The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a terrible range session this morning. I went with my putter, 5 iron, and 54 deg wedge, the putter and wedge were pretty good but the 5 iron was horrid in every sense of the word, most of them were fat as heck and if it wasn't fat it was an over the top nightmare.

The ball is moving in your field of vision. Let your mind figure out where the ball is..not your eyes. Which mean, look or find a spot in front of the balls.you are ball bound.

The ball is moving in your field of vision. Let your mind figure out where the ball is..not your eyes. Which mean, look or find a spot in front of the balls.you are ball bound.

Step away from the bong dude!

Had a terrible range session this morning. I went with my putter, 5 iron, and 54 deg wedge, the putter and wedge were pretty good but the 5 iron was horrid in every sense of the word, most of them were fat as heck and if it wasn't fat it was an over the top nightmare.

It was an anomaly buddy don't worry. Just need a little reset time and we'll be right back on track!

Don't lie Trout, you like balls... :alien:

League night tonight for me. Time to put some low number on a poor unsuspecting soul. Been a good week of practice and I am excited to play a little bit of competition.

Well than keep on hacking ... You are ball bound ...

Like your first post I have no idea what that means dude, are you offering sound advice or are you just out for a troll? I'm not getting what you are saying.

Well trying to help .. When I go to crap , usually not mechanics I just get ball bound .. Or i focus to much on the ball. I will come way over it and fat it . And no. , not a troll .. Just enjoy blogging on here

Ok thanks. I think I know what you mean. I think my problem was too much lateral movement t be honest, I just couldn't keep my upper body quiet today.

I know this happened during the round today..but anyway . I used to have a loose riding right hand on grip ( alla John daly) ..today I had all 10 fingers gripping the shaft. More baseball grip style, full shots the same..but around the greens ( flops and short pitches) were a million times better than usual. Really let me control the face, and get a lot of spin and stop on it. Old grip kinda went under with no compression, I really had a lot of zip compression on these today. Will work on it tomorrow as well. Thought baseball grip was a joke, or a hackers grip..worked so good around the greens ..was shocked

I use to always have a baseball grip and this is the first year doing the interlocking. I've thought about going back to it because I have shot some great rounds in the past with it. But now I feel like I have better control and more quality shots.

I use to always have a baseball grip and this is the first year doing the interlocking. I've thought about going back to it because I have shot some great rounds in the past with it. But now I feel like I have better control and more quality shots.
I hit some quality pitches and chips .. With lots of juice. .. Felt like left was strong , right weak. So used to Gerry Hogan grip (love some of his principles ) , but almost too loosely goosey with that grip . Really feel face flipping with Gerry Hogan grip ..feels very stiff wrists steve stricker style now .. But accurate for where face is

I hit some quality pitches and chips .. With lots of juice. .. Felt like left was strong , right weak. So used to Gerry Hogan grip (love some of his principles ) , but almost too loosely goosey with that grip . Really feel face flipping with Gerry Hogan grip ..feels very stiff wrists steve stricker style now .. But accurate for where face is

Sweet man, which I had juice like that. Whose Gerry hogan?

Sweet man, which I had juice like that. Whose Gerry hogan?

He wrote a book back in 1991 .. All about his grip .. Face of watch to the sky at the top of backswing ( closed) . And maintaining face to sky in transition . He took a individual approach to figuring out the swing .. A great read .. And if you want lag .. His stuff will give you lag and than some

hmm interesing, was that Ben's brother then? Have to look him up and see what he has to offer.
He wrote a book back in 1991 .. All about his grip .. Face of watch to the sky at the top of backswing ( closed) . And maintaining face to sky in transition . He took a individual approach to figuring out the swing .. A great read .. And if you want lag .. His stuff will give you lag and than some

Going to hit the range tonight after work to hit another bucket. And hopefully again at lunch tomorrow. I have an invitational to win this weekend in Indiana.

Isn't maintaining lag against Leecomotion?

Yes .. It's the devil .. Opposites .. Most of Gerry's book is online as well .. Big in slotting and the grip

book is $150 to 300 now on amazon

Hit a small bucket slowly, just trying to work on better contact and getting the divot in front of the ball. I moved the ball back in my stance maybe 1" and it made a lot of difference with my irons. Opposite with hybrid though, that I ended up moving about 1" forward from where I'd normally play it and that worked OK. Still had some fat shots, though.

Last 5 balls were driver, 4 good with a tiny bit of fade and one massive pull that ran out forever, but would have been completely OOB left. Thankfully, not a single fade with the irons like I saw a few times in my last round.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Lots of work tonight on the swing. Focus on keeping my head still, left arm straight, making a good turn, smooth swing, and solid finish. Feels really good on the range but I need to start seeing that translate to the course.

Lots of work tonight on the swing. Focus on keeping my head still, left arm straight, making a good turn, smooth swing, and solid finish. Feels really good on the range but I need to start seeing that translate to the course.

Snow melt yet?

Went to the range after work to really work on some stuff, but after hitting about 40 or 50 balls, my back had had enough. First time in a while my back has acted up like that. Hoping it's only a temporary thing.

Went to the range after work to really work on some stuff, but after hitting about 40 or 50 balls, my back had had enough. First time in a while my back has acted up like that. Hoping it's only a temporary thing.

For sure dude. Rest and recuperate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back