PUMA Golf's Faas Lite Mesh 2.0 Shoe Preview

new heel comfort is a bonus from last year.
This was my initial reaction as well. I liked the 1.0s just fine, I do prefer more support out of a show though.

The red ones will be mine.

I loved the non mesh ones last year I could see myself grabbing the white and black ones

Is it just me or do the Black ones look like wrestling shoes :bulgy-eyes:

The only colour that grabs my attention is the white, but they would be an absolute nightmare to keep clean and with the very changeable weather over here they look like they wouldn't keep my feet dry so I couldn't see myself owning a pair of these at any time

Shame as the Amp Cell Fusions I have are nice, so if I was looking for new shoes I would probably look more to the BioCell Fusion over the mesh type shoes

Seen mike dean yesterday wearing these and they looked awesome. Thinking these guys will be my next pair.

Seen mike dean yesterday wearing these and they looked awesome. Thinking these guys will be my next pair.

So comfortable dude. And easily the lightest pair of shoes I've ever owned. Going to take them on the course tomorrow and will have a writeup next week

I am a huge fan on the first version and they have become my go to shoes on and off the course on the weekends. Really looking forward to these.

Same here. Have had mine for about two months now and I honestly want to wear them every time I play. Unfortunately I got the orange ones cause they were on sale at the time (of course) and I really don't have many clothes to go with them. They stick out enough as it is! I really like those black ones, actually!

I know 441 is going to have a write up on his, but I just wanna add ahead of time that these looked awesome today. And just looked extremely comfortable. Looking forward to your feedback mike

I know 441 is going to have a write up on his, but I just wanna add ahead of time that these looked awesome today. And just looked extremely comfortable. Looking forward to your feedback mike

Absolutely. .shooting for tomorrow

I was fortunate enough to be sent a pair of these which I received on Friday and wanted to put them through the paces both on and off the course this past weekend.

My first impressions after putting these on was just how light they were on my feet. Certainly the lightest shoes I have ever worn and really did not even feel like I was wearing any shoes, the mesh just made them crazy light. Extremely comfortable fit, and even though I usually wear a wide shoes, I did not notice any discomfort at all this weekend, or the feeling like my feet were going to "burst" out on the sides.

The Grenandine color used through these shoes was very "interesting". When I first saw the pictures I just assumed it was just a deep red color, but in addition to that there was glossy material used on top of that color to make it stand out even more. This was something that did not appeal to my eye and when I put them on and looked down I instantly thought the color was similar to Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz.

Off the course the shoes were amazing. Very light, comfortable and provided the support I expected out of the shoe. I also wore them while driving home 5 hours yesterday and usually after sitting with minimal movements that long my feet tend to get sore, but that was not the case at all, which was welcomed after a very long weekend.

On the course is where the shoes and I did not get along. While playing in the early AM with dew on the tee boxes, I found myself slipping and losing my footing on 3 separate occasions. This was something I had not experienced playing in similar conditions wearing either spikeless or the traditional spiked golf shoes.
I did however appreciate the breathability these shoes offered on my feet. The temperature was in the low 90's with additional humidity which usually leads to extremely wet socks, but not after the round this time which with a 5 hour drive afterwards was much appreciated.

All in all the shoes are a very solid all around option for both wear on and off the golf course, and at a $90 price point a good deal for what the shoes bring to the table. With 3 color choices there is more than likely a combination that will catch someone's eye. The FaasFoam+ used in the shoes are just extremely comfortable and certainly aids to the shoes being a "multi purpose" offering from PUMA. The lack of stability in wet conditions was the only downfall experienced up to this point.

Feel free to ask any questions and I look forward to feedback from those that purchase these in the future.

I don't know man, these are a little funky to me, where's Dorothy?

I thought the same thing Marc. I was wondering if I had to click my heels and say there's no place like home while wearing them.

Although I must say the white and black look much better.

Thanks for the write up Mike. I was impressed with the photos posted and want this exact pair. I'll be ordering for my walk around shoe this summer.

On the course is where the shoes and I did not get along. While playing in the early AM with dew on the tee boxes, I found myself slipping and losing my footing on 3 separate occasions. This was something I had not experienced playing in similar conditions wearing either spikeless or the traditional spiked golf shoes.

