The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Im reading this thread and smiling. Sitting here on the couch with Duke next to me and GG a few cushions away and smiling from ear to ear. Bring it boys...And I made one promise...

This will be the best damn Morgan Cup that there has ever been. Prepare to be blown away, because you 40 deserve it and I always keep my promises.

Thank you.

I think I can speak for 40 people when I say, No, thank you Josh and Morgan. Without the 2 of you, we would never have this opportunity. That's not lip service. That's from the bottom of my heart.

Im reading this thread and smiling. Sitting here on the couch with Duke next to me and GG a few cushions away and smiling from ear to ear. Bring it boys...And I made one promise...

This will be the best damn Morgan Cup that there has ever been. Prepare to be blown away, because you 40 deserve it and I always keep my promises.

Thank you.

I believe you JB, it's been tough at times seeing everything unfold so differently from years past but I know in the end I've never been disappointed in anything you or Morgan have done for us here. I know this will be no different.

Last edited:
I've not been very...vocal...in here, but a lot of that is for what is going on in my personal life and also trying to just let my particular journey sink in.

And well, sink in it has.

This is the Morgan Cup, this is something that I have legitimately longed for since the first go round. Its something that I have engrossed myself in for years as a spectator sitting in absolute awe of all of those who were lucky enough to be a part of it. Its something that I have mourned missing out on multiple times as well. I have sat on the outside, I have watched with a keen eye what and how participants have gone through the build up and the crescendo. Some talk it, others walk it, but in the end that weekend in July will reveal all and no mask shall be able to hide the reality that is the MC stage. THP'ers, teammates, family, all standing there putting it all on the line quite literally for the WORLD to see.

The more I think about it, I could care less of what the MC has been, what it might or might not be in the future, because I want to live in the right now. I want to embrace this journey, I want to savor it, and I want to be able to look back and just smile knowing that I did my best not for me, but for every single soul both in the event as well as those watching along longingly dreaming about what it would be like just as I did for so many years now.

Yes, there have been emotional peaks and valleys, drama, irritability, and whatnot. That's what happens when emotions are involved, that's what happens when everyone has their eyes on the big picture...and the best part is each and every one of our "big pictures" is different and our own. In July though, I cannot wait to celebrate mine with each and every one of you, and I will celebrate yours with you just the same because that is what this all is to me, that's what THP is to me, that's what the years that have led to this moment have been about to me. That's my journey.

It does bear being said though, as great as it all is, there is another part to each of our journey's and that's the Cup. The desire, the want, the need, the lust, the infatuation, the dedication, the aggression, the nerves, the angst, the joy, the sorrow, the pride, all of it. Every emotion possible all set on having their teams name added to those trophies to be remembered forever.

Its about the Cup. Its about THP. Its about the individual. Its about the journey. Its about ALL of those things and many more beyond them, and by god I couldn't be more ready.

Let me just paint a story here. You hvae heard much of it before. It goes a little something like this.
The event was dead.
Then it came back.
Then it was frustrating.
Blah Blah Blah.

Here we are 8 weeks out and let me tell you guys something.
YOU GUYS ALL EFFIN ROCKED IT!

Give yourself a pat on the back. Give each of your 39 other brothers a round of applause. What a journey. What a process. And it is just about here.

Thank you.

Sometimes I read things here and they strike me as profound. This is one of those posts. Why? Because we all put so much pressure on ourselves to prepare, represent and do well. When we do a good job and actually make strides in our journey to better, we sometimes don't even see it because of the fog of our expectations and desires. We all want to do well....for ourselves, our team, our OEM sponsors and especially for JB/GG/THP and our community.

Im a strong believer in positive reinforcement. Sometimes, we need help in seeing the positive. All of you have helped ME see the positive lately. There was so much good sharing in here earlier this week, and since then I have drawn on it several times just for a little "pick me up". JB just helped us see the positive and gave us the proverbial pat on the backside like so many of our coaches, dads, mentors and teammates have in the past. You are all rocking it! JB just told you that you are! Bathe yourself in that statement and let it move you to even greater results. This Morgan Cup experience really does change one. I'm still trying to understand all the ways, but one thing is for sure.....we are better for it.

