^Totally agreed. Plus, when you start from scratch, those moments like you've been having with your niece are nothing in comparison with all the other stuff you've encountered by that point.

I disagree. I haven't watched anyone's kids in a while, but when I did I always wished they behaved more like mine. My wife and I taught my kids how to behave and how not to behave when they're at other people's homes, in public, etc. Maybe my boys were "special" when they were little, but they never behaved as badly as what I see today. I think it's a shame that many parents today try to be their kid's best friends, buying the kids whatever they want, serving the kids only what they like, doing only what the kids want to do - just so the kids don't get upset or cry. Those kids will have a rude awakening when they start school, get a job, etc. Disappointment is a part of life.

Just remember, you are in charge. You let them run the show and it's game over.
Totally agree! :thumb:

Last edited:
Sitting at my daughter's high school graduation ceremony. She's graduating 5th of 411! We are so proud of her!

Sitting at my daughter's high school graduation ceremony. She's graduating 5th of 411! We are so proud of her!
Congrats! My youngest son graduates next Thursday, June 5th. He's not even close to 5th in his class, but hey, he got his football and lacrosse patches for his letterman's jacket! :thumb:

Congratulations to her Grins...that's a great accomplishment.

My daughter, junior in HS, is doing some community service office work (take home stuff) to pad the pending college applications. Big bro, after a hard day's work, volunteered to help so the 3 of us stuffed 1,500 envelopes and sealed them for mailing.

The work was tedious and monotonous but the talk was lively. Sometimes the most special of moments will hide themselves some. Time spent together is the best way to spend time. I'm sure that I enjoyed it more than them, but I'm alright with that. ?

Last night my son got his first hit of the season in his little league game. The score was tied and he was on 3rd when a teammate hit a sharp grounder to 2nd, he takes off like a flash towards home as the 2nd baseman throws it home to try and get the tag out. The 3rd base coach is screaming for him to slide, I'm yelling from the dugout to slide when all of a sudden.... he STOPS RUNNING and starts doing a stutter step! We're losing it, wondering what the heck is going on, FINALLY he crossed home plate in front of the throw.

He gets back to the dugout and the head coach comes over from 3rd base and asks what the heck he was doing. My son looks up and simply says "I couldn't see the plate coach! It was all covered in mud and I didn't know where to slide!!" Sure enough, we look over, and since it was starting to rain all of home plate was covered in mud, the ump hadn't cleaned it off. None of us could see it either!!!

3D ultrasound today ... Nick wouldn't move his hand and foot away from the front of his face. We try again next weekend. Stubborn little kid ... lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My welcome home from Indy.

u8e8ury2.jpg

I played 9 with Michael this afternoon then headed to a little establishment afterward called Roakes to share a chili dog and fries. Good stuff.

The kid was really coming across the ball badly, hitting poor shots, getting frustrated, etc. I gave him the cover under the arm drill between holes while we waited. Of course, dad doesn't know anything and he fought me the whole way ... until he stepped up and hit his next driver high and straight and on the green. After that maybe I think he realized dad isn't a complete idiot after all :)

If this crew played golf as well as they parent, the world of golf would be turned on its ear. Some great parents up in this place.

My little baby is turning 1 tomorrow. Its a sad day, she is growing too fast!

Fun age. Enjoy it dude!

A little sidenote to the picture: She is wearing a bandana because we were doing some 1-year photos. She is named after my friend, Tyler (my daughter's name is Ryler), who was killed when we were 17. He was a skateboarder and his mom gave us some of his things to take pictures with. This is his mini skateboard and any time he was boarding he always had a bandana on. We had tons of great pics taken at a local skatepark that was named for him after he died.

Couple more:

Love those pics. Threads like this are why THP feels like family.

Awesome photos man.

Just us and the baby this week. The boy is spending a week at grandma's house. Very odd feeling only having the one in the house.

dar-today-30.jpg

We're in the middle of a basement reorganizing and she wanted to do a little putting practice.
y6evegy2.jpg

We're in the middle of a basement reorganizing and she wanted to do a little putting practice.
y6evegy2.jpg
Awesome buddy, at least she's playing from the proper side!!! JK, is that her putter or her mom's? My daughter would love the pink grip and ball!

Picked up the girls early today & had some ice cream. Love surprising them.

Picked up the girls early today & had some ice cream. Love surprising them.

Surprises like this are so much fun to do, and really provide memories for both the kids and parents. I still remember being in second grade and being pulled out of school by my dad to go on a quick business trip with him.

That's awesome mike!

I was inspired by the photos above. The kids came home with some kick arse school news so we went for ice cream. Almost as good as the results themselves was that the kids were super excited to share the news with us, they new they did good. I'm happy.

Back