What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I shot a 79, it was a strange round with 8 fairways hit, 5 GIR's and 28 putts. I was focusing on social media a little too much and my focus got away from me, the ball striking was exceptional and the low greens was because I'm still relearning distances. Putting with the Bridgestone putter was freaking amazing, I sunk some sick putts with that thing lol. I'm falling in love with it!

Today I shot a 79, it was a strange round with 8 fairways hit, 5 GIR's and 28 putts. I was focusing on social media a little too much and my focus got away from me, the ball striking was exceptional and the low greens was because I'm still relearning distances. Putting with the Bridgestone putter was freaking amazing, I sunk some sick putts with that thing lol. I'm falling in love with it!

Were you close on some of the fairway misses? Hard for me to imagine you not down the middle every time still

79 on a local easy course ( +9). The home club was closed for the day since it was open for the holiday, but went to the nearest Public course. Some of the worst greens I have been on in terms of consistency. Many of the clubs in the area even the home course has had greens issues this season because of the odd winter this year. The good news is I got to play golf! I would say about 4 strokes lost to greens, so overall happy with the round.

I also had a great time out there today by just accepting the greens and keeping a positive attitude! No reason to be sour when your healthy, happy, and playing some golf on a Tuesday morning!

76 with 10/14 fir and 11/18 GIR, still dialing in the distances on the new Amp Cel irons. For example, lay up on the par 5 18th was 165, downwind a club, uphill a club, airmailed a seven iron. Can't gripe, hit it very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you close on some of the fairway misses? Hard for me to imagine you not down the middle every time still

Thanks Mike, yeah they were really close except 2, I've reopened the left side of the course up because true blue has a bunch of draw holes and I pulled 2 OB today. The others were just through the fairway.

Putting with the Bridgestone putter was freaking amazing, I sunk some sick putts with that thing lol. I'm falling in love with it!

Love hearing this. TD-03 right? I love mine even though it was a little balky over the weekend.

JM

Love hearing this. TD-03 right? I love mine even though it was a little balky over the weekend.

JM

Yup JM, the first time I went out with it I didn't like it very much because the weighting was so funky, but I fooled with it for a couple weeks and noticed that my distances were really really good so I started taking a touch of break out of it an BAM! lol, dude they were going in today from stupid places lol.

Sounds like that short game was money today bro. Great round.

My dude! Looks like things are getting dialed in. You are definitely a force to be reckoned with!
#thegrindisreal

I shot 38,39, 77 today. 10/14 fairways, 8 GIR, 30 putts, 1 double, 1 3 jack. This is my first round since my surgery 15 days ago, so I am a happy golfer. Just to get back on the course was phenomenal and I have to admit, I was a little bit concerned how the wound would hold up. But, it came through fine. I think it helped in one respect--my error is usually over swinging, and today there was no way I was going to take anything but a smooth, easy swing. Golly, does that ever do wonders for ball striking. LOL. Also, swung a new driver today (SLDR), so fairways hit was a little off. But, the four misses were all very playable. I have not been fit for it and need to get it dialed in. Anyway, I was so tickled to get back in action that it wouldn't have mattered if I shot 100.

I shot 38,39, 77 today. 10/14 fairways, 8 GIR, 30 putts, 1 double, 1 3 jack. This is my first round since my surgery 15 days ago, so I am a happy golfer. Just to get back on the course was phenomenal and I have to admit, I was a little bit concerned how the wound would hold up. But, it came through fine. I think it helped in one respect--my error is usually over swinging, and today there was no way I was going to take anything but a smooth, easy swing. Golly, does that ever do wonders for ball striking. LOL. Also, swung a new driver today (SLDR), so fairways hit was a little off. But, the four misses were all very playable. I have not been fit for it and need to get it dialed in. Anyway, I was so tickled to get back in action that it wouldn't have mattered if I shot 100.

Nice round there vman. Glad to see you back out there playing.

Awesome to see you back out Ken! Nice shootin too buddy!

JM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How'd you like the SLDR buddy??

How'd you like the SLDR buddy??

I think I'm going to like it, Marc. If not, I can take it back within 90 days for full credit at PGA SS. I had it dialed up to 12* today which shuts the face a bit, and tried to offset that by moving the slider a little towards Fade. But, I was still missing a little left of target, except, of course, when I set up down the right side to compensate. Then, I hit the damn thing straight as an arrow. LOL. I haven't had a chance to really dial it in.

Shot 81 - made most of my 5' putts. Pulled my driver out only once on a long par 5, opting instead to tee off with my 5-wood, which went pretty straight and got me out about 210 yards. Fairways and first-cut rough sure beats chipping out of the woods.

Shot a 92 today. Mental mistakes kept me from breaking 90 for the first time in a long time.

After three days of not playing... 91.

39 tonight. 1 birdie, 5 pars, 2 bogies, 1 double bogey. 4/7 fwys (3/5 with Big Bertha), 4/9 GIR, 14 putts.

Weird night at the course, I had a normal LA, ball striking was phenomenal and I was 2 clubs easy longer with every club, greens were rocks and I couldn't hold one for the life of me.

51 front I quit counting on the back as it was pointless

Well that didn't take long...great round

Well that didn't take long...great round

Thanks buddy. I hope I bring some of that on up to Indy this weekend. It felt really great to be able to swing the club again.

Shot a 45 today in league, which is better than it could have been. I was +10 through 6, but played the final 3 holes at 1 under. Had 15 putts today, and a bunker shot that nearly dropped for eagle but took the tap in birdie happily. Had a few shots that I wanted back, but my chipping is starting to improve as I have been focusing on it the last week. Playing again tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Played at FalconHead Golf Course this evening. Decide to play from 6700 yards in prep for the MC. For the most part the course runs through a the foot hills and is tree lined.

I only was able to get through 15 holes this evening due to a storm coming in.

I ended up shooting a 40/27 (6) with 3/7 FW - 3/5 FW and 16/11 putts.

Finally figured out my driver midway through front nine and on the back.

40 in league last night. Shot OK for the most part. Couple of poor club selection choices that I think cost me a shot a piece. Not a bad round overall. My short game allows me to score well on most nights, I am a scrambling man.

What did you shoot today?

I had a terrible round this morning, it was cold, rainy and miserable. I started with a double par, 8. I sliced my every drive and my course management sucked big time.

But, I'm happy that it happened, I've played awesome rounds lately and I learned a lot today, I'm thankful and I will be more humble for the rest of the season.

Scored 90 with:
1 double par
5 double bogeys
4 bogeys
8 pars

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back