This would be a big concern for me and I appreciate your honesty in bringing it to peoples attention - not everyone might have the problem, but if I was purchasing a pair of these now after reading your review there would always be that little worry in the back of my mind that the potential is there for losing your footing

I guess every shoe, regardless of whether they are spiked or not, have the potential for losing grip depending on the ground conditions, but for you to see this problem playing in similar conditions to other shoes that haven't given a problem is not what I would want to hear

Last edited:
This would be a big concern for me and I appreciate your honesty in bringing it to peoples attention - not everyone might have the problem, but if I was purchasing a pair of these now after reading your review there would always be that little worry in the back of my mind that the potential is there for losing your footing

I guess every shoe, regardless of whether they are spiked or not, have the potential for losing grip depending on the ground conditions, but for you to see this problem playing in similar conditions to other shoes that haven't given a problem is not what I would want ho hear

Exactly, and I can only speak to my experiences and be honest about what I saw as so many others do when they are giving reviews as well.

Thanks for the review Mike. Looking at the pictures the bottom of the shoe reminds me of the Nike FI Impact in terms of the the ability, or lack thereof to maintain a good grip on wet grass.

These look like they would be great for an afternoon round, but early morning or wet conditions would make me grab a shoe with more traction.

Thanks for the review Mike. Looking at the pictures the bottom of the shoe reminds me of the Nike FI Impact in terms of the the ability, or lack thereof to maintain a good grip on wet grass.

These look like they would be great for an afternoon round, but early morning or wet conditions would make me grab a shoe with more traction.

Yeah Im going to get out this week to the range and play a round or 2 in the PM and see if I notice a difference

I was fortunate enough to be sent a pair of these which I received on Friday and wanted to put them through the paces both on and off the course this past weekend.

My first impressions after putting these on was just how light they were on my feet. Certainly the lightest shoes I have ever worn and really did not even feel like I was wearing any shoes, the mesh just made them crazy light. Extremely comfortable fit, and even though I usually wear a wide shoes, I did not notice any discomfort at all this weekend, or the feeling like my feet were going to "burst" out on the sides.

The Grenandine color used through these shoes was very "interesting". When I first saw the pictures I just assumed it was just a deep red color, but in addition to that there was glossy material used on top of that color to make it stand out even more. This was something that did not appeal to my eye and when I put them on and looked down I instantly thought the color was similar to Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz.

Off the course the shoes were amazing. Very light, comfortable and provided the support I expected out of the shoe. I also wore them while driving home 5 hours yesterday and usually after sitting with minimal movements that long my feet tend to get sore, but that was not the case at all, which was welcomed after a very long weekend.

I did however appreciate the breathability these shoes offered on my feet. The temperature was in the low 90's with additional humidity which usually leads to extremely wet socks, but not after the round this time which with a 5 hour drive afterwards was much appreciated.

All in all the shoes are a very solid all around option for both wear on and off the golf course, and at a $90 price point a good deal for what the shoes bring to the table. With 3 color choices there is more than likely a combination that will catch someone's eye. The FaasFoam+ used in the shoes are just extremely comfortable and certainly aids to the shoes being a "multi purpose" offering from PUMA. The lack of stability in wet conditions was the only downfall experienced up to this point.

Feel free to ask any questions and I look forward to feedback from those that purchase these in the future.
Great work Mike, they looked really nice in person, I think almost better in person than the photos, love that color!

@mikedean441 Good info buddy. Do these do a better job than the 1.0's at keeping dirt and moisture out?

@mikedean441 Good info buddy. Do these do a better job than the 1.0's at keeping dirt and moisture out?

Can't say buddy I didn't pick up a pair of the originals so it's hard for me to say. I was in a few semi wet areas sunday and didn't have any moisture or dirt inside.

Can't say buddy I didn't pick up a pair of the originals so it's hard for me to say. I was in a few semi wet areas sunday and didn't have any moisture or dirt inside.

Keep me posted on that. My feet got really wet in the 1.0's last time out. It had rained several inches the night before and my feet were soaked a few holes into the round. Your slipping issues concern me as well because I have never had any issue with the 1.0's in the regard.

Keep me posted on that. My feet got really wet in the 1.0's last time out. It had rained several inches the night before and my feet were soaked a few holes into the round. Your slipping issues concern me as well because I have never had any issue with the 1.0's in the regard.

Absolutely will definitely keep this one updated

Got a black pair on the way, price couldn't be beat with the family discount code that Amol shared. $63 shipped, excited to get these in hand and start sporting them on/off course!

Back