The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are calmer then me, I would have marched my a$$ into the nearest physical location and raised hell until a tech was at my house that day. Just ask Comcast, they know I will.

I agree, we're expected to pay on time and are held to a high standard as customers, why shouldn't they as providers? that crap really pisses me off.

I agree, we're expected to pay on time and are held to a high standard as customers, why shouldn't they as providers? that crap really pisses me off.

Agreed! And I don't want to hear that they will credit my account $2 for the day or whatever. Eff that! You said someone is coming, then they will come.

You are calmer then me, I would have marched my a$$ into the nearest physical location and raised hell until a tech was at my house that day. Just ask Comcast, they know I will.

They are lucky I am still learning my way around :)

Made 3 phone calls on my way to work. Have at least one free month of service coming, working on a second.

Apparently setting an appointment for Internet and TV on Thursday from 9-11 means the company actually schedules it for Friday from 9-11.

I even called them this morning and they confirmed they were coming out today.

Can't be in late 2 days in a row so now they won't be back until next Wednesday.

So no Internet or cable until Wednesday. Ugh.

If you didn't smile so damn much, I'd tell you to walk into their location and make them nervous, sunshine!

Because they know there is nothing you can do in many situations.
They have you and they know it.
As more streaming is coming and people are cutting the cord more frequently, the customer service side of it will have to keep up or everybody will leave.

Who knew that when you hire sub contractors with little education, not enough training and no people skills, that they will suffer when it comes to customer service. Amazing to have those thoughts.

Its why the Costco way continues to produce results and get support.

They are all bad, it doesn't matter who the cable provider is (or satellite) they are all bad.

Completely agree with you and I can't stand any of them.

If you didn't smile so damn much, I'd tell you to walk into their location and make them nervous, sunshine!

No smile this morning and I felt bad later for the young guy on the phone earlier. He unfortunately made the mistake of asking if they could come tomorrow morning right after I told him I just started a new job and couldn't take 2 half days in a row. Not very smart on his part.

Last edited:
Don't get me started. When they came to set up my current house, I told them "There wall brackets are already in place, just snake it through the wall." What did they do? They drilled holes in my FLOOR! My fracking floor! I could have strangled the damn fool. Instead I told him to just get the frack out before I killed him. Brand new floors.

Had to get under my house and do it all myself. Fortunately we just recarpetted a couple of rooms so those holes have been plugged and forever out of sight. But in my living room? Dang, it still makes my blood boil every time I see that plug in my hardwood.

Don't get me started. When they came to set up my current house, I told them "There wall brackets are already in place, just snake it through the wall." What did they do? They drilled holes in my FLOOR! My fracking floor! I could have strangled the damn fool. Instead I told him to just get the frack out before I killed him. Brand new floors.

Had to get under my house and do it all myself. Fortunately we just recarpetted a couple of rooms so those holes have been plugged and forever out of sight. But in my living room? Dang, it still makes my blood boil every time I see that plug in my hardwood.

Ouch they would be paying for some new floors if that happened to me. No way am I going to lose value on my house because they cant hire good installers.

My biggest problem with time Warner is the junk they use hardware wise their modems are absolute garbage. They also like to shut my internet off once every couple weeks for what they call suspicious activity.

I VPN into a bunch of government and sometimes overseas locations for work all the time and that is the only thing I could see that they think is suspicious .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I had a very similar situation arise a couple months ago. I got an email the night before informing me the tech wasn't coming on Friday as I scheduled, but was coming the following Monday instead. I called in ready to raise hell and was shocked at the excellent customer service i received. I told her what happened, she immediately apologized and asked if she could call me back. 10 minutes later she called and told me the tech would come at our scheduled time, and once again apologized that I had to take time out of my day to call in. I was shocked, very different than what I had experienced with cable companies in the past.

It was Verizon.

Daughter woke up crying hysterically at daycare and is inconsolable so I have to go leave work and go get her. This day just keeps getting better.

Because they know there is nothing you can do in many situations.
They have you and they know it.
As more streaming is coming and people are cutting the cord more frequently, the customer service side of it will have to keep up or everybody will leave.

Who knew that when you hire sub contractors with little education, not enough training and no people skills, that they will suffer when it comes to customer service. Amazing to have those thoughts.

Its why the Costco way continues to produce results and get support.

The Costco way?

The Costco way?

They offer higher salaries than most other companies and benefits to most of their employees. There is a small difference in pay between a manager and a lower level employee, making everyone just about equal. It keeps their employees happy, which in turn makes them better employees and customer service reps, which makes the consumer happy and then they spend more money. It's been their business model for years and has been why they are profitable year after year, even though they have a smaller profit margin on their goods then most other wholesale companies.

That's a great recipe there, maybe Nike should adopt that method. I've been trying to get my money back for the FI impacts for a while now, they are the worst golf shoes created and they told me that unless there is a manufacturer defect no can do lol. never ever throw away your receipt.

Daughter woke up crying hysterically at daycare and is inconsolable so I have to go leave work and go get her. This day just keeps getting better.

Ugh dude. I'm cringing for you man. Don't know what to say, thinking of your little one every day. Hate hearing of her going through this.

They offer higher salaries than most other companies and benefits to most of their employees. There is a small difference in pay between a manager and a lower level employee, making everyone just about equal. It keeps their employees happy, which in turn makes them better employees and customer service reps, which makes the consumer happy and then they spend more money. It's been their business model for years and has been why they are profitable year after year, even though they have a smaller profit margin on their goods then most other wholesale companies.

I love it, I think it's brilliant and a process that works over and over is one that doesn't need to be messed with. More companies should embrace the employees this way.

I love it, I think it's brilliant and a process that works over and over is one that doesn't need to be messed with. More companies should embrace the employees this way.

The problem is that most companies do not have a membership fee money to be able to do so. Its a tough sell. We as consumers need low prices in this economy and at the same time complain about low wages. Sadly with what has happened in this country, the company that employs is looked at as the evil empire and greedy, when in turn, that is not really the case. The amount of bills that have to get paid to even remotely turn a profit is staggering, because the big has to continue to support the jobless, the lazy and the malcontent. Its a lose lose proposition all the way around and it sucks.

I am so sorry to hear this and this completely puts my rant into perspective. I really have nothing to complain about.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

The problem is that most companies do not have a membership fee money to be able to do so. Its a tough sell. We as consumers need low prices in this economy and at the same time complain about low wages. Sadly with what has happened in this country, the company that employs is looked at as the evil empire and greedy, when in turn, that is not really the case. The amount of bills that have to get paid to even remotely turn a profit is staggering, because the big has to continue to support the jobless, the lazy and the malcontent. Its a lose lose proposition all the way around and it sucks.

That's another conversation and rant altogether, I understand parts of it but not all economics make sense to me.

Man I hope she feels better Dev, having a sick child is the greatest feeling of helplessness one can endure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back