Indianapolis - 2014 THP Invitational #3 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

We'll put Dan and CJ.

I can't wait to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Plus playing golf with THP can't be beat!

Sounds delicious!

Packing tonight. Golf then softball tomorrow night. Should get home just in time to leave for the aiport. I have no doubt that this weekend will in fact be....EPIC.

Be careful with that softball, Pete. Can't having you pull a hammy and missing some time. Heck, you're already behind schedule in your #THPMC prep due to your dang bird flu!

Speak for yourself, im #VmanApproved

Yes you are, my friend. You're okay in my book, except for that chutting nonsense!

Back on topic...
This will be my second THP event and it will be more amazing than the first! (The first one in Dallas was pretty freakin amazing)
I didn't know Dallas was your first event, bro. I thought you were a vet. I'd have bought you a beer in celebration. You got one coming in Indy.

Just finished the majority of the packing. I must have 20 or more pairs of shorts and even more golf shirts, yet couldn't seem to find a combination that I haven't already worn at a THP outing. May have to do some last minute shopping this afternoon.

Haven't packed the golf bag yet. Hmm. Should I bring the SLDR, or my trusty 913 D2? Are those fairways pretty wide at The Fort? I tend to tug the SLDR a little left, which might be good if all the trouble is on the right side. I do hit a little longer though, and I know JB will have us playing 6,400 +.

I think I'll ponder some more, go shopping and maybe find a burger with an egg on it. I suddenly have a hankering for one.

I'll go ahead introduce myself. I'll be the guy in the gold belt.

I'll go ahead introduce myself. I'll be the guy in the gold belt.

Don't let my shorts blind you! And no they don't glow in the dark. But that would be cool if they did.

You can always tell the newbs.
They always think there will be no pressure on the 1st tee. :D

ANNOUNCEMENT

Friday's meet and greet will take place at 8PM at:

Cheeseburger In Paradise
9770 Crosspoint Blvd.
Fishers, IN 46256

The restaurant will have a few sections set aside for our group.

Hope to see you all then, thanks

Bumping this one again.

Should have went one whole group of newbs going off first.

never mind that could just be dangerous

I am more nervous about the first tee Saturday than I was in hh. Might have to pull out the trusty hybrid just like I did there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm no newb and I know I'll be nervous! I think it'll be all drivers on the practice range.

Pro Tip for the newcomers to a THP event from a guy who's been to a few;

1 - It is not a clique, but rather a group of guys who actively chat with each other on an internet site, some of whom may have already met in the past. Don't ever feel like you can't come up, introduce yourself, and be a big part of that - If you see me, say hello, as I definitely want to meet everyone.

2 - On course, don't expect to be something you're not. Outing Approved jokes are fun, but they aren't a requirement to meet. We all take competition differently, and between nerves, a tough fort course, and the competition aspect, you may struggle. We're a site full of hackers from all skill levels, so just have fun - I'm there for the friendships, and I hope you are as well.

3 - Don't hug JB. Just stick out that fist, let him give you that fist bump, and always have a three person buffer between him and any starter. For some reason, they really like him.

4 - If Mike Dean is off the green and isn't carrying a wedge, say awkward and unreasonable things to him... Then promptly look away until you know he's on the green. You're welcome in advance.

5 - Take notes. It's a lot easier to try to explain to your loved ones why you're grinning upon return when you can blurt out more than "I like my internet friends"

Especially #4

1st tee jitters? Like driving first shot down the entry road into the highlands and then topping the breakfast ball?

Hey now...that's my partner you're talking about!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Aww... Isn't that cute... lol!

Just having fun guys relax, it's not like I will it into your group or anything...

Aww... Isn't that cute... lol!

Just having fun guys relax, it's not like I will it into your group or anything...

I know :) MikeDean is bringing his A+ game..... And if not, I'm making sure his pencil has an eraser ;-p

I think the fact 1st tee is a shamble will help jitters immensely.

Hey now...that's my partner you're talking about!

you didnt tell him pete dye put a chutting ban on the fort when he built it ?

I just woke up and this thread blew up. So much going on and the one thing that stuck for some reason was my partner has never been to chipotle?!?!???

you didnt tell him pete dye put a chutting ban on the fort when he built it ?

I'm sure Pete consulted with MD first. He has an exemption....

I just woke up and this thread blew up. So much going on and the one thing that stuck for some reason was my partner has never been to chipotle?!?!???

For this I apologize.

Blame my parents!
#ParentingFail

We'll go with that!

Philly thinks your gonna walk now...

Back