen Project A's that are getting swapped for the B 330 RX...and I don't work for Bridgestone, just like their ball better than the Project A.

Put the Project A against the B330 RX today and the latter was the winner hands down. The Bridgestone ball was a good 10-15 yards farther than the Project A off the tee, even on a couple of holes where it was downwind. The B330 RX was great off the irons as well, however, both are very good as far as holding on the greens. There's not as much side spin either with the B330 RX...So now I have a dozen Project A's that are getting swapped for the B 330 RX...and I don't work for Bridgestone, just like their ball better than the Project A.

To be fair, you are comparing Bridgestone's premium ball to TaylorMade's midrange ball. The Project a would be more along the lines of the Bridgestone e series IMO.

To be fair, you are comparing Bridgestone's premium ball to TaylorMade's midrange ball. The Project a would be more along the lines of the Bridgestone e series IMO.
You are probably right, but even so, the e series is better to me than the Project A. However, I really like the new B330 RX and it's becoming my gamer.

I played 9 with this today. Solid ball. I still don't see anything special in terms of spin into the greens. On the other hand, I had one go my better drives ever with it.

Played the back 9 with this one today, and the front 9 with the Tour Preferred ball.

I think this one might get the MC nod. It spins like a boss.

Played the back 9 with this one today, and the front 9 with the Tour Preferred ball.

I think this one might get the MC nod. It spins like a boss.

It really is a good golf ball. You and I like a lot of the same golf ball traits, this one fits right in there with those to me.

I actually grabbed a dozen yesterday at Dick's bc I enjoyed the sleeve I played so much.

It really is a good golf ball. You and I like a lot of the same golf ball traits, this one fits right in there with those to me.

I actually grabbed a dozen yesterday at Dick's bc I enjoyed the sleeve I played so much.

It's a solid offering, and I continue to be amazed at the spin I see on shots to the green.

It's a solid offering, and I continue to be amazed at the spin I see on shots to the green.

I've never had a ball spin for me like these do. I haven't played either if the TP balls, but I'm pretty sure Project (a) will be in my MC bag.

Back