What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon you will be in the 80s consistently. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Kang. If I nock those putts in and dial in with the wedges I'll be good. Also not hitting into water doesn't help either lol.

Shot a disappointing yet awesome 83. I say disappointing because I had three doubles and one three jack. The driver was spotty today too. While I hit a lot of fairways (13/14) some of them were on the bottom of the face and just weak.

It was awesome because i hit 10/18 greens. Thats good for me. With the exception of three holes (all 5-irons) my iron play was better than it has been in a LONG time. Thanks Freddie! I'll get the 5 iron figured out, it won me some money yesterday, so it is the Indian for sure.

Three penalty strokes and three doubles (one three jack) really threw a wet blanket on what could have been a round in the seventies. Lots of positives to be had, but still work to be done.

JM

Criminy, JM! With all that, you still brought it home in 83. With the exception of the few clunker holes, your game was very solid on the rest.

Thanks Kang. Between yesterday and today, the thing I am most proud of is my attitude. When things went south, I was able to keep an even keel and have short term memory loss. That is so important to all of us in July. I have really been working on that this year, and have seen some really positive results. There have been rounds where I would have just checked out mentally that I stayed in with a positive attitude and really was able to salvage a score. I'm proud of that.

JM

This is something I've been working on very hard. But, you know, I'm a very hard headed son of a .............

38/47-86, I just lost it on the back. If could hold it together for a whole round, I might be able to do something.

We can all relate brother. Some advice: replay that front nine in your mind a few times; don't give that back nine another thought!

Thanks Kang. If I nock those putts in and dial in with the wedges I'll be good. Also not hitting into water doesn't help either lol.

Once you have those nailed down it will be something else. That's golf for you... Haha Just keep practicing and making progress. That's all you can ask.

Shot 43-42-85 today from the combo tees. Tee game was ok, with 8/14 FIR and one unfortunate OB. Approach game was crap though as I only hit 6 GIR. I've lost my iron tempo somewhere. Can't blame the course today though. I just wasn't hitting many good shots. Putting was better. Was rock solid from 6 feet and in. Struggled with pace somewhat. Short game was better today too. Fun round with good company. Just have to find some consistency.

First 18 of the season is finally under my belt. Shot a 108, which includes all penalty shots (2 water hazards and 1 OOB tee shot). I was 8 better on the back 9, which was encouraging.

Good = shots from 100 yards in. Had some great chips, and two bump and runs that ended with 1 putt (one for par, one for bogey).
Bad = Driver. I hit draws at the range a few days ago, today was nothing but pulls or pull fades. I can deal with the latter, but pulls just put me in a bad position.
Ugly = irons. I thought they'd be my strength today. Nope. It's like I never went to the range. Fades galore, including a few nasty slices and a few fat shots that squirted off into the rough.

All in all though... I had a blast and can't wait to get back out for another round.

My Dad and I played True Blue today. One of my favorite courses and it was in great shape. Greens were noticeable slower than the other two times I've played it, so you could be a bit more aggressive with your putts. I didn't take advantage though as I only made two putts that were outside of gimme range. I had a great ball striking day and was even thru 15, but limped to the finish, making a bogey on 16 and double on 17. I ended up shooting +3 75. Although it was a disappointing finish, it was the best round I've had in while. I hit my wedges much better than my previous round at Caledonia, which was the big difference today. Distance control was on and I didn't airmail any easy approach shots.

Still have some things to work on--put a ball in the water on my tee shot on 3. My struggle with par 3s continue in general as I only managed to find one of the par 3s GIR. I hit 13/18 GIR overall but only converted two of those into birdies.

Solid! Heck of a prep for july!

Shot 43-42-85 today from the combo tees. Tee game was ok, with 8/14 FIR and one unfortunate OB. Approach game was crap though as I only hit 6 GIR. I've lost my iron tempo somewhere. Can't blame the course today though. I just wasn't hitting many good shots. Putting was better. Was rock solid from 6 feet and in. Struggled with pace somewhat. Short game was better today too. Fun round with good company. Just have to find some consistency.

You will find that consistency! I am in search of it as well. Keep workin!

Solid! Heck of a prep for july!

