The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds kind of odd to ask.

Getting married in September and having a really hard time finding bowties to my liking. I found mine and my son's. Now searching for Groomsmen bowties. Our colors are mint green and peach. Me and the little dude are wearing Mint Green/White bowties and the guys are wearing peach.

Question -> What are people's thoughts on my (the groom) bowtie having a different PRINT than the Groomsmen's bowties? My print is "Damask" and the one that I really like for the guys is "Paisley".

Thoughts??

It's perfectly acceptable. You are setting yourself apart from your groomsmen. When I got married I had a different color and pattern to my bowtie. Besides, if it makes you feel any better, 99% of the time people won't even be able to see the pattern anyways.

Getting married in September and having a really hard time finding bowties to my liking. I found mine and my son's. Now searching for Groomsmen bowties. Our colors are mint green and peach. Me and the little dude are wearing Mint Green/White bowties and the guys are wearing peach.

Question -> What are people's thoughts on my (the groom) bowtie having a different PRINT than the Groomsmen's bowties? My print is "Damask" and the one that I really like for the guys is "Paisley".

Thoughts??

Thoughts??

I think the groom should have a different type of tie or different print. More than just a different color. I think it is a good idea.

Thoughts??

I wouldn't mind it at all. Ask the boss, though.

Boom... exactly what the wife and I want. I just wasnt sure if it would be tacky to have different prints.

I definitely wanted different color, but wasnt sure if the prints would mesh okay, being completely different.

Boom... exactly what the wife and I want. I just wasnt sure if it would be tacky to have different prints.
If it is what you guys want, and makes you both happy ... that's all that matters.

Despite how some people may act/behave or talk ... remember one important point in all of this: That day belongs to you and your wife.

Congrats by the way!

If it is what you guys want, and makes you both happy ... that's all that matters.

Despite how some people may act/behave or talk ... remember one important point in all of this: That day belongs to you and your wife.

Congrats by the way!

Appreciate the kind words. Totally agree and I told her she can make that call. But she wanted me to ask around.

I definitely wanted different color, but wasnt sure if the prints would mesh okay, being completely different.

I see it all the time, different colors and patterns, sometimes completely different ties all together. It will look fine.

Finally broke down and got the windows tinted on my new car, SOOOOOOOOO much better with the black leather in it. Makes me a happy person despite the kick between the legs price wise. Looks damn good though.

Finally broke down and got the windows tinted on my new car, SOOOOOOOOO much better with the black leather in it. Makes me a happy person despite the kick between the legs price wise. Looks damn good though.

It makes all the difference In the world both from a comfort point of view, and with looks.

It makes all the difference In the world both from a comfort point of view, and with looks.

It really does. I was one of "those guys" and got a strip put across the top of the windshield too, so nice. Tint guy called it an "eyebrow", I laughed aloud when he did.

Its a must with black interior imo. Feels just soooooo much nicer in there especially when you get off work and your car has been sitting in the sun, doesn't scold you haha

Its a must with black interior imo. Feels just soooooo much nicer in there especially when you get off work and your car has been sitting in the sun, doesn't scold you haha

Too true.

Its funny, since I got the matte grey paint on mine every place I go has to ask questions about it. When they tint place pulled it in the shot the two guys were rubbing their finger across it and one finally came and asked me about it. Too funny.

Appreciate the kind words. Totally agree and I told her she can make that call. But she wanted me to ask around.

I definitely like the idea and have seen it done a lot. And I'll correct one thing Duece said it's her day, not both of yours.....said in jest....kind of :)

Too true.

Its funny, since I got the matte grey paint on mine every place I go has to ask questions about it. When they tint place pulled it in the shot the two guys were rubbing their finger across it and one finally came and asked me about it. Too funny.

Lol. I never saw what you ended up getting dude, whatcha get? (Car I mean)

Lol. I never saw what you ended up getting dude, whatcha get? (Car I mean)

2013 Veloster Turbo, I freaking love it.

2013 Veloster Turbo, I freaking love it.

Ahh that's awesome seriously I almost bought one too!!! I was going to buy one late 2012 in VT but decided I needed awd up there. Went with a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart instead but I've always been a huge fan of little hatchbacks. That matte grey is a slick color.

I definitely like the idea and have seen it done a lot. And I'll correct one thing Duece said it's her day, not both of yours.....said in jest....kind of :)

Lol. True. I simply meant it form the standpoint that if family/friends question or push a position it is the husbands job to say "We are doing it our way." Husbands primary job is to run interference and make sure the wife gets what she wants.

We were lucky in that our family kept quiet and let us plan and execute the wedding the way we wanted, but I was ready to take no prisoners if it had been required. If there were any grumblings we never heard them.

So GG makes a post earlier about something making her laugh. Only the self indulgent would assume it was about them (which it wasnt, it was about free gear from tour van stops that people were charging for). Its par for the course, but it did give us both a good laugh.

I think I am going to go with War Eagle's thoughts on that restaurant. I need a I heart Home Depot Sandwich Board. :D Clearly higher standards.

Okay, enough general rambling about the self indulgent and back to the topics at hand. Tons of fun, new US Open contest coming up. Another fun contest coming up. And a whole bunch of contest winners being announced soon.

#winning

My kids just realized that Josh is coming to MN and they won't get to see him. #sadface

My kids just realized that Josh is coming to MN and they won't get to see him. #sadface

Wait til they find out he hates kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back