Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

this thread reminds me, I need to pull the heads from Nerfny's set and sell them. Maybe a project for tonight.

For those that have these, or have tinkered with them, what is everyone's opinion on the DW?

Im hot and cold with set gap wedges, some I love and some I hate, Im a headcase like that.

thoughts?

this thread reminds me, I need to pull the heads from Nerfny's set and sell them. Maybe a project for tonight.

Wait what? Mens coloring? Want to trade?

For those that have these, or have tinkered with them, what is everyone's opinion on the DW?

Im hot and cold with set gap wedges, some I love and some I hate, Im a headcase like that.

thoughts?

If you use it primarily for full swings, its an awesome weapon.

men's coloring. Had senior shafts in them. Only have 6-PW.

Yeah it's pretty much full swings. I struggle in that 100 to 115 range and while I can get away with a partial swing pw at 115 I usually go way over green when I try it on 100 yard shots #1 at the fort

MD,
I have watched you play this set on multiple occasions (in spots). Each time you hit them better than previously. It could change some things for you.

Love my DW for full swings and partial swings. Jury is still out for me on greenside work with it, but absolutely love it from everywhere else!

MD,
I have watched you play this set on multiple occasions (in spots). Each time you hit them better than previously. It could change some things for you.

and now add to that I hit them well indoors this past weekend (I hit NOTHING well in doors)

The MC ponder setup has these in them for sure, especially those STUPID easy to hit 4I and 5I

and now add to that I hit them well indoors this past weekend (I hit NOTHING well in doors)

The MC ponder setup has these in them for sure, especially those STUPID easy to hit 4I and 5I

Will you pull a "Meed" (Suck it up) and end up only getting half? Dont be a Meed Mike. Dont do it.

Go for it, full set of Altitudes in the MC bag!

Will you pull a "Meed" (Suck it up) and end up only getting half? Dont be a Meed Mike. Dont do it.

No idea, will depend on what the options are

Maybe I go combo set since Im a feel player :angel:

All I know is that the bag will have 0 MT in it, me and those are just no bueno

6 swings at golfsmith with a 6 iron yesterday.
5 around 170 to 173 total distance

On less than stellar swings

Scary
I told Jman that if we're playing Cleveland irons in the MC, I'll be going Altitudes if there is a heavier steel shaft option.

I'm seriously pondering heavier shafts for these.
I hated the graphite shaft, but have since swung them with heavier steel shafts (c-taper lite) and was really, really impressed.

I have an extra 6 iron with a stock graphite shaft. I tried to give it to Coers, but say he didn't want to keep it. I'm not sure how you'll go about selling Nerfny's heads, but feel free to add that 6 iron as well if you want.

I told Jman that if we're playing Cleveland irons in the MC, I'll be going Altitudes if there is a heavier steel shaft option.

I hated the graphite shaft, but have since swung them with heavier steel shafts (c-taper lite) and was really, really impressed.

I have an extra 6 iron with a stock graphite shaft. I tried to give it to Coers, but say he didn't want to keep it. I'm not sure how you'll go about selling Nerfny's heads, but feel free to add that 6 iron as well if you want.

Yeah Ive only hit it with the Action Lite's, Traction Lite's and JB's C' Kua's....really like the C'Kua's right now the best.

I'd agree with JB on this one. If your goal with the D is to fill a gap on a full swing, then I think it is a great club. I have more confidence with it on a full swing than anything I've tried with this sort of loft.

If you want to pitch, etc., then there may be more versatile options out there. It's a debate that I go back and forth with, particularly since I use my GW for pitching.

I'd agree with JB on this one. If your goal with the D is to fill a gap on a full swing, then I think it is a great club. I have more confidence with it on a full swing than anything I've tried with this sort of loft.

If you want to pitch, etc., then there may be more versatile options out there. It's a debate that I go back and forth with, particularly since I use my GW for pitching.

Yep yep, this thing is money from 100-110 for me.

thoughts?

I use them on full swings and love both the D and S. I have wedge flex shafts in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hate the graphite shafts, actually really like them, and my back for sure really loves them, but I seem to get better dispersion with heavier shafts.

So thanks to a certain MC captain I'll have a few of these to tinker with for the near future. Not sure what my MC options are going to be but just some messing around and seeing if worse case they are a near term post mc option for me.

Yeah Ive only hit it with the Action Lite's, Traction Lite's and JB's C' Kua's....really like the C'Kua's right now the best.

I have the C. Kua's 4-6. The 6 gets here tomorrow, but really like how the 4 and 5 feel. I hit JB's 6 a few times and am excited to get my own based on that experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When is the deadline for your MC order Mike? Haven't the Cobra and TM guys already put all their orders in?

When is the deadline for your MC order Mike? Haven't the Cobra and TM guys already put all their orders in?

Still up in air with potential for Srixon offerings coming into the mix.

Still up in air with potential for Srixon offerings coming into the mix.

You're crazy dude!!! I think the altitude aire is over.

Altitudes for life!

Back