2014 Morgan Cup - Media Day Is Now Staff Sponsor Day

Most people have spent considerable demo time or already own most of the clubs anyway, but I'm sure some will want a little more getting to know you time. I expect most of us CGSrixon folks will have items we've never even seen in person before, which will be interesting, but it's golf clubs. I'm not really stressing it. I'd rather conserve a little energy for the weekend.

As always hawk is wise.

Golf clubs are golf clubs, give me 9 and a little range time and all is fine. It's not that hard to acclimate to new things.

I will be looking to socialize with everyone on the range as well. Swing should be locked down tight by then

No socializing here. I demand complete silence!

I preserve the right to make no plans once friday starts. With all the jb epic posts and so msny of us all together there is no way something such as planning can exist...imo

Which is why I stated "after all of the official events are done." I'm just curious, to be honest. Take a bunch of THPers and put new clubs in their hands, and all this talk of "I'm only playing 9 holes that day" may go away. :wink:

I can see myself on the range/practice area when everything is said and done on Friday.

Obviously after all duties are taken care if I plan on getting some practice time on the range and putting green. More socializing and getting a feel like others said.

For me media day and the practice 9 will be the majority of the day for me. Granted I will hit the short game area, but then it's socializing and enjoying the event and dinner prep.

No plans to golf more than the 9 that's already included, but the practice green will be my office until dinner. Less concerned about it now that I've got a true balance putter coming my way to get acquainted with, but putting is still going to be where the cup is won or lost.

That's kind of how I'm feeling, too. Haven't been able to pre-purchase my Morgan Cup bag, so I might need a little extra range time to get acquainted, and the combination of new wedges a new ball, and putting on a surface I haven't really worked on before, it's going to be quite the experience.

I'm excited for all of you guys, that day will be a blast.

What I'm wondering is after all of the official events are done, how many guys will be grinding away on the range or getting a practice round in late on Friday afternoon to get more comfortable with their new sticks. I realize it's a bit of a different situation this year, but I played a casual round last year on that Friday afternoon with my brother and dad, and really hit it well that day so the confidence carried over into the weekend. Will be interesting to see who puts in more work on Friday afternoon vs. those that want to relax a bit before the competition starts on Saturday.

I will be socializing a lot but each shot I hit will have my full attention, I plan on a ton of chipping with the new wedges those are the toughest clubs for me to get used to.

I will be socializing a lot but each shot I hit will have my full attention, I plan on a ton of chipping with the new wedges those are the toughest clubs for me to get used to.

I'll gladly socialize and chip with ya brotha.

I plan to take it as it comes...I know that day will blow our minds so I'm thinking the 9 holes plus some range and short game time will do it.

I'll gladly socialize and chip with ya brotha.

Me too. I plan on spendig a lot of time to get to know you two and brad as you three are the only albatross members I havent met yet.
So many guys to meet and chat up!

Me too. I plan on spendig a lot of time to get to know you two and brad as you three are the only albatross members I havent met yet.
So many guys to meet and chat up!

Likewise Kanger!! I think Staff Sponsor Day is just going to blow everyone's socks off.

I'm really looking forward to capturing all of your faces when you come down to the range. Like kids at Christmas.

I'm really looking forward to capturing all of your faces when you come down to the range. Like kids at Christmas.

I just know it's going to be amazing.

I absolutely love that we are getting to play 9 on Friday.

That combined with whatever obligations we have (hello social media) plus a bit of practice is gonna make for one hell of a fun day.

It's going to be here before we know it.....and I'm not ready.

#swingyourswing

The sight of 40 THPers on the range with brand new staff bags is going to be amazing. Fortunately, the range at True Blue is large enough to accomodate everyone.

Super excited for you guys !! Wish I had found THP years ago. my plan would be to stand near the Panda as much as possible to try to gain some knowledge.

The more I think about it the more this hits at home buddy. I'm all for socializing and having a great time, but when I'm over the ball to hit it I'll be completely focused.

I look forward to spending some time I the range with you, brother. Always a wealth of knowledge and a joy to be around.

There should be some amazing reactions!!!

I look forward to spending some time I the range with you, brother. Always a wealth of knowledge and a joy to be around.

Thanks Ryan I'm stoked to get up there with you guys and play some THP golf dude, much much needed.

The wedges are the one club I have complete confidence in. I'll be working on that putter and FWs. But definitely catching up with you.

I would like to formally request a couple of more hours be added to that day, so we can all just soak it in. Thanks! :act-up:

JM

Back