The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I watched you transform into one hell of a player. You battled back from shakes start countered by some world class play from Tyno. You stayed the course and took that match to the last put on 18. That was fun to experience with you.

Thanks my man. That round with all 4 of us I will never forget. Some great golf by all of us was played and that was just flat out special.

Adam and Trout - I certainly understand the exchange you all were having, and it just reminded me that I wanted to post that. Wasn't really meant anyway other than that.

Donne, if at any point in my ramblings you think I'm being serious, just remember it's me. :act-up:

Man I agree AD. We as the hosts, monitor those indexes and seeing lack of scores, seeing indexes made up of scores from 2012, and other abnormalities does make us think a bit. Hopefully with this short of time left, people get out there a bit.

Not that this was directed at me (because it wasn't.....right??? :alien:) but, I've probably have played more rounds to this point in the season as compared to last year. I have 15 up to this point (16 and 17 today and tomorrow) and plan on playing at least 36 a week leading up to the MC. At this point last year I had 4 rounds. This event has really driven me to get more course practice in. It's also opened my wife's eyes up to how much I love golf (not more than her though). Because of that, she's telling me to play more and more. This event has done so many great things for me personally that outweigh the improvement on my game.

Donne, if at any point in my ramblings you think I'm being serious, just remember it's me. :act-up:

Not that this was directed at me (because it wasn't.....right??? :alien:) but, I've probably have played more rounds to this point in the season as compared to last year. I have 15 up to this point (16 and 17 today and tomorrow) and plan on playing at least 36 a week leading up to the MC. At this point last year I had 4 rounds. This event has really driven me to get more course practice in. It's also opened my wife's eyes up to how much I love golf (not more than her though). Because of that, she's telling me to play more and more. This event has done so many great things for me personally that outweigh the improvement on my game.

I haven't even kept up with how many rounds since November, but it's a lot, easily more than the past 3 years combined. It's an obsession.

I haven't even kept up with how many rounds since November, but it's a lot, easily more than the past 3 years combined. It's an obsession.

I've played a couple to 4 times a month but that's also how much I usually play, there may be a month or two where I'll play 5 or 6 times but that's not the norm. The only things that have changed for me are the way I practice, and the intensity of practice.

Love reading about all of the work you guys are putting in. It is also pushing me to work more on my game as well. Not only to not embarrass myself during the practice rounds in MB, but also to get my game tighter for the Gauntlet. Keep the motivation going guys!!

Posted in the appropriate thread, but I wanted to post here too. I was back in the 70's for the first time today. Very happy about that.

Posted in the appropriate thread, but I wanted to post here too. I was back in the 70's for the first time today. Very happy about that.

Glad to hear that your local temps are getting into the 70s now. Now you need to get out there and play some golf!

Glad to hear that your local temps are getting into the 70s now. Now you need to get out there and play some golf!

hahaha I appreciate the humor. It was in the 80's. I was in the 70's :)

This makes me happy! I know all with the baby life is not the same. Glad to hear you are rounding into form

Tick-Tock goes the clock and I'm a lucky guy.
I practice, I play and work towards July.

Full shots, mid irons and short game discipline.
Working on all of them, again and again and again.

Forty Individuals, five awesome teams.
Five OEM's dishing out dreams.

JB and GG seem quite smitten with all the plans for #FranchiseRewritten

We talk, we work and time will fly
Tick-Tock goes the clock and I'm a lucky guy.....

#THPMC2014

JM

Well, this event continues to push me and make me better. I fired a new personal best 79 yesterday. But I don't feel it's enough. I had 36 putts...I know I can do better.

Back on the course today for another 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this event continues to push me and make me better. I fired a new personal best 79 yesterday. But I don't feel it's enough. I had 36 putts...I know I can do better.

Keep up the good work. I completely agree.... With some of the scores I have been shooting it would be easy to take a seat and just wait for July to get here but I still see plenty of room for improvement and still am wasting shots. More work to be done

Congrats on the new PB. Breaking 80 is a goal of mine this year as well, and even when I shoot good scores I feel I can do better. Your success is motivating me to keep working harder, so keep working because I know I will be!

I'm loving people breaking barriers and posting some great scores. I think we will see a very high level of play in July.

Just a quick question to satisfy my curiosity, those of you who don't have any of the clubs you will be gaming in July, do you think you are at a disadvantage?

I know a lot of dudes have acquired some of the clubs they will be using. I don't have the cash or the trade bait to get any of the clubs that will be in my bag. I personally don't think I'm at a disadvantage but I'd be curious to see what everyone else thinks including dudes who aren't in the MC.

Jordan: I'm not gonna say it's a disadvantage but I wouldn't be comfortable going into that weekend with no familiarity. Your swing is your swing but there's still a learning curve and comfort that has to be there.

If nothing else, I want to have time with putter, wedges, and driver.

But everyone's different in how they adapt to new clubs.

I think it depends on what type of player you are. If you are a feel player I believe it would take some time and you might be at a disadvantage. If you were fit properly then you shouldn't have much to get used to other than some distances. To me it's all in what you make of it. If you just go play golf and have a general idea of distances and shot shapes you should be good to go.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Just a quick question to satisfy my curiosity, those of you who don't have any of the clubs you will be gaming in July, do you think you are at a disadvantage?

I know a lot of dudes have acquired some of the clubs they will be using. I don't have the cash or the trade bait to get any of the clubs that will be in my bag. I personally don't think I'm at a disadvantage but I'd be curious to see what everyone else thinks including dudes who aren't in the MC.
I don't think of it as a disadvantage. I knew going in that buying the clubs I'll be using at the Morgan Cup were not going into my bag prior (like you, simply can't afford it). I looked at the budget, and how I was going to improve my game the fastest and most effectively, and said to myself that lessons, range time, and getting on the course a lot was going to be my path. I figure that means that, when I get the sticks for my game, my swing will better match them and I'll be hitting them better than if I had made equipment my priority.

That being said, putter and wedges are what'll be on my mind come that Friday.

The putter is the one that worries me the most. I spent a lot of time with TM putters once I was selected to the MC because I had never owned one before. I finally settled on one and bought last year's model figuring it would be a smooth transition to the one I get at Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately, that putter was not available so I had to go in a different direction.

I don't have any of the gear either, I was fortunate enough to get 7 iron loaner for a few hours last week though. I don't know if it's a disadvantage but hopefully everyone had a fitting to remove most of the variables, feel should be the difference for those who have and those that don't.

Honestly, I think my MC bag gives me an advantage, especially in the woods/hybrids. I know they are custom fit to my game and swing so I expect them to perform immediately.

I don't think so jordan. No matter what you or I are gaming it's still about putting good swings on whatever gear you have.

I think much was made about nothing when it was announced gear was showing up day of.

Having only the True Balance putter at the PGA SS, that makes me a little nervous as it is it's different from anything I've rolled before, but I think having Friday to get acquainted with it I'll be fine.

I don't think so jordan. No matter what you or I are gaming it's still about putting good swings on whatever gear you have.

I think much was made about nothing when it was announced gear was showing up day of.

I agree with this. Also I have never played equipment that completely changed my game for good or bad immediately.

Having only the True Balance putter at the PGA SS, that makes me a little nervous as it is it's different from anything I've rolled before, but I think having Friday to get acquainted with it I'll be fine.

It's pretty easy to get used to, no doubt you'll get it quick. It's exceptional.

Back