The countdown to the final eight weeks is already underway. All of us will continue to want. All of us will continue to reach and all of us will continue to wonder. In eight weeks, we will all know, but one thing I already know beyond a shadow of a doubt...... We are better people for this experience. Thanks JB/GG, sponsors and the entire THP Community for changing me in ways I didn't realize would happen.

JM

Freakin Mojo. Your post has so much truth in it. It 's not always been a smooth journey for everyone, but man, getting some positive reinforcement every now and again is a big pick me up. The conversation last week and now, it just gets me stirred up, renews my spirit. I'm ready to rock and roll.

I've been reading through all the posts again and I'm just blown away by the commitment that everyone has been making. I'm so proud to be helping JB and Morgan in Myrtle Beach for the Morgan Cup. And I'm proud to be following along on the journey with each and every one of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun catching up a little in here today. It has been such a blast so far and now the final leg of the journey is starting. I am so pumped and ready to get after it. The next 8 weeks will fly by and I want to soak this in as much as possible.

#gotime
#letsdothis
#franchiserewritten

Thank you.

Wow, Just wow!!

My game continues to surprise me. Every time I hit the range I see improvement and I get excited. The Cup is taking my game to a new level and I'm enjoying the ride. 8 weekends to put it all out there. 8 weekends to give it your all. I can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I took this photo of 18 at True Blue this morning. This place just makes me smile.

IMG_1807_zpse9cb5904.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a great looking course. Can't wait to get there.

I cannot wait.

Just gorgeous. Wow, great pic..I just can't imagine the feeling stepping on to that 18th tee.

As folks are placing their equipment orders, I noticed several of you had gone ahead and updated your signatures to reflect that. I think that is a really cool idea and is another easy way to show the sponsors that you are excited about what is coming.

As folks are placing their equipment orders, I noticed several of you had gone ahead and updated your signatures to reflect that. I think that is a really cool idea and is another easy way to show the sponsors that you are excited about what is coming.

I hadn't noticed that or thought of it, but that is a really cool idea! Will be updated shortly.

Bright man that Donne.

Bright man that Donne.

I can't take the credit for thinking of it...but if I noticed it that easily, surely others will as well.

I can't take the credit for thinking of it...but if I noticed it that easily, surely others will as well.

Dammit Donne let me compliment you. I want I compliment you.

:alien:

I took this photo of 18 at True Blue this morning. This place just makes me smile.

IMG_1807_zpse9cb5904.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Another amazing view from the club house. I loved watching matches come in on saturday.

Playing today has me pretty pumped as to where my game is. Daily talks with my brothers as to what we are working on has me rejuvenated to get my game even better than where it was last year.

Having a day on the course where things seem just a bit off, but still throwing out a solid score has me geeked at what I will bring to Myrtle.

Count down is on.

Glad to see so many guys playing their best golf right now...I'm hoping to peak come July. The journey started much earlier than last year and as expected has had bumps along the way. But I believe I'm a big picture guy and know what needs to be done to succeed.
Failure is not an option, I want to do my team of brothers proud.

It would have been easy to just call it a day and enjoy a three day holiday weekend. Instead, I got in the car, enjoyed the triple digit temperatures and worked on my game. An additional hour of full swing practice to tighten a fade and work on 40 yard pitches was on the agenda.

Every day is an opportunity. Every day missed means Flog2424, Howzat, Canadan and Amart are working to take myself and my brothers in Team DotCom down. I won't allow myself to become complacent and expect points to be handed to me. I plan to fight and dig and make sure that myself and my teammates are ready to show THP that the journey was worth the sacrifice.

Same here Fupresti, I planned on taking a few days off to get some much needed mental rest and just couldn't do it, Too much at stake.

B-EXCEPTIONAL!

Back