Thanks, man. My goal was to get through the round with no blow-up holes, but it didn't happen. Other than #3 and #17, I was very happy with the round.

Once you have those nailed down it will be something else. That's golf for you... Haha Just keep practicing and making progress. That's all you can ask.

Thanks Ricky. Someday I'll get where your at. Short game short game will get the scores lower.

Shot a pretty rough 102 as a tournament fill-in. Rough, rough round. My two biggest heartaches, keeping it in play off the tee, and putting decent, were out in force. Played my wedges decently enough, and wasn't terrible with my irons for the most part, but giving away and saving strokes were both in poor, poor shape.

You will find that consistency! I am in search of it as well. Keep workin!

Thanks, Kang. I feel close. Just have get out of my own way.

My body was completely exhausted from putting up a fence yesterday. (Manual post hole digger) but managed to string together a 78 today with no feeling in my swing/body. Putter was on I think I only had 1 three putt. Gave away a few strokes with the driver, other wise not a terrible round!

My body was completely exhausted from putting up a fence yesterday. (Manual post hole digger) but managed to string together a 78 today with no feeling in my swing/body. Putter was on I think I only had 1 three putt. Gave away a few strokes with the driver, other wise not a terrible round!

Nice dude! Way to put together a round when exhausted. Ready for round 2 saturday at the MC!

Nice dude! Way to put together a round when exhausted. Ready for round 2 saturday at the MC!

That's what I was thinking the whole time!!

Had an interesting round today.... 40-39 with two doubles, 29 putts, a 301 yd drive, and 3 others over 280. If only my wedges showed up today....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Went out with my son today
44 / 40 = 84 32 putts.
Great round!

Played ArrowHead Country Club in Edlestien Illinois from the tips. Used to be I would be totally dejected with an 88. But I'm hitting the ball in the center of the club face again and with solid distances. I'm just missing a little left and right and failing to get up and down. If I can hit a few more greens and tighten up the chipping and putting I could start posting some solid 70's again. My scores don't show it but I feel close to playing decent after 2 years of golfing dispair.

Last edited:
82. Shot 41 on the front nine (harder nine) twice. Came up a foot short on a 50 yard pitch for eagle.

Shot 85 today. Left a lot out there too. Had 2 blow ups and a birdie

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

37 for nine holes today--two over par. Shot of the day was a 4 hybrid to 8 feet on the eighth hole (par 3). Thought it had a chance when it left the club. Good day with my two younger kids in the cart and running around. Did not think I would play that well.

44 x2 on the same course. Made 2 birdies and also some pretty ugly holes. Got to keep working and get some practice time in.

Played a course I have only played once last year and shot 80 with a double on 18....had a wedding last night so I only had 3hrs sleep, had my best ever 29 putts....Bertha was money all day, my friends clapped when I finally missed a fairway on 13th hole

Shot a 44/45 89 today. Was a muni course that I hadn't played in several years, and I just couldn't adjust to the slow speed of the greens. I left everything short, and had several 3 putts. I got off the tee very well all day, irons continued to shine, chipping actually was improved from usual, but my flat stick left me down. Had a few long putts go in to save par or bogey, but overall not happy with the round. It's amazing how expectations can change; a year ago at this time I'd have been thrilled to break 90, now I'm frustrated about what went wrong. Maybe some day my whole game will show up at the same time; around the end of July would be a nice time for that to happen.

Mrs. Drumdog and I played in a 2 day couples tourney this weekend. Sunday was a best ball, we shot 77 and Monday was a scramble, we shot 67.
To top it off.....we won the first flight gross for the two days.

Had a really fun round yesterday. Played with 3 guys from my league, all decent shooters. Shot a 41/41 for an 82 to take the low round of the foursome. We were only playing for a buck, so I got to collect $3 for my winnings! I had 11 bogies, 1 birdie and 6 pars. The 82 sounds nice, but I guess when you say 11 bogies it doesn't sound as nice. No double bogies though.

The one birdie came on a par 5. Had 223 to the hole off of the drive, hit a 3H right to the fringe and it rolled to about 12 feet from the hole. Big slicing downhill putt from their, missed it on the low side for eagle but I had a tap in birdie. Windy day on a course that plays about 6900 yards, so I wasn't too displeased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back