What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my chance to go low today. Went out +1 and In +7 for an 80. Back nine backed up and I got tired. Worst part is I hoseled my wedge shot into a lake from 84yds on the 18th and made double bogey.

77 in my last round before our big invitational tournament. The field of is strongest in two or three years with 31 guys handicap from +5.3 to 0.0 or better, 31 more with handicap of 0.1 to 2.2, and the first handicap index greater than 9.9 is the bottom of the seventh flight. I'm in bottom half of the only super senior flight with indices from 1.2 up but it will be fun as long as I don't finish last.

Shot my best score ever yesterday on a 9 hole a 37, but it was on a par 30, but heck i will take that. Need to work on my putting.

77 in my last round before our big invitational tournament. The field of is strongest in two or three years with 31 guys handicap from +5.3 to 0.0 or better, 31 more with handicap of 0.1 to 2.2, and the first handicap index greater than 9.9 is the bottom of the seventh flight. I'm in bottom half of the only super senior flight with indices from 1.2 up but it will be fun as long as I don't finish last.

Best of luck! Sounds like there are a lot of very strong players. Have fun that's all that matters

Have been toughing out the last few rounds around 90, so I put blame where blame was due... and swapped out the driver and putter. Shot 86 today with one tee ball in the water that cost me two strokes. But I made two birdies....

I'm honestly not sure how to feel about today.

Didn't play too well... but managed to not let it get out of hand.
Couldn't find a tee swing... but had 31 putts (14 going out)
Had a bad run 2 thru 5... but pulled it together for 3 straight pars.
Had a bad run 11 thru 14 but got it together again to finish ok (17 should have been par, 18 should have been 5).
Nearly 5 hour round... but didn't lose a lot of focus.

I suppose reasonably satisfied that I kept it going (and sub 100) while not really doing well, previously, a start like that and I'd be well over 100.
Happy with putts too, could have been sub 30.

2014-05-31%20card.png

Shot 40 + 38 for 78, 7 over.
first time possibly ever I've played more than 3 times in a year. Have managed 4 rounds this year under 80 but now I'm aware of it the pressure is building...!

75 today. Worst part is I made bogey on 18! Frick!!! My wedge game cost me a good 3 or 4 shots today. I'm so close to putting it all together and breaking par I can feel it!

Nice round Jakester!

Golf League Match today. Same course as yesterday but one tee forward. 40/41 for 81. 6/14 fwys, 9/18 GIR, 15/18 GIRP, 32 putts (two 3-putts). 2 birdies, 8 pars, 5 bogies, 3 dbl bogies, including the last two holes. Hate finishing weak like that.

Back and forth match and my opponent and I both played well. Went into last hole tied and I lost the hole and the match. Really happy with how my game is coming together the last two weeks. Now to get over these blow up holes and get some low scores.

75 today. Worst part is I made bogey on 18! Frick!!! My wedge game cost me a good 3 or 4 shots today. I'm so close to putting it all together and breaking par I can feel it!

Nice shooting Jake!

1 under on Monday to a round of.....

93! Damn I am consistent!

Worst score I think I may have ever shot. Definitely the worst in 5 years.

1 under on Monday to a round of.....

93! Damn I am consistent!

Worst score I think I may have ever shot. Definitely the worst in 5 years.

Certainly you were that bad in Ohio. You were pretty awful there.

On a brighter note -- well done on the sub-par round earlier in the week. I know which day you were wearing the Bluetooth.

Certainly you were that bad in Ohio. You were pretty awful there.

On a brighter note -- well done on the sub-par round earlier in the week. I know which day you were wearing the Bluetooth.

Nah I ended up with like 89 I think but I was also injured.

This time I have no good excuses =(

And just like that it comes together!!! Shot my best ever front 9 score of 40!!! Super stoked!! Had my first ever eagle and first ever back to back under par holes with birdie and then the eagle. 2 doubles blew up what would of been something amazing

jy5u9ybu.jpg

Nice! Care to describe the eagle...?

You betcha haha I did in the best shot of your round thread but it was a short par 4 I hit a perfect 3w downhill and then chipped in.

Today I was able to sneak out early and I got 27 holes in before it got really hot. The course I played is a pretty decent 36 hole course. I ended up shooting a 45-39-40. All three 9s I played I played very well the first 9 i just had a two 7s and a 6 which really shot my score. The second 9 I play great golf and had a couple up/down saves, as I was all over the place with the driver. The last 9 I set my season high of birdies with 2 (I know i was making it rain out there lol), but I ended up hitting the green in 2 on the first par 5 and left my 12 ft eagle putt on the lip, so a tap in birdie had to do. I also Bridie the 9th after a poor drive and a poor second shot the turned out decent I drained the 15 ft birdie.

So Im happy about my game right now and my stats went as such
45, and a 79 lol, hey I had to break 80 lol.
48 putts
8/21 fairways
11/27 Girs
1/1 Sands
2/9 Up and Downs

Ended up 45/46 for a 91 today with 3 awesome THPers. My putting was simply atrocious with 25 putts on the front and 19 on the back. Good news is I can spend all my time putting for the next 2 months and get that sorted out.

A hard earned 86...The sad thing was I drove the ball really well except for one hole. My Wedges really let me down . My putting was ...well Groff...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

76 for over in my member's tourney. Tied for 2nd going into tomorrow. Had 5 bogeys 1 birdie and 12 pars. Had a lot of birdie attempts just lip out or burn the edge. Very easily could have been even or under the way I played today. Hit 15 fairways and 14 greens. Putts just weren't dropping for birdie!

Ended up 45/46 for a 91 today with 3 awesome THPers. My putting was simply atrocious with 25 putts on the front and 19 on the back. Good news is I can spend all my time putting for the next 2 months and get that sorted out.

91 with 44 putts is pretty impressive. You just need to get the putter straightened out.

42/41 - 83

35 putts today...breaking 80 was out there today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back